Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Why has Europe traditionally been a stronghold for electronic music?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
arskinetica
Senior tranceaddict

Why has Europe traditionally been a stronghold for electronic music?

Why has Europe traditionally been a stronghold for electronic music?

As far as I know, there aren't many Americans, and Deadmau5 is one of the few Canadians.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 07:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for arskinetica Click here to Send arskinetica a Private Message Visit arskinetica's homepage! Add arskinetica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
-FSP-
Supreme tranceaddict

North America was never ever friendly to disco music. It's was a rock dominated music culture for some time. There's a backlash against sampling, and midi too. Things are looking different with America totally eating up electro and dubstep, but we have to wait and see if it's just a trend or here to stay.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 07:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for -FSP- Click here to Send -FSP- a Private Message Add -FSP- to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
arskinetica
Senior tranceaddict

Yeah, I've read about that.

For some reason it continued to be popular with blacks, latinos and gay people.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 07:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for arskinetica Click here to Send arskinetica a Private Message Visit arskinetica's homepage! Add arskinetica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
atxbigballer1
Supreme tranceaddict

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_house
I don't have a point, just want it to post some thing.

"It's not the equipment....it's the muthaf@#%r running it"
quote:
Originally posted by Pagan-za
Fighting online is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 07:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for atxbigballer1 Click here to Send atxbigballer1 a Private Message Add atxbigballer1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

troll thread..

Old Post Feb-08-2011 07:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

By 2020 I think it will be huge in America.

My Soundcloud

Old Post Feb-08-2011 07:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
arskinetica
Senior tranceaddict

I think so too.

I bring up the minority angle because I'm curious. Was it because it was a way to have their own music?

I happen to be gay myself, and a lot us of do like this stuff (although we don't admit it) for some reason. Are we wired to dance or something?

Old Post Feb-08-2011 08:16  United States
Microlab
Supreme tranceaddict

And why most of the greatest classical composers of all time were born in Europe?

Old Post Feb-08-2011 09:17  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for Microlab Click here to Send Microlab a Private Message Add Microlab to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scrittah
Supreme tranceaddict

To the second question, most of the great classical compositions people think of were created while Europe was full of superpowers and America hadn't been settled yet. There was still plenty of music being written in Africa and Asia, but the wide influence of Western music means that older, Western composers have kind of overshadowed them.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 11:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Scrittah Click here to Send Scrittah a Private Message Visit Scrittah's homepage! Add Scrittah to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by arskinetica
I think so too.

I bring up the minority angle because I'm curious. Was it because it was a way to have their own music?

I happen to be gay myself, and a lot us of do like this stuff (although we don't admit it) for some reason. Are we wired to dance or something?

have you ever been to europe?

its just as big there as it is here..

and theres just as much guys this side of the pond making this music..as over there..

sure they happen to have a lot more success due to more festivals..and a lot more indepedant records being thrown on the radio in europe compared to the states where only the big labels control what gets played..

besides that theres no difference...

Old Post Feb-08-2011 12:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Microlab
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Scrittah
To the second question, most of the great classical compositions people think of were created while Europe was full of superpowers and America hadn't been settled yet. There was still plenty of music being written in Africa and Asia, but the wide influence of Western music means that older, Western composers have kind of overshadowed them.

Not sure

Old Post Feb-08-2011 12:47  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for Microlab Click here to Send Microlab a Private Message Add Microlab to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rodri Santos
Supreme tranceaddict

in the 18th century America was just a bunch of europeans and the local natives, people who immigrated to America rarely were musicians, in the 15th and 16th century when America became established traveling by boat meant a year travelling plus a huge risk of death, only people who had loads of things to win and little to lose went there.

Now things have changed drastically and America is not the bandwagon of the world, the opposite indeed. But it's true there are few gifted artists for such a huge population compared to Europe, you have a lot of talent in Holland which is a pretty small country so i think social culture plays a role here.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 14:38  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for Rodri Santos Click here to Send Rodri Santos a Private Message Add Rodri Santos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Why has Europe traditionally been a stronghold for electronic music?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackmale vocal mid 2005 [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTony Allen - "Take Me Higher" (Paul van Dyk Rework) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread