Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Nrg2Nfinit
ItaloDiscoAddict

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
Clearly you haven't seen Daredevil

Clearly you're taking the piss here.

Old Post Jul-23-2012 21:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nrg2Nfinit Click here to Send Nrg2Nfinit a Private Message Add Nrg2Nfinit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RapidFire
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
Clearly you haven't seen Daredevil

that masterpiece aside...

there have been very few comic book movies that really engaged me on an adult level. X Men First Class and Watchmen are the only ones i can think of that really pushed the genre in the same vein as the nolan trilogy

Old Post Jul-23-2012 22:49  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for RapidFire Click here to Send RapidFire a Private Message Add RapidFire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
X Men First Class

Was that actually any good? I never got around to seeing it.

Old Post Jul-23-2012 23:12  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk

Meh.

I was glad I went for a matinee screening.

Old Post Jul-23-2012 23:28 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RapidFire
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk

its different from the standard comic book fare. a lot more dialogue driven

Old Post Jul-24-2012 00:42  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for RapidFire Click here to Send RapidFire a Private Message Add RapidFire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

looks like i am in the minority. was fairly disappointed. felt the other two films were much better. though i loved darth va-i mean bane.

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Far too much expository dialogue,

one of my biggest complaints. too much telling, not enough showing.

Old Post Jul-25-2012 12:42  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
As I thought it would be, it was extremely enjoyable, and very good for your standard Hollywood block-buster, but still suffered from Nolan's standard issues.

Far too much expository dialogue, smacking the audience in the face with things (a clean slate? like it deletes a persons record, completely cleaning their slate?), obviousness (it was clear who was the real villain almost from the start), and poor directing (look at this, now look at this, now look at this). Most of the time I was able to look past all of these (and the impossibility of a lot of the stuff) and greatly enjoy it, but occasionally it was too much.

Also, anyone else think Bane sounded like Sean Connery?

To add to this stuff:

Bane is not a good villian. Raz created Batman and forced him to choose how he will deal with crime and revenge, Joker was Batman's philisophical antithesis, and bane is just a smart brute. It's suggested in the beginning that he will outwit batman, and he does but the battle between them is hardly strategic and the story is much more focused on finding a new motivation for batman.

One big fucking thing that was missing from the movie was a new batsuit. The movie would have benefited from a new source of imagery and there was a brilliant opportunity after batman has "risen." Even if nolan just painted it silver or gold it would have made a difference.

I found it hilarious that in the final battle between the bat and bane, batman figures out to hit bane's sedative delivery mask. Why not just destroy it in the first place, even if he didn't know what it was? That fight was pretty anticlimatic. Batman doesn't even "defeat" bane.

What is the deal with bruce having no cartilage in his legs, and then magically he fixes his back and finds his way out of the pit?

Talia doesn't look like a villian, at all.

Why couldn't there have been some sort of love triangle? That would have been more interesting...Morally, batman and catwoman are two different people...

Good stuff about the movie:

Bane has an impressive on screen presence
Catwoman's Cat ears were done in a clever way
I love that chase scene in the low ceiling tunnel
Opening scene was better than TDK
Anne Hathaway looks hot
There were some good jokes towards the first half of the movie
Movie moves along relatively briskly, although some scenes do drag their feet
Nolan used a shit ton of extras to create realistic battle scenes
"The Bat" is pretty neat looking
Scale of the fight is larger than the first two

Old Post Jul-25-2012 15:51  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN

one of my biggest complaints. too much telling, not enough showing.

Maybe that's what happens when you make Batman 3 after Inception.

Old Post Jul-25-2012 15:54  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

I thought the dark knight opening scene in terms of movie making far superior. The cuts are immaculate. It is quick it is edgy, it introduces the joker and his musical theme , which for some reason is non existent in the DKR. The way in which all the characters are killed, how the bank owner is a crook himself, it is perhaps not as grandiose but much better with more nuance and sets the tone for the overall theme of the movie in the first 30 seconds. There is this one particular edit where the action stops. there is a pulsating synth that you only hear if you have a sub or in the theatre. Just little things like that. It was just more intricate and better choreographed. And the joker theme. A distorted cello that that just rises. Simple yet chaotic and brilliant. Maybe i would have to watch both side by side. The opening scene from DNR almost seems like an add on. Flashy i suppose.

Last edited by Looney4Clooney on Jul-25-2012 at 16:30

Old Post Jul-25-2012 16:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
I thought the dark knight opening scene in terms of movie making far superior. The cuts are immaculate. It is quick it is edgy, it introduces the joker and his musical theme , which for some reason is non existent in the DKR. The way in which all the characters are killed, how the bank owner is a crook himself, it is perhaps not as grandiose but much better with more nuance and sets the tone for the overall theme of the movie in the first 30 seconds. There is this one particular edit where the action stops. there is a pulsating synth that you only hear if you have a sub or in the theatre. Just little things like that. It was just more intricate and better choreographed. And the joker theme.

So fucking true. The opening of TDK is one of the shining points of the film, and Nolan spent an incredible amount of time perfecting that first 15 minutes. It really is a masterclass in film editing.

quote:
A distorted cello that that just rises. Simple yet chaotic and brilliant.

Thanks

Old Post Jul-25-2012 18:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

quote:
I thought the dark knight opening scene in terms of movie making far superior. The cuts are immaculate. It is quick it is edgy, it introduces the joker and his musical theme , which for some reason is non existent in the DKR. The way in which all the characters are killed, how the bank owner is a crook himself, it is perhaps not as grandiose but much better with more nuance and sets the tone for the overall theme of the movie in the first 30 seconds. There is this one particular edit where the action stops. there is a pulsating synth that you only hear if you have a sub or in the theatre. Just little things like that. It was just more intricate and better choreographed. And the joker theme. A distorted cello that that just rises. Simple yet chaotic and brilliant. Maybe i would have to watch both side by side. The opening scene from DNR almost seems like an add on. Flashy i suppose.

Visually, Bane's opening was just more visually impressive. The sense of verticality in the plane was neat too. I just laughed when Bane made the comment about shooting a man and then throwing him out of the plane.

The Joker riser is pretty cool.

I think Nolan screened both prologues in imax before the both movies came out.

Old Post Jul-26-2012 13:25  Trinidad and Tobago
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

Visually stunning in the Michael Bay sort of way.

Old Post Jul-26-2012 13:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCould Someone help me id this ? thanks [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSilverblue - "Do You Know" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread