Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Gaming Forum > The Wii
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Yan
fauxhawk

quote:
Originally posted by apri_peel
but, hopefully due to a smaller population number, canada might have a higher ratio of consoles on friday

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

quote:
if i dont get it, i'll live
visiting my nephew in a bit who owns an xbox360, im sure that'll help pass the time

That's a very good way of looking at this situation. That already makes you better than 50%+ of people out there that "can't live" without getting the toys on day one.

Old Post Nov-16-2006 05:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Yan Click here to Send Yan a Private Message Add Yan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
apri_peel
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Yan
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

That's a very good way of looking at this situation. That already makes you better than 50%+ of people out there that "can't live" without getting the toys on day one.

heh thanks
its definately nice to have the latest toy the day it comes out
but i should probably be spending time on studying anyways lol
i definately see no point in lining up days in advance, thats a bit silly

wii doesnt seem to be generating as much crazy hype as ps3 does, i find that interesting. i also don't quite get what possible 'production limitations' could prevent a giant corporation from making an extra million or two of one of the most sough-after systems? they aren't making profit from scalpers re-selling the shit, so why not make few more systems and make the extra buck

my 2cents

Old Post Nov-16-2006 07:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for apri_peel Click here to Send apri_peel a Private Message Add apri_peel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yan
fauxhawk

quote:
wii doesnt seem to be generating as much crazy hype as ps3 does

Surprisingly, things seem the other way around here in NY. But it's really hard to tell...

Old Post Nov-16-2006 19:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Yan Click here to Send Yan a Private Message Add Yan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TeKnoHe@d2025
Derek Howell Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Yan
That's being very, VERY generous.

The average amount of PS3's per game store (EB/GS/TRU/BB/etc...) is about 7. Range is from 3 to 20. The average amount of Wii's per game store is about 20. Not sure about the range.

The Best Buy I'm camping at is getting 26 PS3 units.

Old Post Nov-16-2006 20:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TeKnoHe@d2025 Click here to Send TeKnoHe@d2025 a Private Message Visit TeKnoHe@d2025's homepage! Add TeKnoHe@d2025 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mezzir
BEES?

quote:
Originally posted by TeKnoHe@d2025

holy shit thats a lot
lol

also, i'm now taking bets
from the momemnt i get a wii and first enter any sort of online game, how long will it be from that moment till the first time i hear someone called a wiitard?

http://www.youtube.com/mezzir

Old Post Nov-16-2006 21:21  Niue
Click Here to See the Profile for mezzir Click here to Send mezzir a Private Message Add mezzir to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yan
fauxhawk

quote:
Originally posted by TeKnoHe@d2025

I certainly hope those numbers are precise. It'd be depressing to be the 20th person on line, assuming that there'll be 26, only to find that they actually got 15.

Good luck!

Old Post Nov-16-2006 21:30 
Turbonium
Supreme tranceaddict

I never understood this whole standing in line for a system thing for people over the age of 15.

Old Post Nov-17-2006 03:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Turbonium Click here to Send Turbonium a Private Message Add Turbonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yan
fauxhawk

quote:
Originally posted by Turbonium
I never understood this whole standing in line for a system thing for people over the age of 15.

The average age of the gamer, nowadays, is 23.

Surprised?

Old Post Nov-17-2006 03:46 
mezzir
BEES?

quote:
Originally posted by Yan
The average age of the gamer, nowadays, is 23.

Surprised?

not really
most games these days seem to be geared towards the like 18-25 age group, and unlike for like the NES in the old days, there now are games specifically for the younger crowd

Old Post Nov-17-2006 04:28  Niue
Click Here to See the Profile for mezzir Click here to Send mezzir a Private Message Add mezzir to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spam
OMG Hai2U!

PS3 has more hype than the Wii? When did this happen? I haven't seen a poll yet where people wanting a Wii don't outnumber people wanting a PS3 by at least 2-1.

As for availability... Keep in mind that the total number of PS3 systems that will be available in North America on launch-day is 400,000 (that means Canada and USA split 400,000 units). So while your local store may be telling you they'll have 26... more likely, they'll have 8. Any store with more than 10 units is incredibly lucky. And don't hold your breath on getting it around Christmas either, the PS3 production rate is very slow because of what it takes to produce the Blu-Ray technology. We'll be lucky to see a million PS3s in North America by New Years. Then again, at 650 bucks a pop... maybe there won't be as much demand as we think there will be.

Wii will be comparatively easy to get. Production is rolling along at a strong pace, and it looks like Nintendo's poised for a strong come-back in the industry with yet another controller innovation (They did, after all, INVENT the control pad, as well as create the first controller with analog control).

Bullshit.
Those forces combine to create a soaking, boiling mudstorm on Valentine's Day.

Old Post Nov-17-2006 18:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spam Click here to Send Spam a Private Message Add Spam to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
_Nut_
North x NorthWest

Re: The Wii

quote:
Originally posted by mezzir

i bought a fucking gamecube almost 3 years back on hopes that the new zelda game would come out soon,

I am the same way! Ill get a wii sometime here in the near future. Ill be looking forward to a review and pictures when you get it!!

Old Post Nov-18-2006 16:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for _Nut_ Click here to Send _Nut_ a Private Message Add _Nut_ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mezzir
BEES?

w00t

Old Post Nov-19-2006 14:42  Niue

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Gaming Forum > The Wii
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback||||| Another Track 2 Id ||||| [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBrother Brown ft Frankee - Star Catching Girl [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread