Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA > Chicago Visitors Guide
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jonze
Unicorn Farts

quote:
Originally posted by factory81
Need some place to eat and drink before Vision opens up.....

We stayed a block or two away from Vision and we parked at 9'ish and left at just after 5 A.M, and it was $28. I am not sure if there are more reasonably priced garages or not down there.

I have no clue where the smartbar is either.

smartbar is in the wrigleyville neighborhood. it's at 3730 N Clark.

You can try ESPN Zone @ 43 E. Ohio. you can have some food and drinks while you catch a game.

Rock Bottom Brewery and Restaurant @ 1 W Grand - Website

Old Post Dec-20-2007 20:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for jonze Click here to Send jonze a Private Message Add jonze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lücid
electric girl

quote:
Originally posted by jonze234
no, i don't think there are any landmarks for house music. somehow i don't think the city will be putting up a frankie knuckles statue anytime soon. as for music stores, you can check out gramaphone @ 2843 N. Clark

there's been lots of talk lately about a bronze Fonz statue going up in downtown Milwaukee.

Old Post Dec-20-2007 22:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for lücid Click here to Send lücid a Private Message Add lücid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonze
Unicorn Farts

quote:
Originally posted by lücid
there's been lots of talk lately about a bronze Fonz statue going up in downtown Milwaukee.

that's awesome. they should have a string and when you pull it he says all his catch phrases.

any news on waukesha putting one up for Fozzy Bear? he did put it on the map.

Old Post Dec-21-2007 00:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for jonze Click here to Send jonze a Private Message Add jonze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
factory81
Supreme tranceaddict

I think we are going to eat at Gino's East before Markus Schulz as it is like a block or two away from Vision. Anyone ever had their pizza?

Or can you guys think of anything else that would be better food wise?

We just want to find a parking garage spot and walk since I do not fair well in downtown Chicago traffic. Never in my life have I rode in a cab, so maybe I could hop in a cab and go to a better spot to dine at.

Old Post Dec-29-2007 19:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for factory81 Click here to Send factory81 a Private Message Add factory81 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonze
Unicorn Farts

quote:
I think we are going to eat at Gino's East before Markus Schulz as it is like a block or two away from Vision. Anyone ever had their pizza?

Or can you guys think of anything else that would be better food wise?

We just want to find a parking garage spot and walk since I do not fair well in downtown Chicago traffic. Never in my life have I rode in a cab, so maybe I could hop in a cab and go to a better spot to dine at.

if you want deep dish pizza that's a pretty good place to go. although i hope you don't plan on dancing afterwards because that stuff will sit in your stomach like a bowling ball.

Old Post Dec-29-2007 22:57 
factory81
Supreme tranceaddict

Haha, well you are right about that.

I don't eat much before I go out on a night like this, but I am such a junk food eater I don't have that many light dinner ideas.

We we're thinking of getting in Chicago maybe around 6-7 PM giving us more time to maybe walk around and look at things before the show, or even taking a nap in the car before the show. Are there any drink specials and such downtown on a Saturday?

Last edited by factory81 on Dec-29-2007 at 23:32

Old Post Dec-29-2007 23:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for factory81 Click here to Send factory81 a Private Message Add factory81 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
factory81
Supreme tranceaddict

Gino's east on Superior was okay. It was Chicago deep dish pizza. It wasn't really our cup of tea, but now we can say we tried it.

Sooo we need a new place to go grab food before shows now.

Are there any good strip clubs with buffets? Just kidding

Old Post Jan-22-2008 17:40  United States
jonze
Unicorn Farts

quote:
Gino's east on Superior was okay. It was Chicago deep dish pizza. It wasn't really our cup of tea, but now we can say we tried it.

Sooo we need a new place to go grab food before shows now.

Are there any good strip clubs with buffets? Just kidding

i warned you about eating that before going out. it's not a good combo.

i have a feeling if you went to strip club and asked for the 'all you can eat special' you would get tossed.

Old Post Jan-23-2008 15:55 
factory81
Supreme tranceaddict

In general my girlfriend and I thought the world famous Chicago deep dish pizza wasn't that great

It didn't sit well in the stomach either even eating just a piece.
We both agreed local places have better pizza by us.

Old Post Jan-23-2008 21:25  United States
jonze
Unicorn Farts

i remember one time we went to Ed Debevic's before going to sound-bar. the cool thing was that they let me keep my car in their parking lot for the night and it was only $10.

Old Post Jan-24-2008 20:50 
lücid
electric girl

we went out for sushi at a place called Republic before the Jody show last week.

best pre-club meal i've had in a long time.

Old Post Jan-24-2008 21:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for lücid Click here to Send lücid a Private Message Add lücid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
m. sylvia
uncomfortably numb

quote:
Originally posted by lücid
we went out for sushi at a place called Republic before the Jody show last week.

best pre-club meal i've had in a long time.

i never heard of that place. where is it?

nordjs.com
sound-bar.com

Old Post Jan-24-2008 23:15  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for m. sylvia Click here to Send m. sylvia a Private Message Add m. sylvia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA > Chicago Visitors Guide
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from DJ Jean VideoClip (id-t) [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrisco - Ultra [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread