Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 327: It's Hotter Than Four Hells
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Friday 327: It's Hotter Than Four Hells

Yard work and car work for me this past weekend. First time I've hand waxed a car in a decade, probably, lol. August is halfway done. Bring on the autumn weather!

IMG-3753-Copy

Old Post Aug-16-2021 11:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Our heat wave was the first week of this month, the week I had off. Easily my best week off in some years. Enjoyed the weather to the fullest and needed all of last week to recover!

Zoso, did you take in the Perseids on Weds night?? I had a couple friends over and we did our yearly adventure to the local (defunct) airport to enjoy some blazers. I hung out with the wrong people last year and missed it, did not make that mistake again!

Old Post Aug-16-2021 13:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Our heat wave was the first week of this month, the week I had off. Easily my best week off in some years. Enjoyed the weather to the fullest and needed all of last week to recover!

Zoso, did you take in the Perseids on Weds night?? I had a couple friends over and we did our yearly adventure to the local (defunct) airport to enjoy some blazers. I hung out with the wrong people last year and missed it, did not make that mistake again!

SOB, I did not. I even listened to a reminder about it on NPR last week. I hang my head in shame. *ding ding* Shame! Shame! Shame!

Old Post Aug-16-2021 14:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Wow, ya blew it!

Old Post Aug-16-2021 17:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Wow, ya blew it!

Daily for over 44 years. TA still lets me log into my account, though, so there's that.

Old Post Aug-16-2021 18:27  United States
ziptnf
Programming your future

I won an Olympic triathlon this weekend and competed in the age group national championship the previous weekend.

Photos below:

USAT Nationals gallery:
https://imgur.com/a/1DVq3Vh

Derby City Trifecta gallery:
https://imgur.com/a/jHeTN3t

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Aug-16-2021 22:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Congrats dude! Quite the achievement! You must feel so proud!

Old Post Aug-17-2021 16:41 
ziptnf
Programming your future

Thanks Jenny! Yeah it was awesome, I won wire to wire. I put over 4 minutes of a lead on the swim, and extended my lead slightly on the bike as well. Then I fended a few of them off on the run, some of those dudes are blazing fast on foot. At Nationals I was 2nd in my age group in the swim, and 37th in the overall age group. My run was much worse at Nationals, I don't think I handled my nutrition or energy expenditure correctly. But both events were still a lot of fun! Now I'm doubling the distance for a half ironman in October.

Old Post Aug-17-2021 17:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Very cool. So would you say, of the three segments, swimming is your strength? I noticed your lead there in the final standings, that is significant yeah?

Old Post Aug-17-2021 17:11 
ziptnf
Programming your future

Yeah, swimming is my best leg by a country mile. I'm very frequently in the front of these races on the swim. It's interesting because most adults can become faster runners and cyclists by sheer volume of training. Not so with swimming. For some reason it's much more difficult to teach an adult the proper technique than it is to teach it to a child. The technique was instilled upon me at a young age and I trained at a competitive level from ages 6-18. By the time I was in high school I was top 8 in the state in the distance freestyle events. Having that base ability established and mastered a long time ago gives me a massive leg up on my competitors because on average most triathletes aren't excellent swimmers, and have to learn later in life. I'm frequently giving lessons to fellow triathletes who want to get better at swimming, and it's pretty amazing the things that seem natural to me are very unnatural to an inexperienced swimmer.

Old Post Aug-17-2021 17:49 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

I miss running and lifting, terribly bad. Chronic, debilitating is a bitch.

Old Post Aug-17-2021 17:53  United States
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I miss running and lifting, terribly bad.

said no one ever?!

Old Post Aug-17-2021 22:11  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 327: It's Hotter Than Four Hells
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFritz sample [2004] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSide - "Exside" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread