Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
imagine being 16 and your whole life is out there for everyone to see all the stupid things you did as a kid shitting yourself, vomiting and crapping all over while your idiotic parents believes its cute.

lol, most stupid things happen after they turn 16, and you can't even control it. I never saw someone post any picture which fits your description. Most pictures come from proud parents and many people enjoy them especially friends and family who don't live nearby.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Oct-10-2018 10:12  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

But you can just as easily share pics and updates via email, no? Or mass pm via FB messenger? Why do photos and updates need to be public/plastered on one's Timeline or Instagram for all to see? Seems many people use their kids' accomplishments as another means of validating their own selves. (Not implying you guys do this, but it's clear that many people do).

Unless of course, these things are only made viewable to close friends and family, then yeah I suppose that makes sense. But imo, email is a better way to keep things private.

I dunno, the more I think about it the less I understand why nobody gives a second thought to putting their kids' lives on display. Like as if we are obligated to or something. The people who matter no where/how to get updates.

Old Post Oct-10-2018 11:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

You can, I mostly use Whatsapp to send pictures of my kids to my parents and sister, but those are more and different pictures than what I share on FB. I never post pictures on my kids birthday's, something which others do annually. It's more like sometimes a picture when my son is siting on a lawnmower or tractor, or a holiday picture. Nothing I would regret later or to be ashamed of.

I also don't have a huge amount of FB friends, 230 or something and most are family or people from work. Some TA's or music related, like Wiener who also shares pictures of her son and daughter now and then. If she didn't I wouldn't have known her kids are of similar age as mine. Some uncles and aunts like to see pictures of my kids as they don't see them often, but they also won't ask to send pictures of them, so FB is fine for that with a couple of pictures per year. I don't even have Twitter or Instagram, no need to have it all.
The last picture I put on FB with my kids on it was on holiday in April.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Oct-10-2018 20:52  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Just want to clarify I don't think the issue is about embarrassing pics and whatnot. It's about the child's privacy and autonomy.

Old Post Oct-10-2018 21:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

not to take this issue away from children, but i don't understand why people feel the need to post their private life and pictures to people in the first place

Old Post Oct-10-2018 22:00  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

It's true, you're right about that. I have also significantly cut down the amount of my own pics and life events on FB, along with severely culling my friends list. It's seriously mostly cat pics and tunes I like. Lol.

I think it's obviously appealing to people, again, because of the validation aspect. I believe it all started out innocently enough, but now it's just this whole other, out of control, cultural and social animal.

Old Post Oct-10-2018 22:10 
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

lol we were probably born in the wrong century, fuck i wish i was born like 5000 BC where dog people weren't extinct yet

Old Post Oct-11-2018 01:51  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

ok so what are some costume ideas for Halloween? Am most likely dressing her up as little groot!

Old Post Oct-11-2018 04:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
ok so what are some costume ideas for Halloween? Am most likely dressing her up as little groot!

That doesn't make sense, you do know the origin of groot?
You first need to ask if she wants to

A German cousin of my wife had a baby girl last week. I saw on FB that the hospital posted pictures, name, place, names parents, weight, length of all babies that were born in the hospital in that week on it's FB page.

Old Post Oct-11-2018 10:45  Netherlands
Silky Johnson

My husband really wants to do Ogami Itto and Daigoro (Lone Wolf and Cub) from Shogun Assassin. Lol.

Old Post Oct-11-2018 11:17 
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
That doesn't make sense, you do know the origin of groot?
You first need to ask if she wants to

It's the mega ultra prequel costume! And if she grabs the costume and shakes it...it's going on!

Old Post Oct-11-2018 12:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
My husband really wants to do Ogami Itto and Daigoro (Lone Wolf and Cub) from Shogun Assassin. Lol.

I had to google that...will that involve a new baby hair cut

Old Post Oct-11-2018 12:44  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPLZ Help ID this sweeeet track.. [2005] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Tom Stevens vs Fridge - Outface 2000 (DJ Tom Stevens remix) [2009]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread