Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Will TranceAddict outlive Twitter?
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Demoted
hi!

If swamper were to ever die, unto whom has the TA estate been bequeathed?

Old Post May-09-2023 17:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Demoted Click here to Send Demoted a Private Message Add Demoted to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
Who would tolerate me if not Swamper?

Old Post May-09-2023 17:29  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
If swamper were to ever die, unto whom has the TA estate been bequeathed?

I'll download my consciousness into taGPT to keep the lights on after I'm gone

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post May-11-2023 16:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

The only GPT with molson muscle and a taste for Kai Tracid sets?

Old Post May-14-2023 15:53  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
emc^2
FCK MNML

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
And I suppose the people are more or less equally degenerate still.

Been here since I think...1997? Can confirm...

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

--Steve Jobs (1955 - 2011)

Old Post May-15-2023 00:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for emc^2 Click here to Send emc^2 a Private Message Add emc^2 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
emc^2
FCK MNML

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
I'll download my consciousness into taGPT to keep the lights on after I'm gone

Grandpa Swamper can't die, but if you do, can you unban all my alts... And fix the search engine?

Maybe make tranceGPT that can do impressions of Bas or that dude (can't remember his name) that TA COR crowd-funded his first TRANS sex experience? Oh the irony... "TRANCE FOR TRANS" campaign needs to live on. Viva la TRANS! Viva la TRANCE!

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

--Steve Jobs (1955 - 2011)

Old Post May-15-2023 00:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for emc^2 Click here to Send emc^2 a Private Message Add emc^2 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Shall we add Reddit to this quandary?

I mean, if Reddit does go tits up from its recent nonsense, I could see web forums making a minor comeback.

(~)

Old Post Jun-12-2023 23:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

I don't know what to click on with reddit down...I don't use it but discord might be the next thing to move to.

Old Post Jun-13-2023 09:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
I don't know what to click on with reddit down...I don't use it but discord might be the next thing to move to.

Tbh I really miss the old Google Homepage, where it was just a collection of your favorite RSS feeds so you could stay updated directly with the websites you wanted to follow. Reddit was great in basically allowing other people to curate that feed for you, with the categories you follow thrown in a pool and sorted by algorithm.

The Reddit API should certainly cost money and any apps using it should pay their proportional amount per usage. However, Reddit's prices are insane and are clearly designed to destroy 3rd party apps. Like, I get it. Reddit is free, and isn't really profitable outside of ads. There aren't any alternate Facebook apps. So it makes sense that they would want to force users to use the app that shows ads. They are going about this wrong, they need to just reduce the prices a little bit and call it a win. Holding out for the end of the blackout and assuming that most users won't care might wind up in the death of the website. I'm personally trying to use Reddit less, but it has swallowed up so much of my browsing habits that I'm having a tough time replacing it.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jun-13-2023 14:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Demoted
hi!

Just browse TA. I find all I need right here.

Old Post Jun-13-2023 22:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Demoted Click here to Send Demoted a Private Message Add Demoted to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

it is the best source for Dubolocaust news.

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Tbh I really miss the old Google Homepage, where it was just a collection of your favorite RSS feeds so you could stay updated directly with the websites you wanted to follow. Reddit was great in basically allowing other people to curate that feed for you, with the categories you follow thrown in a pool and sorted by algorithm.

The Reddit API should certainly cost money and any apps using it should pay their proportional amount per usage. However, Reddit's prices are insane and are clearly designed to destroy 3rd party apps. Like, I get it. Reddit is free, and isn't really profitable outside of ads. There aren't any alternate Facebook apps. So it makes sense that they would want to force users to use the app that shows ads. They are going about this wrong, they need to just reduce the prices a little bit and call it a win. Holding out for the end of the blackout and assuming that most users won't care might wind up in the death of the website. I'm personally trying to use Reddit less, but it has swallowed up so much of my browsing habits that I'm having a tough time replacing it.

Agreed, I could tell by that cheap AMA from Spez that he is a tool. Seems to hold grudges which is wild for a business. I may do the same, do less and less reddit, just replace it with something else...maybe ride a bike!

Old Post Jun-14-2023 09:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Agreed, I could tell by that cheap AMA from Spez that he is a tool. Seems to hold grudges which is wild for a business. I may do the same, do less and less reddit, just replace it with something else...maybe ride a bike!

For a site that size it is really CRAZY to me how they are ignoring what so many moderators (+ users) are upset about! Slap in the face to ppl who dedicate so much time to the growth of what its become. I was a big time digg.com user and gradually, years later, ended up on Reddit (mostly browsing).

It's a great site for discussion on certain topics but it has its faults - you are mostly lost in the noise if you get to a thread more than 24 hours later and post a new reply -- unless you piggy back off a popular comment and your post gets noticed that way. Also easily becomes an echo chamber when you're downvoted by loyalists or banned by power hungry mods.

Also, old.reddit.com all the way, lol

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jun-14-2023 18:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Will TranceAddict outlive Twitter?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDesyn Masiello: minimal tech tune [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKuffdam & Plant - "Summer Dream" (Paul van Dyk Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread