Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Well no, they don't work that way, but in terms of lowering the probability of a person passing the virus on by sneezing in public or by mouth-breathing their way through a super-market, I wouldn't say they have no effect. And obviously we should prioritize health-care workers getting all needed PPE before the rabble.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 17:04  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Lol, true enough. That whole lowest common denominator thing again, I agree.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 17:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

How else would you describe regular folks without medical knowledge and expertise using one word? Calm down, stupid. Lol.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 18:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
How else would you describe regular folks without medical knowledge and expertise using one word? Calm down, stupid. Lol.

I tell you what you do NOT want to be, under any circumstances: a stupid layperson. HOLY SHIT, talk about disadvantaged!

Old Post Apr-02-2020 18:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
What the fuck is laypeople? Sound fucking judgemental and stigmatic. Is that how you nurses look at us common stupid folks? Them fucking laypeople did it again and got themselves infected with some stupid shit.

Oxford English Dictionary definition of Layman:

quote:
A man who is an Ďoutsiderí or a non-expert in relation to some particular profession, art, or branch of knowledge (esp. with reference to law and medicine).

Calm down.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 18:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

He's just mad cause he knows he's gonna die first.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 18:43 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
What the fuck is laypeople? Sound fucking judgemental and stigmatic. Is that how you nurses look at us common stupid folks? Them fucking laypeople did it again and got themselves infected with some stupid shit.

You are pretty fucking stupid, to be fair. When they design patronising public advisory campaigns, they have you in mind.

> Crazy Beautiful
> Beating The Lockdown Blues [Peak Time]
> A Different World [Downtempo Beats]

Old Post Apr-02-2020 18:47  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
I'm chalking that up to "most people are morons" messaging. Give people an inch and they take a mile. Same with the fear mongering type messaging. My guess is it that it's simply more effective at making people follow directions.

This. You don't have to look around very far to see the sheer amount of morons spewing false information and/or spreading conspiracy theories that are 5+ levels deep.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Apr-02-2020 20:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

I was foolish to waste energy trying to give a more logical explanation first, lol.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 20:36 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
He's just mad cause he knows he's gonna die first.

I mean, yeah, he probably will get himself infected with some stupid shit.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 23:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Jesus Christ dude.

Old Post Apr-03-2020 00:59 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Iím no fucking layfolk. Itís almost racist.

Yes, saying that you are not an expert when it comes to medicine is definitely similar to suggesting certain ethnic groups are inherently superior to others.

quote:
Look after 3 weeks of home office Iím loosing my mind. And I know it will last to summer at least and by that time Iíll probably loose my job, income and all dignity. Iíll be a bum by end of year, if I survive this shit but still I donít want to be labeled layfolk the common moron. Anything is better than being labeled the average uneducated misfit of a moron.

Do you have any dignity? Hard to see, from my point of view.

Again, layfolk ≠ average uneducated misfit of a moron.

Layfolk means not an expert. Can you not see the difference between those?

Old Post Apr-03-2020 02:12 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread