Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Kiva.org - Microlending Site -- Join the TranceAddict team and support those in need
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Swamper
Webmonstah

Talking Kiva.org - Microlending Site -- Join the TranceAddict team and support those in need

Hey everyone,

A few years ago I started lending $ through kiva.org -- at first I was skeptical about the whole thing but after I did my research, and now from years of being active on it, I see it as a great idea. For the record, I was only stiffed on 1 loan out of dozens so that's a good track record. I prefer 'charity' of this nature rather than donating to some cause and having 80% eaten up in 'Admin' fees.

Here's my personal profile page -- LINK

TranceAddict team -- LINK

Watch the video to get an idea of what it's about :

LINK to join -- http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/swamp3r

Thanks peeps.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Apr-02-2012 01:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I love the concept! I'm in!

By the way, can't we say we loan because "We believe in PLUR"? And say it stands for "Payments Lead Ur Revolution" or something corny like this? You know, just to make it more like TA?

Last edited by Lira on Apr-02-2012 at 03:39

Old Post Apr-02-2012 03:27  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

We spent some time discussing this in my development econ class. Some bangladeshi dude won a nobel prize for it a few years back. Great stuff

Old Post Apr-02-2012 04:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

*types kiva.org into browser*

-trollface

Old Post Apr-03-2012 01:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neo geo
Supreme tranceaddict

now lets tell the real store. Pedro's cow dies and he decides "fuck this" and crosses the border into the United States. He then gets a job being paid cash and calls home to his family and tell them all to come join him. He immediately gets his wife pregnant and then tells the government he must stay because his child in and American citizen. Then he marches down to the welfare office and gets our tax dollars to pay for his family while he is paid cash at his job and pays no taxes. Then pedro and his family complain that we are all racist when we try to deport him and his family and then hire la raza to sue our government. So sorry but Pedro can keep his coffee because we all know he is growing coca leaves and not coffee.

Old Post Aug-06-2012 00:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for neo geo Click here to Send neo geo a Private Message Visit neo geo's homepage! Add neo geo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

Joined.
What a noble, beautiful thing.

Old Post Sep-01-2012 23:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

This week I was reading about children in Nicaragua. Really inspired me to give back.
I wonder if there is a way I can help anonymously, via bitcoin or something.

Ubuntu, My Fellow Pleiadians, Ubuntu!

Old Post Jul-20-2013 14:38  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MikeRotunda
Junior tranceaddict

well arent you just modest marvin fyi that kind of donation isnt tax deductible

Old Post Jul-20-2013 17:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MikeRotunda Click here to Send MikeRotunda a Private Message Add MikeRotunda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

ubuntu

Ubuntu, My Fellow Pleiadians, Ubuntu!

Old Post Jul-21-2013 01:02  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VAR
Suspended User

Old Post Dec-16-2013 14:27  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for VAR Click here to Send VAR a Private Message Visit VAR's homepage! Add VAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Judging from these figures for 2014, those of you that are Kiva members likely have $$ sitting in your account that you can either withdraw or re-lend

http://www.kiva.org/team/tranceaddict/impact

Old Post Sep-11-2014 20:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Bumping after 8 years

Team profile:

https://www.kiva.org/team/tranceaddict/impact

Old Post Nov-09-2022 23:33  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Kiva.org - Microlending Site -- Join the TranceAddict team and support those in need
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease Id, nice Trance tune! [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackP-casso - Magic Dream (Original Exit Version) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread