Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Breakbeat / Breaks thread
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by montana
I'm writing one of his versions as I believe it was actually his remix that used to be knocking about on white label, cained heavy by Oakey and was attributed to Quivver.

Sorry Uncle Montana, but I ain't buying that for one second. If you're referring to the remix that's on Another World, that's Quivver all day long. The production has his fingerprints all over it.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-21-2020 23:55  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

PQM did a bootleg remix in 1995 that was played out a lot by Junior Vasquez and that crowd and which spawned further bootlegs. I think it was intended to be released on Perfecto, but Led Zeppelin wouldn't allow it. Here it is:

He eventually released a very different but legal version in 2006.

The one Oakenfold played on Another World is indeed by Quivver. That should be obvious in the first 30 seconds. I have no idea how the rumour developed that it was also from PQM.

Old Post Dec-22-2020 13:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
montana
dub come save me

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Sorry Uncle Montana, but I ain't buying that for one second. If you're referring to the remix that's on Another World, that's Quivver all day long. The production has his fingerprints all over it.

GrimReaper was the one that told me that PQM actually did the one on Another World and the one that Oakey played. Reason I trust/trusted his words is GrimReaper barely used to come false information so I went by what he told me.

Grimreaper was a great source of it as he was a collector and very knowledgeable. Which was a big contrast to another person I also used to talk a fair bit on MSN. TTA used to talk out of his ass countless times and I can't even believe that I used to trust what he said back in the day.

Old Post Dec-22-2020 20:51  Syria
Click Here to See the Profile for montana Click here to Send montana a Private Message Visit montana's homepage! Add montana to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
GrimReaper was the one that told me that PQM actually did the one on Another World and the one that Oakey played. Reason I trust/trusted his words is GrimReaper barely used to come false information so I went by what he told me.

Grimreaper was a great source of it as he was a collector and very knowledgeable. Which was a big contrast to another person I also used to talk a fair bit on MSN. TTA used to talk out of his ass countless times and I can't even believe that I used to trust what he said back in the day.

I don't think anyone would doubt that Jyri knows/knew what he was talking about, but it's pretty clear in this case that he made a mistake if he attributed the Another World remix to PQM rather than Quivver.

Just listen to the first 30 seconds vs the first 30 seconds of any other Quivver or PQM track of the same era. It's pretty clear its Quivver. It screams Quivver. Not to mention how different it is to PQM's self-admitted remix several years prior.

Old Post Dec-22-2020 21:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Apologies for momentarily transforming this into the Babe I'm Gonna Leave You thread, but I've only got one more thing to say on this.

quote:

Yeah I remember GrimReaper well, and he knew his stuff. He was wrong about this one though. As Lews says, you only have to compare that mix to any Quivver production from that era to know it's him. He had an extremely distinctive production style in the mid-90s that's all over that remix.

Par exemple:

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-22-2020 22:21  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

Anyone knows the track at 1 hour 40 min into the mix? It's Matthias Zimmermann mixing.

A really good trancey vibe. I have no way to identify it. It reminds me a bit of some of PQMs early stuff.

https://www.mixesdb.com/w/2017-03-0...ann_-_NTS_Radio

Old Post Feb-03-2021 12:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Last edited by AlphaStarred on Feb-26-2021 at 03:08

Old Post Feb-15-2021 00:14  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Old Post May-07-2021 10:07  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Acid breaks:

Old Post May-07-2021 16:20  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Energetic stuff here by Alexander Church and James Welsh:

Old Post May-11-2021 15:46  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Old Post Jul-24-2021 00:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Sep-19-2021 22:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Breakbeat / Breaks thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback----> 1998 1998 1998 1998 1998 1998 1998 1998 1998 1998 [2004] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPendulum - "Blood Sugar" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread