Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Versatile tracks that work in different kind of sets?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

Versatile tracks that work in different kind of sets?

What are some versatile tracks that doesn't have to be pidgeonholed to one genre in a set?

Last edited by Mattsanity on Jun-25-2021 at 20:39

Old Post Jun-25-2021 02:58  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

1st tune that comes to mind.....

Old Post Jun-25-2021 12:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

Damn that Pryda track is a beast...

Last edited by Mattsanity on Jun-27-2021 at 01:19

Old Post Jun-27-2021 00:55  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

I remember hearing Aftermath multiple times live in the clubs down here in Miami in 2007ish or so. Pretty out of body experience hearing it on a club system. Gives me the chills thinking about it!

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Jun-27-2021 02:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Jun-27-2021 04:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

OP says versatile and not 'pigeonholed' but an eric prydz song the opposite of what the thread was about.

who plays eric prydz songs : eric prydz, once in a while john digweed
what genre do they play : prog

Old Post Jun-27-2021 05:01  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
OP says versatile and not 'pigeonholed' but an eric prydz song the opposite of what the thread was about.

You're in a savage mood today.

This one immediately springs to mind. Still hear it get played out regularly by all kinds of DJs, 25 years after it was released:

Lil Mo Yin Yang - Reach

And for something more recent, I think Bicep do a great job of making club tunes which fit into all kinds of different sets. Make sure your sub is switched on:

Isaac Tichauer - Higher Level (Bicep Remix)

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-27-2021 10:54  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer

I think Eric Prydz deserves a separate thread alltogether. Even though I almost agree with your statement, I think that Aftermath still fits with the description of this thread.

I would add a few tracks from the Peak-Holden ERA (2003 - 2005). You know, when he had kind of ditched his prog trance roots (although I very much like these tunes as well), and hadn't yet fallen into modular-live-taking-himself-way-too-seriously rabbithole where hes been for more than a decade now.

James Holden - A Break In the Clouds
Andre Kraml - Safari (Holden Remix)
Nathan Fake - A Sky was pink (Holden Remix)

Especially 'Break in the clouds'. It's amazin how well this tune has aged.

Youtube links are not required. These tunes should start playing in your mind once you read the titles.

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post Jun-27-2021 12:26  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
You're in a savage mood today.

This one immediately springs to mind. Still hear it get played out regularly by all kinds of DJs, 25 years after it was released:

Lil Mo Yin Yang - Reach

strictly rhythm is the greatest dance label imo

Old Post Jun-27-2021 21:17  South Korea
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

@ system-j. lil mo yin yang - reach = top tune. when covid is over do you think it will still get rinsed (erick morillo da rape gawd)? i feel guilty even thinking about playing it but literally it's a perfect track

Old Post Jun-28-2021 01:56  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

It'll get played less, definitely, but I doubt many average punters know Morillo had any involvement. I'll certainly still play it - it's one of those timeless club classics I keep on the stick that can still be played really easily with modern tunes. Other examples would be Slam - Positive Education, Gat Decor - Passion and Laurent Garnier - Crispy Bacon, all of which probably fit this thread.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-28-2021 09:03  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mainline
tranceaddict

Der Dritte Raum - Hale Bopp

Old Post Jun-28-2021 11:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Mainline Click here to Send Mainline a Private Message Add Mainline to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Versatile tracks that work in different kind of sets?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackI.D Help with this vocal tune [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBrainbug - Rain (Cascade Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread