Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
djshire
Supreme tranceaddict

"How to tell a forum is full of old people"

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
Rave to the grave.
quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid

djshire, you're a cool nigga.
quote:
Originally posted by Taipan
Agreed. You da man!

Old Post Feb-14-2018 01:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djshire Click here to Send djshire a Private Message Add djshire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Coolest bunch of old fucks ever!

Old Post Feb-14-2018 01:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Nah, we’ll really know we’re old when the first arthritis threads start popping up.

Old Post Feb-14-2018 04:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Nah, we’ll really know we’re old when the first arthritis threads start popping up.

If I inherited any disposition for that from either my maternal or paternal grandmother, it won't be too long of a wait...

Old Post Feb-14-2018 10:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:

The Colonoscopy Thread!

Old Post Feb-14-2018 11:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

I think that already happened. Doesn't Redd or someone like that have OA?

Old Post Feb-14-2018 19:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Wuddup ya'll. Usually a lurker around here but I like this thread. I have a daughter who's about to turn 2 in April. Love her with all my heart. I guess my toughest thing as a new parent is trying to "not" compare her to other kids. I get caught up in thinking "why isn't able to say sentences like so-and-so's daughter?". Or "my daughter is walking at earlier age compared to what-his-name's kid". I have to remind myself (and my wife) that all kids are develop differently.

The big issue right now is that she's almost 2 but is not formulating sentences. Or screeeaaammmssss when she wants something. Everyone tells us that she'll talk when she wants to talk but as parent, I'm always just a little worried. Like we're doing something wrong.

Old Post Feb-16-2018 21:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
The big issue right now is that she's almost 2 but is not formulating sentences.

Linguist here. Child development is not my forte but, as far as I remember, she should be able to understand sentences, but it's okay not to formulate them just yet. Joining two words is the most I'd expect before her second birthday, I guess.

Also, you can't be doing anything wrong. Although we tend to think we "teach" kids how to speak, that's a very "Western middle-class" way of dealing with speech. I remember reading that not all cultures bother with toddlers because they can't really talk back, but it's just a matter of time when the kids pick it up

(Also, feel free to post more often! Don't just lurk in the shadows )

Old Post Feb-16-2018 22:20  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Hey cool, thanks for that insight Lira. I know what the milestones are but I don't worry too much about them. It's such a waste of energy; kids develop at their own pace in their own way, but they get where they need to be.

I just want our kid to learn to be comfortable and confident, so I'm more focused on making sure she develops a healthy, secure attachment. It's so exciting watching a human grow and become who they are, I want her to feel free to be whoever that is.

Old Post Feb-17-2018 01:45 
ziptnf
Programming your future

I'm sure this isn't something unusual that new dads face, but how do/did you guys handle the night/moment when you realized the weight of your newfound responsibility? It's a somewhat abrupt shift, a lifetime of only really looking after yourself, the honeymoon from caring for a newborn, to the sudden onset of the depth and breadth of Parenthood? My mind has been like a runaway train, thinking about how life is so time limited and raising your kids to be productive adults - a time honored tradition of life and humanity for our entire existence. It's still early for me too but I wonder how to handle this mini existential crisis. Do you guys face this every now and then?

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Feb-17-2018 03:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Lol, dude. Try feeling that while all buggered up by hormones. The first time I had the realization that this change was permanent, that I couldn't just roll over in bed and hit snooze in the morning or take off by myself for a few days, I was fucking TERRIFIED.

Just know that it gets easier. You WILL adjust and find your groove. Honestly, I struggled to enjoy the first two or three months. Things really did get so much better after the "fourth trimester." From around 3/4 months onward it's just been more awesome every day.

Truly, the best way to cope is to just try to take in and enjoy each present moment, and don't get too far ahead of yourself. Cause yeah, it's overwhelming.

Be glad you don't have to breastfeed!!

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Feb-17-2018 at 14:17

Old Post Feb-17-2018 12:01 
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
It's still early for me too but I wonder how to handle this mini existential crisis. Do you guys face this every now and then?

Yes and I handle it step by step with ups and downs.
Especially in the beginning it's normal to worry a lot. Babies cry and some cry a lot and then it's easy to get worried. I remember our daughter cried more than our son, but it also could be that I just didn't worry too much with him as I knew they have periods of more crying (growing teeth, growing pains etc.) Most of the time no reasons to get worried. So indeed, it will get easier.

My eleven year old daughter is in her last year of primary school. In September she will have to ride to another town on her bike. A new chapter will begin. Time really flies.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Feb-17-2018 16:02  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid 2nd [2007] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThe Spacelovers - Space Lover (Stan Courtois Club Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread