Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Review: Labour of Love 2010
Pages (13): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by Knox
I wasn't at the Pepsi forum so I can't compare... but so much of what you said I agree with (except that he finished at 7am...not 8). Much better the April '08 and September '08 (which I recall dancing non-stop to that night as well!) I opened my mouth and tried to compare to his WMC set in 09 at Vagabond, but I quickly bit my tounge because that is like comparing apples to oranges.

As for the good ol' days of Labour of Loves... I did feel that intense wild vibe again last weekend, it's been a while. Great people to share that with too.

my first review was quite quick so ill elaborate a bit more. digweed @ lol this past weekend was incredible. my night overall was incredible and lots of fun. johns set started off slow im thinking because he wanted to tell his own story not continue anyone else. so yes it might have been slow for a short period of time but he quickly picked it up and was going strong from the 2nd hr till the end. i have two video (i kill myself for not taking more each time a great event happens). somehow i just seem to forget i carry a camera around the whole time who knows.

but his set had great builds ups that quickly transition to another track following soon after. i started to notice this in his 05.29.10 essential mix and his newly released structures cd. it keeps the momentum of the track and the mix quickly transitions nicely after. a perfect example is on cd 2 from Mutant Clan - Persuader in Cristian Verela - Etiam. Probably the best and most listened to mix on my player.

but comparing this digweed set to others has no meaning. they are all different in their own ways. johns spring set in 08 that was supposed to be with sasha had somewhat of a set playlist because they were on tour. i listened to a few other sets from that spring tour and there were several similar tracks played at each venue. keep in mind they had a whole vision for that tour. a smaller intimate venue in which they could pound it out. i notice that when djs/artists travel the playlist usually dont vary much.

as for sasha and digweed in montreal.... that is a story left to mention on its own. in short, they played inside the pepsi forum which is now a mall. on the floor they have the montreal canadiens logo in which the habs you used to play hockey there! so we're partying on holy ground hahaha. i have pictures and im sure there are some on the net. i found some of the set up pictures as well. incredible.

they covered all the stores in drapes so you couldnt see anything and you partied in the big empty space covering 3 floors. they built a stage and an incredible lighting system for the two along with sander k closing it out @ 8am. keep in mind they had to open the mall @ 10am so they had to get all the sketchbags out of there and clean up (what they could) so the mall could operate. speaking of sketchbags.... when i got there at like 2am there was no alcohol! all they sold were powerade+ water. everyone was fucked up! it was amazing! quite the sight to see and experience. there were so many people at that party and the amount of hot girls there blew my mind! another reason why that was the absolute hands down party of my career is because the day after was my birthday. i had all my closest friends with me packed into a car, drove there, stayed in a hotel and drove back all cranky and shit. so really this party is something i cant really compare anything too.

Old Post Sep-11-2010 00:03  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nsane
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
[i][b]
but his set had great builds ups that quickly transition to another track following soon after. i started to notice this in his 05.29.10 essential mix and his newly released structures cd.

It def. adds more umph to the set

Old Post Sep-11-2010 00:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for nsane Click here to Send nsane a Private Message Add nsane to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
v-vaughn
Euphonic Addict

Lacking on the reviews recently seriously, and I didn't get a chance to read through this whole thread so I may repeat a couple of things. But in a nutshell, what an excellent way to end the summer!! (even though for me it's not over until at least after the cottage next weekend!). The most anticipated act of the night for me was definitely Above & Beyond in the KH...finally they are placed in a room that's the appropriate size for them in Toronto! It's about time this happened and I was sooo excited for major hands in the air the whole set...and was pretty disapointed. They played the weakest set in the KH by far. Towards the second half of their set they did pick it up quite a bit and started playing realllly good (I won't get sick of On A Good Day even though it's overplayed!!), but because the start of their set was so weak, I wasn't into it anywhere near as much as I could have been. Really A&B, was playing electro-ey tracks in the beginning really necessary? There was enough of that drivel in the main room. Definitely the worst out of the 3 times I've seen them, this set doesn't even TOUCH their set this year In Buffalo!
Sooo Markus comes on, YESSSSS!!! I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he will never disappoint me ever in my life. Dark proggy trance, even though it was a GDJ broadcast (I was worried it would be more mainstream). The only beef I have about this set was that it was too short! We've been spoiled rotten with those 6 hour sets pretty much everytime Markus is in town (and he closes too, bonussss). Absolutely amazinggggg time dancing up a storm to Markus, as always!
As soon as Markus finishes, I run over to the Drink for the rest of Jayforce's set, YES!!! Excellent little break from the KH. I love partying in the Drink when there's EDM playing, I wish we had more opportunities!
Now I'm heading back to the KH wondering if I'm going to be bored to shit again by Digweed. I highly disliked him in Sept 2008, and he in general for awhile was always my least favourite dj b/c I always found him SO boring.
But I can say with utmost pleasure that he absolutely ripped everyones clothes off. He played hard, DARK, chugging prog. WOW. I was so impressed, and seeing what he turned the KH into was a treat. This was probably the hilight of the night for me, not because I preferred him over Markus (I don't think that could ever be possible for me) but because he unexpectedly blew me away. Every moment of his set was so intense (minus the last couple of unfortunate tracks he finished off with). I know a lot of people on this forum love him to pieces, and now I can understand why. I promise I won't turn my nose up at him anymore!
Overall, a MADLY successful all access event. LoL 2008 still tops this one (Armin classic trance is untouchable) but wowzersssssss what a great time, with such a great group too!! <3 Damn I love huge Guv parties!

Old Post Sep-12-2010 22:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for v-vaughn Click here to Send v-vaughn a Private Message Add v-vaughn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pett
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by v-vaughn

But I can say with utmost pleasure that he absolutely ripped everyones clothes off. He played hard, DARK, chugging prog. WOW. I was so impressed, and seeing what he turned the KH into was a treat. This was probably the hilight of the night for me, not because I preferred him over Markus (I don't think that could ever be possible for me) but because he unexpectedly blew me away. Every moment of his set was so intense

muhahhahah

welcome to the dark side

Old Post Sep-12-2010 22:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pett Click here to Send Pett a Private Message Add Pett to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Knox
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

But I can say with utmost pleasure that he absolutely ripped everyones clothes off. He played hard, DARK, chugging prog. WOW. I was so impressed, and seeing what he turned the KH into was a treat. This was probably the hilight of the night for me, not because I preferred him over Markus (I don't think that could ever be possible for me) but because he unexpectedly blew me away. Every moment of his set was so intense (minus the last couple of unfortunate tracks he finished off with). I know a lot of people on this forum love him to pieces, and now I can understand why. I promise I won't turn my nose up at him anymore!

"Knoooooox.... I think Veronica is starting to like prog....."

<3

Old Post Sep-13-2010 00:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Add Knox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deacon_Ran
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Lacking on the reviews recently seriously, and I didn't get a chance to read through this whole thread so I may repeat a couple of things. But in a nutshell, what an excellent way to end the summer!! (even though for me it's not over until at least after the cottage next weekend!). The most anticipated act of the night for me was definitely Above & Beyond in the KH...finally they are placed in a room that's the appropriate size for them in Toronto! It's about time this happened and I was sooo excited for major hands in the air the whole set...and was pretty disapointed. They played the weakest set in the KH by far. Towards the second half of their set they did pick it up quite a bit and started playing realllly good (I won't get sick of On A Good Day even though it's overplayed!!), but because the start of their set was so weak, I wasn't into it anywhere near as much as I could have been. Really A&B, was playing electro-ey tracks in the beginning really necessary? There was enough of that drivel in the main room. Definitely the worst out of the 3 times I've seen them, this set doesn't even TOUCH their set this year In Buffalo!
Sooo Markus comes on, YESSSSS!!! I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he will never disappoint me ever in my life. Dark proggy trance, even though it was a GDJ broadcast (I was worried it would be more mainstream). The only beef I have about this set was that it was too short! We've been spoiled rotten with those 6 hour sets pretty much everytime Markus is in town (and he closes too, bonussss). Absolutely amazinggggg time dancing up a storm to Markus, as always!
As soon as Markus finishes, I run over to the Drink for the rest of Jayforce's set, YES!!! Excellent little break from the KH. I love partying in the Drink when there's EDM playing, I wish we had more opportunities!
Now I'm heading back to the KH wondering if I'm going to be bored to shit again by Digweed. I highly disliked him in Sept 2008, and he in general for awhile was always my least favourite dj b/c I always found him SO boring.
Overall, a MADLY successful all access event. LoL 2008 still tops this one (Armin classic trance is untouchable) but wowzersssssss what a great time, with such a great group too!! <3 Damn I love huge Guv parties!

A really nice review that had me reminiscing about great prog nights during 'Breathe' at System when I first discovered that sound. Cheers.

Old Post Sep-13-2010 01:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Deacon_Ran Click here to Send Deacon_Ran a Private Message Add Deacon_Ran to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kvn
tranceaddict

random Q but anyone know the last couple tracks Axwell closed with??

Old Post Sep-15-2010 02:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kvn Click here to Send kvn a Private Message Add kvn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stilez
RealTalk & Srsbidniz

none of you answered my question you bunch of homos.

What was Digweed's last song?

Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Soundcloud | MixCloud | BLOG

Old Post Sep-15-2010 03:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Stilez Click here to Send Stilez a Private Message Visit Stilez's homepage! Add Stilez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~C~
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by superluminal
Global DJ Broadcast September 9th 2010
World Tour - Toronto, Canada
Markus Schulz (Recorded Live From Koolhaus in Toronto - September 5th 2010)

I've listened to this 3 times in a row on my ipod.. lol. I REALLY LOVE IT. Way to go Markus! I probably should have caught his set at Electric Zoo. Oops!

Old Post Sep-15-2010 04:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~C~ Click here to Send ~C~ a Private Message Add ~C~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

quote:
Originally posted by ~C~
I've listened to this 3 times in a row on my ipod.. lol. I REALLY LOVE IT. Way to go Markus! I probably should have caught his set at Electric Zoo. Oops!

omg you failsauce!
download that set immediately! or we never speak again

And leave this world behind...

Old Post Sep-15-2010 04:05  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for FunkyCrew Click here to Send FunkyCrew a Private Message Add FunkyCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~C~
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew
omg you failsauce!
download that set immediately! or we never speak again

LOL ok, ok... I will. If it's better than the LOL one, then wow, he needs a fucking medal.

Old Post Sep-15-2010 04:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~C~ Click here to Send ~C~ a Private Message Add ~C~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Stilez
none of you answered my question you bunch of homos.

What was Digweed's last song?

Since you asked nicely, I think it was a remix of some new Chemical Brothers song, or at least that was the second last song.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Sep-15-2010 04:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Review: Labour of Love 2010
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (13): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown - Unknown from old Aly & Fila set [2006] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPedro Delgardo - "Jam" (Original Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread