Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Did everyone forget about Tiesto???
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
UWO Tranceaddict
Senior tranceaddict

Shame / Disagreement Did everyone forget about Tiesto???

What has happened over the last year??? It seems like no one in Toronto, including this forum, recognize Tiesto anymore. Was noone at his Wintergalactics, or his Guv shows???? I really want to know why everyone won't shut up about Armin.....ya hes been here frequently lately, and is the first Dj to actually like Toronto that much, but how many times do you want to hear him in 6 months...and who is spinning in 6 days.....Who were you all ranting and raving about as "God" only a few months ago......I still think he;s the best and im just interested why it doesnt seem like Tiesto is getting the hype he deserves, especially considering he will be here Monday, for the first time in a long while.....
Let me know what you think.......
and go to Area 2, monkeys!

Old Post Jul-31-2002 02:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for UWO Tranceaddict Click here to Send UWO Tranceaddict a Private Message Add UWO Tranceaddict to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Durafei
the crazy russian

Area 2 is gonna be a commercial event, not really a rave or club night. If he was coming to Guv or some other club, trust me, there'd be a lot of talk !

My Blog: durafei.blogspot.com - Last Update March 23, 2006

Old Post Jul-31-2002 02:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Durafei Click here to Send Durafei a Private Message Visit Durafei's homepage! Add Durafei to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bluE_Neon
Res Publica

i dunno why noone talks about Tiesto around here in toronto. most TA's praise this guy, but here its quit dead around him. i guess we get a lot of AVB lately and other sick dj's. im really surprised that noone is hyped up about Tiesto @ Area 2. all of you TA's who praise him should go

Old Post Jul-31-2002 02:37  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for bluE_Neon Click here to Send bluE_Neon a Private Message Add bluE_Neon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ MG
Smili-E-Addict

Dunno

Tiesto???? Who is that ?????

----------------------------------------
NATA

Old Post Jul-31-2002 02:47  Antigua
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ MG Click here to Send DJ MG a Private Message Add DJ MG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BTG
Ez skinz ez lyfe

quote:
Originally posted by DJ MG
Tiesto???? Who is that ?????

me.

Old Post Jul-31-2002 03:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for BTG Click here to Send BTG a Private Message Visit BTG's homepage! Add BTG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
E2EK1EL
Supreme tranceaddict

Here is my opinion, Tiesto spins 100% progressive now !!! HomeLands 2002 was the set which made me realize my Tiesto days are over. If you haven't heard this set ... download it from Kazaa and you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

Old Post Jul-31-2002 04:09  China
Click Here to See the Profile for E2EK1EL Click here to Send E2EK1EL a Private Message Add E2EK1EL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Walter Mindz
4 The Evolution Of Trance

You're hearing about Armin alot because incase you haven't noticed... AVB has came here already 3 times in the less than a year (soon to be 4) and Tiesto has came only once (soon to be twice). Plus Tiesto's sets as of recentely haven't been too great compared to Armin. I still like Tiesto, but i'm goin to Wemf this weekend and Area 2 is on Monday AFTERNOON, and doesn't seem to great of choice concidering money and the fact that Tiesto probably will be on for maybe an hour (if that), so that's why i'm not talkiing about it.
But yeah... AVB is getting more mention cause he seems to be comming to Toronto Quarterly instead of semi-annually or annually.
And while we're on Tiesto... another thing is that he's making some pretty shitty remixes this year compared to Armin, so that's why you're not hearing about Tiesto.
But still if i had more money i would go to Area regardless... the line-up is nice, the only problem with it is that it seems like it's more of a concert rather then a party.

Last edited by Walter Mindz on Aug-01-2002 at 02:04

Old Post Jul-31-2002 04:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Walter Mindz Click here to Send Walter Mindz a Private Message Add Walter Mindz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Crazy Serb
.tw1sted.motheŽ.fuŠker.

Just another pointless thread supported by comments from people who don't know shit!

Tiesto spins progressive? You gotta be kidding me... well, not even Armin spins the old school classic trance, since the times change and music evolves. Tiesto is still spinning great trance, no matter what you think. And his Homelands set is quite all right, half of those tracks were used on his ISOS3 compilation, which seems to be liked by many around here...

Tiesto is going to spin for 2 hours @ Area:2 (from 4-6pm), so if that's not good enough for you, too bad... some people would give their left arm to see him spin for 2 hours!

And yes, it is concert typ-a-thing, but what were the people saying for that Oakenfold/Chemical Brothers concert typ-a-thing a few months back? That it would be shite, no space to dance, etc., and it turned out to be a fucken event of a year (not a single event this year beat that, in my humble opinion, music/sound/visual effects/energy wise). Too bad not many TA's showed up to witness that (hey, it's a concert typ-a-thing, that's gotta suck!)

The only thing I can agree with you people is that Tiesto has been making some shitty remixes lately (Southern Sun being an exception)... but hey, nobody's perfect! Armin's songs are even worse (some of them sound sooooo 2 years ago!), so stop complaining.

Keep it real, and stay single, always mingle...

Old Post Jul-31-2002 06:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy Serb Click here to Send Crazy Serb a Private Message Visit Crazy Serb's homepage! Add Crazy Serb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ed
*addict

quote:
Originally posted by Durafei
Area 2 is gonna be a commercial event, not really a rave or club night. If he was coming to Guv or some other club, trust me, there'd be a lot of talk !

i second that.... down with the way the man wants us to party (during the day)

Old Post Jul-31-2002 13:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ed Click here to Send ed a Private Message Visit ed's homepage! Add ed to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Abbas
DoDo Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SOS2 Galvatron
Here is my opinion, Tiesto spins 100% progressive now !!! HomeLands 2002 was the set which made me realize my Tiesto days are over. If you haven't heard this set ... download it from Kazaa and you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

Progressive?!?! Have you heard his 6 hour set at Dutch Dimension!?
nothing but amazing trance!!! I would've been on cloud 999 if I was there....

Tiesto still rocks. But I still wouldn't goto Area 2!

Old Post Jul-31-2002 23:20  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Abbas Click here to Send Abbas a Private Message Add Abbas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DamnDirtyApe
BananaAddict

1. I'm not paying $50-60 to see anybody, regardless of what their name is.

2. Progressive sucks.

Old Post Aug-01-2002 01:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DamnDirtyApe Click here to Send DamnDirtyApe a Private Message Add DamnDirtyApe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigDeep
SleazEaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Abbas

Progressive?!?! Have you heard his 6 hour set at Dutch Dimension!?
nothing but amazing trance!!! I would've been on cloud 999 if I was there....

Tiesto still rocks. But I still wouldn't goto Area 2!

Sure, a lot of it was amazing trance, but not nothing but trance. He played quite a few techno tracks in that set as well, and for that reason i think tiesto is just starting to hit the peak in his career. He (and a lot of other djs) are starting to realize you cant put together a long set (like his dutch dimension set) and ONLY spin trance. I love trance, but i think that trance and techno are two genres of music that must be merged to create a truly amazing set of music. And yeah Tiesto does still rock, and if you are one of those who are saying that area 2 being too commercial is a reason to not see him spin, should get their heads checked.

Old Post Aug-01-2002 02:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigDeep Click here to Send DigDeep a Private Message Visit DigDeep's homepage! Add DigDeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Did everyone forget about Tiesto???
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWhat is this sasha brothers in rhythm esque white label [2003] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackV-Sag - "Kittie In an Empty House" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread