Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 2 **** .::::::::
Pages (28): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

quote:
Originally posted by Teezdalien
Teezdalien - TA Psy Mix (78:46 - 146MB)

1. Ace Ventura & Lish - The Light (Zen Mechanics Remix) - Iboga Records
2. FREq - Awaken (Materialize) - Iboga Records
3. Hamelin - Night Zone feat. Jiser - Planet B.E.N. Records
4. Alien Zed - Lift (Optix Remix) - Jester Records
5. Psychonaut - Moral Panics - Global Trance Network
6. Sttomop - Indian Transport 2009Promo - (unsigned)
7. Day.din - Dance With Me - Spin Twist Records
8. Chromatone - Psypress Pill feat. Random & Virtual Light - Nano Records
9. Disco Hooligans - No Judgement - Ektoplazm
10. Hux Flux - Bring Your Own Bios feat. Kluster (Kluster Remix) - Digital Psionics
11. Ital - Strong Rain - Free Spirit Records
12. ID
13. DNA, Melicia - Indigo - Phonokol

http://www.sendspace.com/file/br6rm4

I gave this one a go. Impeccable transitions, could barely notice them. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me get into the whole prog-psy thing (it just seems to lack hooks or other things to really get me into a set) so I doubt I'll play this much.

Old Post May-11-2009 16:35  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Tracklist looks good, I played Indigo in Yang last month. That track is a little cheesy and I think it's annoying how that dude keeps talking about Ecstacy, but still a decent track. I've heard this first track, nice way to start off the mix. Very smooth first transition, good n proggy 2nd track. Never heard this 3rd track, pretty cool, nothing mindblowing yet. Starting to bang here at about 21 minutes. Lowered the energy level a bit at 28 minutes, but not too bad, still pretty trippy REALLY digging this new track at 38 minutes, I've never even heard of Day.din, this is some more energetic prog stuff, quite tasty music. Ooh, a tad sloppy transition around 42 minutes, but not that bad. The bassline changing so drastically was the issue there. Picking up the energy quite a bit with this next track. Woah, you have a jarring transition at 47 minutes, kinda took me by surprise. Coming into the home stretch: Mega trippy shit around 54 minutes now, this track doesn't really seem appropriate for the mix, simply because of how completely different it is from everything else. I thought you said you wanted to stay away from dark stuff! Ah, I see what happened at 62-63 minutes, you let the Ital track play all the way out and then started your next track. Honestly, while I noticed it, it wasn't a bad enough transition to label it "completely fucked up", but you lost some energy through it. I've never heard this ID track before, I wish I knew what it was, because it's pretty neat. I enjoyed your transition into Indigo, but this track seems just a tad out of place in comparison to your previous tracks, but a good finish. Overall, I thought this mix was a very good attempt from someone who never spins psytrance. I felt like if you would have stuck in an extra track and left out the slower transitions, and maybe reorganized some of the less energetic tracks, you would have had a much better flow. I really enjoyed this, though, I hope you had fun mixing it!

Cheers for your feedback mate.
I actually wanted to get some diversity with the tunes i chose but just felt that most of these tended to lean more towards the prog and uplifting styles. Some crazy stuff though for sure and I could see myself digging deeper into psy trance in the future. The flow was all over the shop but that's a bit of both not knowing the tracks well enough and my style of mixing. That's how I roll!
Some pretty nice transitions and some pretty god awful ones too. Was trying something different with that mix around 63 mins but I fucked it up proper man, but overall I had fun which is the main thing for me.

quote:
I gave this one a go. Impeccable transitions, could barely notice them. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me get into the whole prog-psy thing (it just seems to lack hooks or other things to really get me into a set) so I doubt I'll play this much.

Thanks for having a listen.
Each to their own though hey!

Old Post May-11-2009 17:30  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djkopernikus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by montana kopernikus, lovely tunes, well mixed but main problem with your mix was the programming or just the lack of programming. in many ways it felt like wallpaper, it didn't go anywhere and and many of the transitions just enchanced that even more.

Thanks for the fb I feel your sentence hits the bullzeye. The programming was difficult as it supposed to be, but the main problem was when everytime i tried to escape from the loop of developing something, i stuck into it. As a result, the mix is somewhat "grey" and "no developing".

I was thinking to get all new tracks into this, but the wantism for older masterpieces was too overwhelming. Overall: it was nice trip behind the dex!

Old Post May-11-2009 18:00  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for djkopernikus Click here to Send djkopernikus a Private Message Add djkopernikus to your buddy list djkopernikus is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by montana
jack, the mixing & the tunes was good, but i couldn't feel the mix or the vibe. even with the massive energy going on in the second half, i just don't know how to explain it really. but good effort anyhow

Fair enough. Thanks for listening anyway. Creating a lot of energy and movement was probably my main aim with the set, but I never went above 130bpm.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-12-2009 01:59  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basd
progression

I am actually starting to like this drum & bass stuff.

d&b session 20090519
My take on... (various mixes planned, updated when I can be arsed)

Old Post May-12-2009 05:53  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for basd Click here to Send basd a Private Message Add basd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Listened to the System J mix at the gym, and downloaded the prog breaks one for later listen... Really dug the System J one.... especially the squelchy acid track with the vocal "gotta land this spaceship!". Even though I felt that some of the stuff sounded more proggy, and others a bit more techno/acidy... it was a nice mix of songs and much more interesting/diverse than just going on Beatport and stealing their top 10 tracks.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post May-12-2009 13:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
elFreak
Blood Diamonds and Salsa

Location: With Juan Pachanga Eating Tacos. Ah Ha Si Mi Gusta.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Fair enough. Thanks for listening anyway. Creating a lot of energy and movement was probably my main aim with the set, but I never went above 130bpm.

it is only my opinion of course, but the bpm being higher is not the only way to add energy

Le Freak - A.D.D & Chimichurri [Techno/Tech House/Music to put on burritos.]*click bitches*

Old Post May-12-2009 13:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for elFreak Click here to Send elFreak a Private Message Add elFreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by elFreak
it is only my opinion of course, but the bpm being higher is not the only way to add energy

I agree. This was a lower BPM than I usually play but it felt very energetic. I did pitch every track up, and a track that has been pitched up to 130 will sound more energetic than a track that was composed at 130.

Mr Game+Watch: Thanks for listening and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was pretty liberal with the definition of "tech house", but I did get two thirds of these tracks from Beatport and they were all listed as tech house.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-12-2009 14:12  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
montana
dub come save me

Teezdalien, great mix mate, like sand leaper mentioned, the transitions are barely noticable. the tunes was good, i don't really like full on, but this didn't include much of the really offensive stuff. well done all & all.

Old Post May-12-2009 18:13  Syria
Click Here to See the Profile for montana Click here to Send montana a Private Message Visit montana's homepage! Add montana to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

System-J, I'm listening to your mix now. I have no experience with Tech House whatsoever, so my feedback may not be too important. Favorite parts are 21 minutes, 35-39 minutes, 47 minutes (that piano <3). Overall, I thought it was a good attempt, a lot of it didn't really sound techy to me at all, but the flow was good, the transitions were pretty solid, and you could probably get a lounge moving with some of these. Good work, J!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-12-2009 19:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

I've really enjoyed all of the mixes posted so far.
Was listening to System-J, Kopernikus and Sand Leaper earlier at work and they are all really good sets and didn't hear any shit tracks. I listened to Montana nearly a week ago, honestly not really a eurodance fan myself but liked a few of these tracks, can't remember exactly which tunes now, sorry. I think I'd struggle badly trying to put together a eurodance mix.
I'm look forward for the mixes to come.

Old Post May-13-2009 17:20  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chesco
out to lunch

Not as easy as I thought this might be, anyone got any decent recommedations as to where I should be looking for some prog trance tunes, I downloaded a few the other day but don't like them mixed togther..

Not had a chance to listen to any of the other mixes yet, i'm going to get them all at once after I submit mine (if that ever happens)..

Old Post May-14-2009 09:25  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for chesco Click here to Send chesco a Private Message Add chesco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 2 **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (28): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackChristopher Lawrence - Temptation Track #4 [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMembers of Mayday - "10 IN 01" (Paul van Dyk Club Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread