Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Frankie Knuckles pres. Director's Cut feat. B Slade - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) (A Director's Cut Production) [Nocturnal Groove - CTGD086]
Bon Garçon - Freek U (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Mix) [Eye Industries ‎– 9872138]
DJ 3000 - Hit The Floor [Bullet:Dodge – BDR060]
Alex Celler - Back To The Bounce [Cinematic - CIN12008]
Carl Taylor - Debbie's Groove (Robert Hood Mix) [Epm Music - EPM24]
Derrick L. Carter - 10 [Classic ‎– CMC80]
The Brothers Grimm - Exodus (The Lion Awakes) (WNCL VIP) [Sneaker Social Club ‎– SNKR010]
Blackwax - Surface [Tube 10 ‎– TUBE10011]
Elisa Bee - Me Now [Booty Call - BCR043]
Run The Jewels - Call Ticketron [Run The Jewels - xxx]
Stereotyp feat. Edu K & Joyce Muniz - Jece Valadão [Man - 010]
Benjamin Damage - 808 Rhythm [Solva - SLV001]
Majora - Armor King [Roska Kicks & Snares - MR072]
Size Queen - K-Hole (Uncle Montana Edit) [Soundcloud]
Xzique - Outside Looking In (Down) (Sub Project Remix) [Baroque - BARQ005]
Soul Mekanik - Diskostatic (Tarrantella vs Redanka Mix) [Rip - RIPT 002]
Underworld - Cowgirl (Bedrock Mix) [JBO/V2 - JBO5012513]
Wink feat. Lil' Louis - How's Your Evening So Far? [Ovum - OVM125]
Gary Beck - Famoo Funk [BEK Audio - 029]
Octave One feat. Ann Saunderson - Jazzo/Lose Myself [430 West - 4WCLCD2600]
Francesco Farfa - Universal Love [Serial Killer Vinyl - SK-038R]
Antidote - Eclipse (Kamasutra Mix) [Dutchie Music - 131]
Chlorine Mist - Reset [Donky Pitch - DKY027]
HAIM - Falling (Duke Dumont Remix) [Polydor - xxx]

Really interesting mix, Jan. The first two tracks had me thinking this was going to be a super solid, super gay, diva-house extravaganza. To me, the opener was nothing more than an establishment of the ideal tone of the mix - playing at the Pride festival and getting super soulful with it. The mix meanders off into a deeper, darker territory, with a few tracks flying in from left field. I was honestly not expecting the Run The Jewels track to 1) make any sense and 2) fit so well with the vibe you were pushing at the time. I think if I didn't know that it was you making this mix, I might have told the DJ that they were completely insane. Here and there along the journey you bring back some of the tastes of the diva house while not completely getting back on track until the end. The HAIM remix at the end was a nice touch. Definitely the most accessible mix I've ever heard you do, nicely done!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Oct-08-2017 18:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Just a heads (head's?) up, mine will be at least a week late, but hopefully no more than that. Really looking forward to checking everyone's out - TLs look great!

Old Post Oct-11-2017 21:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Really interesting mix, Jan. The first two tracks had me thinking this was going to be a super solid, super gay, diva-house extravaganza. To me, the opener was nothing more than an establishment of the ideal tone of the mix - playing at the Pride festival and getting super soulful with it. The mix meanders off into a deeper, darker territory, with a few tracks flying in from left field. I was honestly not expecting the Run The Jewels track to 1) make any sense and 2) fit so well with the vibe you were pushing at the time. I think if I didn't know that it was you making this mix, I might have told the DJ that they were completely insane. Here and there along the journey you bring back some of the tastes of the diva house while not completely getting back on track until the end. The HAIM remix at the end was a nice touch. Definitely the most accessible mix I've ever heard you do, nicely done!

Thanks, I appreciate the listen! I really tried to bridge the gap between the more traditional sounds I associate with the gay house circuit and newer, more rhythmic tracks here, considering the event this was inspired by. It's cool that others picked up on that, too. And yes, I seem incapable of just playing a set completely straight these days. I'd get bored quite fast if I did, it seems.

I had a listen to your mix as well. Some of the tunes here really did it for me, but a whole hour of this synthwavy stuff is too rich for my blood. This despite me loving fluffy melodies in general and despite that there is a marked difference in tone between the first and second half. I also think you could have tinkered more with the set structure to line up the harmonies of the transitions a bit better. Considering how meticulous you'd have to be to get this 100% right, however, I can't criticize you too much for that.

I'm definitely nabbing some of these tunes later. I might manage to squeeze them in at an early evening set I'm playing at a bar on Thursday, which will be more on the slower nudisco tip, by the looks of it.

Old Post Oct-17-2017 10:47  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Finally got a new laptop and ready to mix! Had my first "gig" too - a NY Comic Con afterparty. Unfortunately, the people there wanted me to play more "nerd music" instead of the deep/tech/prog/future house that I'm traditionally into, so they weren't really that into it.

But yeah, I've got a few ideas on how things can go with this, time to formulate a tracklist and go and record!

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Oct-18-2017 13:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
I had a listen to your mix as well. Some of the tunes here really did it for me, but a whole hour of this synthwavy stuff is too rich for my blood. This despite me loving fluffy melodies in general and despite that there is a marked difference in tone between the first and second half. I also think you could have tinkered more with the set structure to line up the harmonies of the transitions a bit better. Considering how meticulous you'd have to be to get this 100% right, however, I can't criticize you too much for that.

Yeah, you're definitely right about it being super rich. Like eating 1 kg of chocolate mousse. If you flip through the set, it's basically just a wall of melodies, which I'm cool with and I can handle the richness but I totally understand if it would be too much for you. I never really bother mixing my sets in key since my formula is typically linear progression by energy, but this may have been one to consider. I must note that I shouldn't have really labeled any of it "retro" as the only one that qualifies is the Beckett track. Thanks for listening, glad some of the tunes worked out!

How is everyone else doing? I see Lews will be a bit late and Mr.Game+Watch and djdk have theirs on deck. How about planetaryplayer and Alphastarred? Need an update from you two.

The new deadline is technically coming up, but I will just let it expire. Just get them in before the end of the year, guys.

Old Post Oct-22-2017 12:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf

How is everyone else doing? I see Lews will be a bit late and Mr.Game+Watch and djdk have theirs on deck. How about planetaryplayer and Alphastarred? Need an update from you two.

Honestly Ive been so busy that I just havent had the time to do anything. I think Ive only managed to touch my decks twince since September, and Ive a gig this weekend so needed to use that time to prep for that.

I do have a concept and loads of tracks all ready to purchase, just need to find the time to get it done (and listen to the other entries!).

I really wanted to be on top of this one and feel like Ive been prepping for aaages then life just went mental at the end of the summer and suddenly its fucking November lol.

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Oct-27-2017 11:33  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

I have most of the tracklist, just need to arrange it and finally do a mixdown. I hope to try and get it finished soon, sorry for the delay.

Old Post Oct-27-2017 19:04  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

It's fine, guys. Take as long as you need. If you take longer than December 31st though, you're banned

Old Post Oct-27-2017 20:02 
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

i clanked the last transition the other day so i had to scrap it, did it again and forgot to beat match in the middle of the mix when i was talking to my girlfriend lol. its frustrating doing it live and messing up at the end.. that was like 2h wasted total

Old Post Oct-27-2017 23:03  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Thanks so much for the extension, Nick! Did a test run and was mostly happy with the end result, so I'll go ahead and record for real, making a few changes here and there.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Oct-30-2017 23:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Well then. Here's some horror for y'all. I could had just slapped some tracks from horror movies together and called it a mix, but that would had been no fun. Instead, I chose to do a soundtrack of my own, to a horror film that does not (yet) exist.

So don't expect any kind of traditional DJ set here. You've got drone, IDM, death metal, trip hop and fun stuff like that to make you wonder what that sound under your bed is.

OrgaNik - The Demon Inside (Soundtrack To A Fictional Film)

01. Rob Zombie - A Hearse That Overturns With The Coffin Bursting Open [Zodiac Swan]
02. Simon Maverick - Silentwave.01 [Bief]
03. Burzum - Heljarmyrkr [Byelobog Productions]
04. Opeth - Ghost Of Perdition [Roadrunner]
05. Massive Attack - Fatalism (Ryuichi Sakamoto & Yukihiro Takahashi Remix) [Virgin]
06. Nine Inch Nails - 2 Ghosts I [The Null Corporation]
07. Akira Yamaoka - Hostility [Konami]
08. Oranssi Pazuzu - Hypnotisoitu Viharukous [Svart]
09. Sunn O))) - It Took The Night To Believe [Southern Lord]
10. Autechre - curvcaten [Warp]
11. Tricky - Valentine (Andy Stott Remix) [False Idols]

I quite enjoyed this, faded nicely into the background whilst working with the drone stuff before demanding my attention (and track list checking) with the metal tracks. I thought it was all woven together very nicely. Glad I listened in the daytime (with all the lights on just incase).

Old Post Nov-20-2017 11:00  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Yeah, nice set Nik. I wanted to find the right setting to listen to this mix but it never came about, so I listened to it at work. It was really cool, nice and creepy and the death metal added some excellent body to the atmosphere. I liked trying to imagine in my head the scenes that would accompany the tracks, but I ended up with a jumbled mess of a movie that had kind of a variety of random scenes where I couldn't tell if it was action/thriller or horror. I can't tell if that was my fault or yours

Either way, really cool concept and nice tunes, I could definitely feel the horror film vibe from it! Nicely done!

Old Post Nov-20-2017 20:13 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktune from above n beyond set [2005] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDenim Project - "Freedom To Move" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread