Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > throwin a rave got a couple suggestions?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Nbrablec9
tranceaddict

throwin a rave got a couple suggestions?

so i got the warehouse down and the lighing taken care of, but i'm looking for good suggestions for how to attract people that arent into the whole club/rave scene. its going to be a club oriented rave to attract clubbers not jst the candy kids...ill probly be on the decks between 12-2 and i got hard house djs to fill the rest the time slots. its taken place in Omaha Nebraska , and thers not alot of trance DJs out this way so im trying to get the omaha crowd into trance ...wish me luck!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov-17-2005 22:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nbrablec9 Click here to Send Nbrablec9 a Private Message Add Nbrablec9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
veezee
Supreme tranceaddict

flyer the shit out of it.. have some good dj's to attrack people aswell.. talk and promote.. talk some more.. flyer some more.. be prepared to lose some $$$ Good luck!

Jay

P.S and book me heh

Old Post Nov-17-2005 22:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for veezee Click here to Send veezee a Private Message Add veezee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
razzi
seņor tranceaddict

talk to guys at record stores (if there are any around). one of the best places for info if youre new to the scene, they always either know something about it, or someone who can help you.

oh yeah, and flyer and talk it up alot. the most important thing about raves is organization.. jump off points for directions, door people, etc.. the list goes on forever.

good luck man, nice to see you spreadin the love to the huskers

razzi.

Old Post Nov-17-2005 22:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for razzi Click here to Send razzi a Private Message Add razzi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sr126
Supreme tranceaddict

best of luck to you.

if you plan to promote the be-jesus out of you event. pls make sure you have your permits straight.

if not, you're probably gonna get the wrong people to swing by your party... ie. law enforcement, fire marshall, etc...

if the cops show up, tell them it's a one-off. like a record release party or something. they may let you slide. -then get your paperwork in order.

also, don't allow people you don't know to sell drugs at your party.

when we do our parties, we tell people to bring their own shit from the city. we specifically tell people that goodiEs will not be available from the promoter.

if there is gonna be a little slangin' going on to help get the party going, get someone you trust to bring clean/quality stuff. you don't want your party to get a bad rap, because some wierdo/stranger is selling crappy E's, and your patrons starting getting sick. because they WILL remember that...

good luck.

Old Post Nov-18-2005 05:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sr126 Click here to Send sr126 a Private Message Add sr126 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj_lane
Timeless

Well... Kandy Ravers mostly dominate raves with their style and wearing-of-beads [ i dont mind t3h beads...] , but sadly as the scene is, most clubbers wont go into a rave without a big namer....

My advice is to promote as much as possible, with flyers.

www.Avidtechno.com
- Trance Challenge Afterparty -> [Lane Pelovsky, Squiggles, MBC...]
- Jokers -> [Lozar, Lane Pelovsky, Speakerfuker & More] -> 06/04
- Spectrum -> [JT, Clear, Steve Ohs, Lane Pelovsky] -> 07/30
- Addiction @ The Quest -> [Kenneth Thomas, TylerC/DanielK, Lane Pelovsky] -> 9/30

Old Post Nov-18-2005 07:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dj_lane Click here to Send dj_lane a Private Message Visit dj_lane's homepage! Add dj_lane to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zild
Ten City

Most clubbers won't go to a rave, especially if there are going to be mainly hard house DJs. Only drugged up little kids like hard house.

Latest Mix

Old Post Nov-18-2005 13:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zild Click here to Send Zild a Private Message Add Zild to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Abhay
banned user

Re: throwin a rave got a couple suggestions?

quote:
Originally posted by Nbrablec9
so i got the warehouse down and the lighing taken care of, but i'm looking for good suggestions for how to attract people that arent into the whole club/rave scene. its going to be a club oriented rave to attract clubbers not jst the candy kids...ill probly be on the decks between 12-2 and i got hard house djs to fill the rest the time slots. its taken place in Omaha Nebraska , and thers not alot of trance DJs out this way so im trying to get the omaha crowd into trance ...wish me luck!!!!!!!!

well,

make sure the date is such that, there is nothing else on, no big events near by, that ppl might go to... if urs is the only that's promoted, then ppl are more likely to go to it, instead of some other place.

Old Post Nov-18-2005 16:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Abhay Click here to Send Abhay a Private Message Add Abhay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scottaculous
habitual line crosser

For your security, hire off-duty cops. That way other cops won't bother you. And if drugs get slipped by, it's their fault.

Old Post Nov-18-2005 18:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scottaculous Click here to Send Scottaculous a Private Message Add Scottaculous to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zack Roth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sr126
best of luck to you.

if you plan to promote the be-jesus out of you event. pls make sure you have your permits straight.

if not, you're probably gonna get the wrong people to swing by your party... ie. law enforcement, fire marshall, etc...

if the cops show up, tell them it's a one-off. like a record release party or something. they may let you slide. -then get your paperwork in order.

also, don't allow people you don't know to sell drugs at your party.

when we do our parties, we tell people to bring their own shit from the city. we specifically tell people that goodiEs will not be available from the promoter.

if there is gonna be a little slangin' going on to help get the party going, get someone you trust to bring clean/quality stuff. you don't want your party to get a bad rap, because some wierdo/stranger is selling crappy E's, and your patrons starting getting sick. because they WILL remember that...

good luck.

um, what

Old Post Nov-18-2005 21:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zack Roth Click here to Send Zack Roth a Private Message Visit Zack Roth's homepage! Add Zack Roth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > throwin a rave got a couple suggestions?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRobert Smit live in Italy 2003 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBritney Spears - "Breathe On Me" (James Holden Vocal Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread