Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Who remembers that guy that made really cringey trance dedicated to some girl?
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't know if I remember correctly, but there was some incident of him trying to buy cigarettes from a store, them refusing to sell him the cigarettes, and him consequently threatening the clerk or something. Was the police called? I can't remember. Actually I'm not even sure whether it actually happened to him or if someone posted a link to something like that wondering whether it was washley. The man's a legend either way.

Edit: Just noticed it's mentioned in the thread Silky Johnson linked to. Did he really try to steal cigarettes?

Old Post Aug-01-2022 13:50  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yeah that definitely happened. Someone drew an MS Paint rendition of the incident, as I recall. I'm pretty sure he'd been sectioned a few times as well, which he used to talk about.

I don't think he deliberately tried to steal anything. His issue was he didn't seem to accept his mental illness and would aggressively deny it, so he ended up with a persecution complex towards doctors, policemen and anyone on TA who suggested he might be mildly insane. From memory the cigarette situation started out as a minor misunderstanding that escalated massively due to his strange behaviour intimidating the clerk. He made a thread about it, probably assuming we'd all agree with his point of view.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Aug-01-2022 at 15:29

Old Post Aug-01-2022 15:23  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah it does seem so. I couldn't find the original thread, but he recounts the experience here in the bottom-most post of the page.

quote:
Originally posted by w_аshley

I attempted to buy a pack of cigarettes at a corner store. The legal age to purchase at the time was 19, and the clerk had the right to refuse sale if they felt I was a minor. The clerk asked me to produce ID, I asked her what she felt my age was twice. Both times she stated 23, which was my age. She stated I could speak to the manager and started serving the next customer. She made no attempt to get the manager. So I reinitiated communication with her, because I saw no manager. The manager during the time I was communicating with her moved behind the counter but said nothing. I stated if you don't get them for me I'll get them myself - and proceeded to move to the cigarettes but didn't see my brand so I stood went from crouching to upright at the edge of the service area. The clerk inched her feet quickly toward me and communication continued. She touched me on my shoulder during this time, which I responded by saying you just assaulted me. Anyway while all this was happening the a cop arrive and positioned himself behind me secretly. He proceeded to grab my wrist after I turned to face him. After requesting he let go there was an altercation which resulted in me being pepper sprayed. The cop latter stated "I was being offensive" but we were like 10 ft away from each other when he sprayed me and I had my jacket over my face.

Anyway I got dragged out of the store. The next day the cops were going to let me go but I was utterly pissed off still at what had happened. I eventually left and bought a pack of cigarettes at a different corner store a couple blocks away - the last pack I ever bought.

As a result of the case they upped the legal ID requirement to 25 years of age - but at the time it was 19 or belief that I was not of age. The clerk thought I was 23.

In the end it was store policy that caused the problem, and basically the policy violated my legal rights under right of sale.

What's surprising to me is that although he had his own address visible in that thread's OP (because of him posting his résumé), it doesn't seem that anyone actually used the address for anything. Most of his posts in the thread have been deleted, but one can get the gist of what's going on even without them.

Old Post Aug-01-2022 17:04  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
here

Lol yessssssss. "Fact is"

Old Post Aug-01-2022 17:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I just noticed Theresa completely erased her stay here, changing her name to RandomGirl and deleting all info. I liked her, it's a shame she rage quit

Old Post Aug-01-2022 17:28  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Well to be fair, she embarassed the hell out of herself too. Does nobody remember the interracial relationships thread? The plane crash parachute solution???

https://www2.tranceaddict.com/forum...=1#.YugNl3bMLb3

https://tranceaddict.com/forums/sho...99#.YugNn3bMLb2

Old Post Aug-01-2022 17:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Well to be fair, she embarassed the hell out of herself too.

Of course I do! I said I liked her, I never said she didn't have her moments

... Which is sort of why I never understood why she just didn't shrug it off and take it like a champ. Oh, well, the decades of history forever immortalised in these boards...

Old Post Aug-01-2022 17:53  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
Yeah it does seem so. I couldn't find the original thread, but he recounts the experience here in the bottom-most post of the page.

What's surprising to me is that although he had his own address visible in that thread's OP (because of him posting his résumé), it doesn't seem that anyone actually used the address for anything. Most of his posts in the thread have been deleted, but one can get the gist of what's going on even without them.

Oh shit, does this mean his account hasn't been deleted? I always thought it had. Unless he just deleted a lot of his own posts.

Old Post Aug-01-2022 18:57  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

That thread is so good. It's got so many Washley moments in that I remembered from separate threads, all wrapped up in one glorious 34 page Greatest Hits compilation. The CV, the cigarette story, Moral Hazard having a mutual acquaintance who said he was nuttier than a fruitcake... It's all there.

Also, that Youtube channel is an absolute treasure trove. There's about six videos in there purely devoted to the subject of him running a mild electrical current through his own head to see what happens.

Old Post Aug-01-2022 20:07  England
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

God I love this place

Old Post Aug-02-2022 02:50  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've been on such a washley binge today. At the expense of my actual job.

His Twitter account was active fairly recently. And it contains a link to a new resume!

http://historicconservation.pro/?i=1

Old Post Aug-02-2022 16:42  England
aloep
REDIICULASE!!

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
He was probably the single most mentally unwell person to ever regularly post on TA, and there's some stiff competition for that award.

That certainly is saying something, indeed!

I remember many utterly insane people, but mostly from the 2001-2004 era. "a-aplz" being a particularly prominent one I recall.

Old Post Aug-02-2022 17:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for aloep Click here to Send aloep a Private Message Add aloep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Who remembers that guy that made really cringey trance dedicated to some girl?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDecent PvD track that I wouldnt mind having Id'ed [2003] [6]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKuffdam & Plant - "Summer Dream" (Paul van Dyk Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread