Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Live life according to Drexciyan principles

Old Post Apr-04-2020 17:35  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
Live life according to Drexciyan principles

Win!

Old Post Apr-04-2020 18:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Most of the parks in the London are still open. Tomorrow we're supposed to have our warmest day of the year thus far. It'll be interesting to see how everyone acts. The forecast for the upcoming week looks beautiful, too.

I'm guessing people will put self isolation and distancing on the back-burner and the government will close all the parks. People in this city just can't help themselves.

My flat overlooks a park and people seemed to do pretty well today - much better than they were doing on, say, the 24th or 25th. A few couples doing yoga together and a few people sitting by themselves for a short while, far from other people. The only people ostentatiously flouting the rules and meeting in a group was the usual clique of local druggies, who stay away from other people anyways.

Just one observation, of course, but it was encouraging to see. Hopefully other parks were similar.

Old Post Apr-04-2020 19:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

Over here in Sweden has everyone taking it extremely well. All cafés, bars, gyms, stores are still open, although closing a bit earlier. Many people pretend as if this pandemic doesn't even exist.

I'm currently working at a psychosis unit in the city. We have absolutely no precautions for our patients or staff.

Old Post Apr-04-2020 21:49  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Covid got everyone out here looking like the Joker put Smylex in all the cosmetics and personal care products.

Old Post Apr-05-2020 03:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Smilexsterine?

Old Post Apr-05-2020 18:17  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Florida governor finally issued a stay at home order but exempted church services as "essential" and forbade cities from restricting any gatherings exempted by his office. Looks like some folks are going to meet Jesus earlier than they may have expected.

Old Post Apr-05-2020 22:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

My partner just got off the phone with a midwife at the hospital who sounded super stressed. We were originally told to come in when she’s had three contractions in 10 minutes. Now they’re asking people to come in when they’ve had contractions every two minutes for two hours. She planned on only using gas and air throughout labor, but now that she won’t be in the hospital to receive it, we’ve ordered a TENS machine. I’m also not allowed to be with her until she’s in established labor, and I have to leave two hours after birth. They will test the baby six hours after.

How will staying at home longer change labor? Jenny? We’re guessing I’ll now have a more significant role to play in helping her stay calm and persevering through the pain. It sounds like nearly a home birth, which we had considered a few weeks ago. It was too late though and we had to change hospitals for it. Fifty percent of home births end up in the hospital anyway.

Old Post Apr-06-2020 10:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I highly recommend you both read the book Hypnobirthing. Staying at home shouldn't change labour at all, if you can both stay calm, focused, in the zone, and in sync with her body. I wanted a natural birth but never intended to do it at home;however, I DID labour mostly at home. By the time I got to the hospital I was already 5cm dilated and our baby came 6 hours later (I immediately asked for a morphine + gravol shot and had no more drugs the rest of my labour. I too opted for gas at the end but wasn't sucking on that tube right and don't think I got any. Helped with my breathing though! Lol). Home is way more comfortable anyway, you both will be much more relaxed in your own zone.

Our bodies are literally made for giving birth,just have to keep the mind aligned with with the process, while also relinquishing control in a way. Read that book, seriously. You'll see what I mean.

Your job will be to help keep her focused, to not spin out of control, to help her breathe through the contractions. There is an awesome move our doula showed my husband, where he put his forearms on my hips and compressed them, thereby fanning them open during contractions. Amazing, really helped keep me comfortable. She can also get in a hot bath or shower. I was in and out of the hot shower a few times during my labour. Oh and btw, put some garbage bags or old sheets down on the floors. You're welcome.

One very simple and KEY nugget you both can think of throughout labour is, with each contraction you are that much closer to meeting your baby! Really helps to keep things in perspective, especially at peak labour, which is transition phase.

Oh boy I'm so excited for you!! You guys'll be great, I know it!

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Apr-06-2020 at 11:06

Old Post Apr-06-2020 11:00 
wotyzoid
it's not house

Y u noggas gotta turn every thread into a parent's thread..😕

Old Post Apr-06-2020 11:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Because we're lame?

Old Post Apr-06-2020 11:23 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I highly recommend you both read the book Hypnobirthing. Staying at home shouldn't change labour at all, if you can both stay calm, focused, in the zone, and in sync with her body. I wanted a natural birth but never intended to do it at home;however, I DID labour mostly at home. By the time I got to the hospital I was already 5cm dilated and our baby came 6 hours later (I immediately asked for a morphine + gravol shot and had no more drugs the rest of my labour. I too opted for gas at the end but wasn't sucking on that tube right and don't think I got any. Helped with my breathing though! Lol). Home is way more comfortable anyway, you both will be much more relaxed in your own zone.

Our bodies are literally made for giving birth,just have to keep the mind aligned with with the process, while also relinquishing control in a way. Read that book, seriously. You'll see what I mean.

Your job will be to help keep her focused, to not spin out of control, to help her breathe through the contractions. There is an awesome move our doula showed my husband, where he put his forearms on my hips and compressed them, thereby fanning them open during contractions. Amazing, really helped keep me comfortable. She can also get in a hot bath or shower. I was in and out of the hot shower a few times during my labour. Oh and btw, put some garbage bags or old sheets down on the floors. You're welcome.

One very simple and KEY nugget you both can think of throughout labour is, with each contraction you are that much closer to meeting your baby! Really helps to keep things in perspective, especially at peak labour, which is transition phase.

Oh boy I'm so excited for you!! You guys'll be great, I know it!

This just reinforces the thought in my mind that asks, "How the hell did we survive long enough before the advent of modern medicine to reach a population of over 7 billion?" You ladies are tough. I could never be a woman. Too much biology involved for me!

Old Post Apr-06-2020 11:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNeed Help Identifying Six Tracks - Song 3 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDj Digress - Baila Para [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread