Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
For some reason people at my work are starting to go back into the office more often? Oh well, as long as they're not requiring me to be there.

I'd go back to my office if I could, to be honest. Technically being in finance makes me an 'essential worker', lol, but our office is closed. I'd just rather get away from my small flat with my wife and away from my laptops and back to my large Bloomberg Terminals. But I'm also youngish and in decentish health and have a pretty spread-out office floor.

Old Post Jan-07-2021 21:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Everything has been really good in Queensland for several months now, until a few days ago a cleaner at one of the quarantine hotels tested positive, and of course it's the more infectious UK strain, so back into heavy lockdown we go for a minimum of 3 days, and a maximum of... we don't know yet. Hopefully we get a handle on it early.

They just told us of the 6pm curfew this morning, so it's utter chaos at the supermarkets and liquor stores despite the fact they remain open during lockdown.

Old Post Jan-08-2021 02:14  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Talk about corona fears... Our healthcare system has all but collapsed, and both my brother-in-law and my mother-in-law have just gotten rona'd

She got her first dose of the CoronaVac vaccine a couple of weeks ago, and I don't know how effective it will be, so we're all watching her closely. She's a bit feverish and mentally tired, but her oxygen levels and breathing are reportedly fine.

Old Post Mar-23-2021 17:58  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

I've heard about the horror stories out of Brazil. Not good.

I'll likely be able to get the first vaccine shot in a couple of weeks, so that's good news on my end at least.

(~)

Old Post Mar-23-2021 23:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

I got vaccinated, as did my wife.

Old Post Mar-24-2021 14:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Talk about corona fears... Our healthcare system has all but collapsed, and both my brother-in-law and my mother-in-law have just gotten rona'd

She got her first dose of the CoronaVac vaccine a couple of weeks ago, and I don't know how effective it will be, so we're all watching her closely. She's a bit feverish and mentally tired, but her oxygen levels and breathing are reportedly fine.

Sorry to hear that, mate :/

Old Post Mar-24-2021 17:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Thanks... My mother-in-law seems to have bounced back just fine after a couple of days, and we think it's the vaccine doing its proper job. My brother-in-law is the one having a rougher ride... he's been having a crippling headache since the weekend, but no life-threatening symptoms so far.
quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
I've heard about the horror stories out of Brazil. Not good.

The whole thing is just mental. I live in a district where almost 3 in 4 voters picked Bolsonaro a couple of years ago, so even doctors are convinced chloroquine, ivermectin, and the other medicines in the so-called "early treatment" work.

Out of all the big countries/blocs that had a high ratio of COVID deaths (the US, Argentina, Mexico, the European Union), we're now in a league of our own. Only small countries like the UK and Belgium had a higher rate of deaths per capita, but our population is much younger.

This shouldn't be happening.

Old Post Mar-25-2021 00:50  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

One of my coworkers had it at Christmas. She was off for a month, and has called in sick many times since with persistent symptoms. Extreme tiredness, headaches, nausea, difficulty breathing. Then she got the vaccine and said it was like she had full blown Rona again. She is only 27 and in fantastic health at baseline.

Old Post Mar-25-2021 00:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

I had zero side effects from the vaccine (Pfizer) other than the typical sore arm.

Old Post Mar-25-2021 01:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

We've been advised to book our second doses (Pfizer) during a block of days we aren't scheduled to work, in anticipation of strong reactions/to avoid sick calls.

Old Post Mar-25-2021 01:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

my gf had chills and fever with the second shot(nothing with the first) and she said she wouldn't be able to work during the symptoms, they did come in roughly 10h after the needle

Old Post Mar-25-2021 01:55  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Yeah. Same symptoms, also some nausea and vomiting, for the people I know who couldn't make it to work after. I'm gonna time mine so the second dose lines up with my week off.

Old Post Mar-25-2021 01:57 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack id #1 [from marco carola - live at bleu, detroit (26-02-2005) [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRaw Shape - "Come Back" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread