Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > How will the world have changed in 20 years.?
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
{b.s.e.}
savant garde

quote:
Originally posted by Xavier
I will bring back the days of the 1990s.
I will make Dial Up Connections take over the world, and make it survive forever. Vinyl and tapes will come back...and I will make sure the sixties, eighties, nineties music will still be the fashion. And dominate the music industry and radio waves. I will also make sure cars from the past are still driven...and are the only thing driven on the road...but the only change is that there will be PEACE.

I hate change...

............................*SLAP!*

hehe..

Old Post Oct-27-2001 18:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for {b.s.e.} Click here to Send {b.s.e.} a Private Message Add {b.s.e.} to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Firestarter
trancEaddict in JAIL

quote:
Originally posted by "Ur Dream Grl"
-By then we will definately have flying cars

"Flying cars"..I don't think so, well not untill about 100 years, if ever. Since 1981 cars have not changed much. In 20 years time cars won't be alot different.

"Flying cars"Is that a joke?

Old Post Oct-27-2001 20:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Firestarter Click here to Send DJ Firestarter a Private Message Add DJ Firestarter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ur Dream Grl
The Lizard Lady

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Firestarter

"Flying cars"..I don't think so, well not untill about 100 years, if ever. Since 1981 cars have not changed much. In 20 years time cars won't be alot different.

"Flying cars"Is that a joke?

No sweetie... that was NOT A JOKE.. but i suppose you don't reallly know about it huh??

well.. there is already a flying automobile that was biult in 1992.. (the m400 skycar) they made it in california.. and it cruises between 350 and 390 miles per hour...However they have been trying to biult a flying car since the 1960's..so if they have gotten this far.. trust me in 20 years...a lot of people will have flying cars...

you said that cars havent really changed since 1981??????WHATTTT????

i dont know where you are getting ur sources from...

xoxo Ur Dream Grl

Old Post Oct-27-2001 21:08  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Ur Dream Grl Click here to Send Ur Dream Grl a Private Message Add Ur Dream Grl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Firestarter
trancEaddict in JAIL

quote:
Originally posted by "Ur Dream Grl"

No sweetie... that was NOT A JOKE.. but i suppose you don't reallly know about it huh??

well.. there is already a flying automobile that was biult in 1992.. (the m400 skycar) they made it in california.. and it cruises between 350 and 390 miles per hour...However they have been trying to biult a flying car since the 1960's..so if they have gotten this far.. trust me in 20 years...a lot of people will have flying cars...
you said that cars havent really changed since 1981??????WHATTTT????
i dont know where you are getting ur sources from...

You say"they have been trying to biult a flying car since the 1960's"
40 years later...and they have made one prototype..9 years ago. What I mean by cars havent really changed since 1981 is they still are run by petrol, they have 4 wheels and they run on roads and in 20 years time you think everyone will have 400 mph jet engine mechines flying around.
Wauld that not be chaos. There wauld be crashes everywhere because there wauld not be roads or markings for them to follow (or wauld thay make lines in the sky?)

You have a wild imagination.

Old Post Oct-27-2001 21:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Firestarter Click here to Send DJ Firestarter a Private Message Add DJ Firestarter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ur Dream Grl
The Lizard Lady

quote:

40 years later...and they have made one prototype..9 years ago. What I mean by cars havent really changed since 1981 is they still are run by petrol, they have 4 wheels and they run on roads and in 20 years time you think everyone will have 400 mph jet engine mechines flying around.
Wauld that not be chaos. There wauld be crashes everywhere because there wauld not be roads or markings for them to follow (or wauld thay make lines in the sky?)

hi firestarter...AGAIN... I suppose you havent really been reading my posts... so let me make it clear to you as I mentioned in the first post....

quote:
Originally posted by Ur Dream Grl

Ok these are my predictions..."(Dont take it personal, Its what i think, and it is not like it is going to happen anyways)"... heheheh

xoxo Ur Dream Grl

Ok.. can you read now??.. NOTICE how I mentioned that those were my predicitions.. and not to anyone TAKE IT PERSONAL.. but of course thats too much to ask huh?? again.. IT IS NOT LIKE IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

oh by the way.. they havent made just one prototype... they already made 6 of them.. the first one was biult in 1962...
and AGAIN.. I sounds to me that you didnt read my last post when I mentioned that "a lot of people will own flying cars in 20 years... I NEVER SAID "EVERYONE WILL HAVE FLYING CARS IN 20 YEARS"..the reason i said that is because they are gonna cost a lot of money that only super starts or the queen of england will afford one...just like a lof of superstars own their private jets or planes nowadays...

and as to your concern in crashing and "roads in the sky" and "signs
in the air".. IF airplanes dont have them.. why would flying cars need them???not to mention technology is going to be way more advanced...

do you need me to ANSWER ANYMORE OF YOUR QUESTIONS??

xoxo Ur Dream Grl

Old Post Oct-27-2001 22:24  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Ur Dream Grl Click here to Send Ur Dream Grl a Private Message Add Ur Dream Grl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Henkie_henk
Almighty Trance Addict

/me collects stones and rotten fruit to throw @ dj firestarter

j/k <-- did ya saw that??

-
-
http://www.rustzachtpim.tk/
-
-
Rust Zacht Pim

Old Post Oct-28-2001 00:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Henkie_henk Click here to Send Henkie_henk a Private Message Visit Henkie_henk's homepage! Add Henkie_henk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
{b.s.e.}
savant garde

quote:

Originally posted by Ur Dream Grl :

...they are gonna cost a lot of money that only super stars or the queen of england will afford one...

I love it..

Old Post Oct-28-2001 00:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for {b.s.e.} Click here to Send {b.s.e.} a Private Message Add {b.s.e.} to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ABTsportsline
Disabled Veteran

quote:

WOOP WOOP!! Moron alert!

Tell me firestarter, how does it feel to get SHUT DOWN by a girl? ...who knows more than you on the subject? ouch.

BTW, in case you haven't been reading the posts, this is "what you think will happen in 20 years." Granted, usually what Dream Grl says comes true, but you'll have to put forth a better arguement in order to change the future. LoL.....

In fact, i'm going to go buy a flying car in 10 YEARS! whaddaya think of THAT?!! pffft!

heheheh......
-ABT-

Old Post Oct-28-2001 06:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ABTsportsline Click here to Send ABTsportsline a Private Message Add ABTsportsline to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lost
Supreme tranceaddict

bit of hostility in the chill-out room. damn sketchin' e-tards. wuttup to all the kidz abt, dreamgurl, b.s.e., etc. i'm down with b.s.e. world will end well before 2021. and if not then i will end. my predicted age of death is 40. so my world will end by 2021, maybe not the rest of yours. and i think they do have the cure for aids and that they won't release it. even if they do there will be worse things by then. perhaps flying cars but we wouldn't be able to visit other countries because of fuel limitations unless they made fuel stations in the middle of the ocean or something. i figure in 20 years the world will be much the same with technological advancements traded for valuable resources. such is the american dream. live on my brethren.

lost

Old Post Oct-28-2001 21:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Lost Click here to Send Lost a Private Message Add Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ta_wilson
Supreme tranceaddict

as lost pointed out: HOSTILITY
anyhow....firestarter: maybe not talking about cars specifically, but technology in general...go back 20 years.....top of the line computer then: my graphing calculater kicks the shit out of it....in like the 50's a scientist made the briliant prediction(back when a computer took about like a room): "i predict that by 2000, computers may weigh as little as 20 pounds" HAHAHAHAH
technology have come forward at light speed in the last half century...and at the moment hasnt shown signs of slowing down.]

BSE's prediction has alot of merit: if mankind continues the way is going, it will either destroy itself wil pointless warfare, depleat the earth with thoughtless consumption, or (slim chance) WISE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hows this:
"The world is changed, some say Awakened.
Today, in 2053, the world is radically different from that of our great-grandfathers. Where once powerful nations dominated the globe, threatening each other with suden nuclear annihilation, many smaller autonomous nations exist, and corporations have overtaken the superpowers' once immense authority. Our science and technology, too, set us apart, with current levels making previous advances look like a childs expiriment with a science kit.
But that is not all that divides our age irrivocably from the past, for magic has emerged again on earth, and we live in an Awakened world."

hehehe...that is taken from Shadowrun 2nd edition rulebook.
fun stuff
anyhow part of it makes sense. already huge companys/corporations control large parts of the world in a way.
makes you think

thats my rant
ta_wil

======================================

Old Post Oct-29-2001 02:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ta_wilson Click here to Send ta_wilson a Private Message Add ta_wilson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kia Kaha
Feelin' irie

quote:
Originally posted by Ur Dream Grl

hi firestarter...AGAIN... I suppose you havent really been reading my posts... so let me make it clear to you as I mentioned in the first post....

Ok.. can you read now??.. NOTICE how I mentioned that those were my predicitions.. and not to anyone TAKE IT PERSONAL.. but of course thats too much to ask huh?? again.. IT IS NOT LIKE IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

oh by the way.. they havent made just one prototype... they already made 6 of them.. the first one was biult in 1962...
and AGAIN.. I sounds to me that you didnt read my last post when I mentioned that "a lot of people will own flying cars in 20 years... I NEVER SAID "EVERYONE WILL HAVE FLYING CARS IN 20 YEARS"..the reason i said that is because they are gonna cost a lot of money that only super starts or the queen of england will afford one...just like a lof of superstars own their private jets or planes nowadays...

and as to your concern in crashing and "roads in the sky" and "signs
in the air".. IF airplanes dont have them.. why would flying cars need them???not to mention technology is going to be way more advanced...

do you need me to ANSWER ANYMORE OF YOUR QUESTIONS??

xoxo Ur Dream Grl

Finally a thread I know something about

ABT and Dream Grl you can buy one tomorrow if you want ... check it out http://www.moller.com/skycar

My old boss, who's a retired air force fighter pilot and airline training captain, was involved in designing the Skycar and he's actually flown the thing a few times, I've had a couple of chats about it over a few pints with him. It is real, it is way cool, and they are very serious about what they are going to do.

The technology is totally sorted, the only thing that's holding them back from full production is investment and economy of scale. If they only build a few, they'd cost millions each to recoup the cost of the tooling and investment. If they could guarantee to build a few hundred thousand of them though, they'd cost about as much as any other sports car.

Anyway firestarter the air traffic management is not even an issue, they'd just do exactly what they do with airplanes already which is make everyone who's going in the same direction travel at the same height. Like, if you're heading east you travel at 3,000 feet, if you're going west you travel at 4,000 feet and so on. As well as that, everyone who flies in busy airspace is required to have a radar gadget called a transponder on board, that constantly transmits your position. (It also shows up your position on air traffic control radar screens, the WTC hijackers turned it off in their hijacked aircraft which is why it took so long for everyone to work out what it was they were doing). Other planes around you with the same kit, can detect your position, calculate your flight path, work out whether it's going to conflict and advise you whether to turn left, right, up or down etc to avoid. It's dead easy to use, and trust me I feel a damn sight safer using those things than I do trying to navigate the Honda home on the motorway after work every day ...

It's definitely going to happen and probably a lot sooner than 20 years, can't wait myself

Insert partially dressed bimbo here
Select auto placement of your little Gatecrasher lion left/right/top/bottom
----------
List your 100 top DJs / producers / clubs here
Add URL for your latest dodgy fruity loops production here

Old Post Oct-29-2001 11:26  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Kia Kaha Click here to Send Kia Kaha a Private Message Add Kia Kaha to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Firestarter
trancEaddict in JAIL

quote:
Originally posted by ABTsportsline

WOOP WOOP!! Moron alert!

Tell me firestarter, how does it feel to get SHUT DOWN by a girl? ...who knows more than you on the subject? ouch.

In fact, i'm going to go buy a flying car in 10 YEARS! whaddaya think of THAT?!! pffft!

heheheh......
-ABT-

First I was not "shut down". I wasn't online that day. I don't put lots of reaserch into "flying" cars like "Ur Dream Grl" did because it is not important to me. I have other things to do in life instead of talking about flying cars all day.SO STOP YHIS STUPED ARGUMENT AND GO BACK TO THE SUBJECT!

ABT SPORTLINE=MORON ALERT! "Buy you're own flying car" hahahahahahah
i'm thiking of that...DAFT BASTARD.... Will they be for sale then???
Do you have $100,000,000 ???

Old Post Oct-29-2001 16:16 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > How will the world have changed in 20 years.?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack from troy roberts set [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackL.S.G. - Risin' (Pads Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread