Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Pages (49): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

quote:
Originally posted by Redd

Few progressive tracks are as hypnotizing and thick as Opera. Easily one of my all time favourites. The closest thing I can think of is Corellian - State of Mind. Also released on Fire.

Old Post Nov-12-2009 14:08  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Cass & Slide were amazing, Opera is a 5 star track.

And man I love Eye Q. Vernon is just another great example from them. Good track.

Old Post Nov-12-2009 14:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Roxy_Cottontail

Great track, but progressive house.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-12-2009 14:14  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Great track, but progressive house.

How do you make the distinction? Is it the vocals, BPM or something else?

Old Post Nov-12-2009 14:54  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

Bullitt - Cried To Dream (Max Graham Remix)

amazing track. this is what I call trance. progressive, moody, mesmerizing and uplifting.

it can be argued what 'real' trance is. for me it has to put you in a trance state (progressive) and then give you goosebumps (uplifting). so for me "real" trance is a mixture of progressive and uplifting. some people will probably say that these two things are separate. but this max graham remix pulls it off nicely.

trance is a state first and foremost.

it is also the name for the best type of electronic music. no matter what your definition of that exactly is... its gonna depend on you. and what pushes your buttons.

Last edited by rubez on Nov-12-2009 at 15:17

Old Post Nov-12-2009 14:58  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
How do you make the distinction? Is it the vocals, BPM or something else?

Historical knowledge. I'll grant it sounds quite a bit like progressive trance, but it's from 1994 and prog trance didn't exist in 1994. It sounds like a lot of prog house records from that era that were played in prog house sets by prog house DJs.

Old Post Nov-12-2009 15:09  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

quote:
Historical knowledge. I'll grant it sounds quite a bit like progressive trance, but it's from 1994 and prog trance didn't exist in 1994. It sounds like a lot of prog house records from that era that were played in prog house sets by prog house DJs.

I'm quite sure the version he linked to in the video is the 1996 version of Ajare. It's not as flat as the 1994 version and have a more punch to it.

Old Post Nov-12-2009 15:50  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Simon Be-at.tv
tranceaddict

so much music... so little time!

Old Post Nov-12-2009 16:39  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Simon Be-at.tv Click here to Send Simon Be-at.tv a Private Message Visit Simon Be-at.tv's homepage! Add Simon Be-at.tv to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by RebeL9
I'm quite sure the version he linked to in the video is the 1996 version of Ajare. It's not as flat as the 1994 version and have a more punch to it.

Maybe they remastered it a bit, but the version in the video is practically identical to the 1994 version.

Old Post Nov-12-2009 16:54  England
Roxy_Cottontail
tranceaddict in training

quote:

So, it sounds like trance, but its not? ok then

Old Post Nov-12-2009 18:30  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Roxy_Cottontail Click here to Send Roxy_Cottontail a Private Message Add Roxy_Cottontail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
montana
dub come save me

apart some of the great from the examples posted here.

this. http://www.discogs.com/Ben-Liebrand.../release/790501
ben liebrand's modular 1.

edit:
also this:
http://www.discogs.com/Pink-Elln--A...e/release/97767

Old Post Nov-12-2009 18:46  Syria
Click Here to See the Profile for montana Click here to Send montana a Private Message Visit montana's homepage! Add montana to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Roxy_Cottontail
So, it sounds like trance, but its not? ok then

Well, it sounds more like Stress Records-esque prog house from 1994 than it does like trance in 1994. But that era of prog house had a big influence on late-90s trance, which is why people confuse them.

Old Post Nov-12-2009 19:39  England

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (49): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackidentification plz [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKasai - Passion [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread