Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

That is the good stuff indeed. One of very few sets that I know that include one of my personal favourites - [106] Lucien Foort - Vivid Skies.
I can see why Sasha now feels things got pitched up a bit much at the time - Xpander on steroids in the encore.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 17:48  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Okay, but hearthis:

fucking nice share bro! amazing!! Can't seem to find this on soundcloud though. I have all my Sasha sets organized on their site.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 20:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

It's not available through soundcloud at present.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 20:56  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
One of very few sets that I know that include one of my personal favourites - [106] Lucien Foort - Vivid Skies.

Really needed to correct that spelling, huh?

Like I've said before, I 100% agree with you, Foort's contributions are criminally underrated. 'Vivid Skies' is great, but my favourite has to be:

Old Post Sep-24-2020 21:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Really needed to correct that spelling, huh?

It's almost as bad as encountering "Klienenberg".

Old Post Sep-25-2020 09:07  Netherlands
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I'd say Klienenberg is much worse. There are multiple famous people named 'Lucian,' at least.

Old Post Sep-25-2020 11:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

If anyone wants to listen to a set by The Man Like but slightly older than the stuff Moss is looking for, this one below comes *very* highly recommended. Great quality for a recording taken from old tapes, too.

I have it listed as 'Live @ Pure, The Strand Theater, Marietta, GA 8-2-96', which I suppose makes sense if it was a Liquid Groove event at the Strand, Marietta being an Atlanta suburb (I think).

Old Post Sep-27-2020 11:52  Netherlands
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Nothing wrong with '96. I do think prog went through a bit of a dip in quality and relevance in the mid-90s but there was still plenty of good music going around. This is when Sasha & Digweed became more overtly trancey than housey.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Sep-27-2020 17:59  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

I'd be much obliged if someone could help me get a copy of 1999-07 - Danny Howells & Rowan Blades @ The Fez Club Cambridge. Not sure if this has circulated at all, but it's listed on the mixesdb database with a partial tracklist. Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of what they played (though good to see a Son Kite track of that era feature in non-psy context), but it would be a nice addition to the classic prog archives..

Old Post Sep-28-2020 08:27  Netherlands
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Nothing wrong with '96. I do think prog went through a bit of a dip in quality and relevance in the mid-90s but there was still plenty of good music going around. This is when Sasha & Digweed became more overtly trancey than housey.

Blame BT/今 Ima/Perfecto, imo

I prefer 1997, but 1996 is pretty good, too. I'm actually listening to that epic 6 hour Sasha @ Mark Hunt Labor Day set today. Definitely a more trancey than housey set.

Old Post Sep-28-2020 14:14 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
01. [000] Cardigans - Your New Cuckoo (Ian Pooley's Super Stereo Mix)
02. [004] Tilt - Seduction Of Orpheus
03. [011] Nalin & Kane - Talkin' About
04. [016] Nalin & Kane - Talkin' About (Resistance D remix)
05. [022] Fathers of Sound - Waters (F.O.S. Untouchable Dub)
06. [026] Mara - Orinoco
07. [033] ID
08. [037] Miro - Paradise (Red Jerry's Longdubbyvocal Mix)
09. [046] Pilgrimage - Land Of Ecstasy (Junior Vasquez Remix)
10. [051] World Tour - Chopper
11. [056] Junk Project - Composure
12. [061] Kobyashi - Release (Dub Mix)
13. [066] Three Drives On A Vinyl - Greece 2000
14. [072] Marco Zaffarano - The Band
15. [079] Taucher - Waters (Forth's Secrets Of The Deep)
16. [084] Pako & Frederik - Steel Blue
17. [088] Arrakis - Medusa (Part Two) (Evolution Dub)
18. [095] Arrakis - Medusa (Part One)
19. [102] Ylem - Cascade
20. [109] Strada - CS1
21. [115] Junk Project - Disciple
22. [120] Generation X - Kooky Ballerina (Digital Blonde's Peroxide Mix)
23. [127] Dea-Li - Calling The Angels (DJ Taucher Club Remix)
24. [136] Quietman - The Sleeper (Man With No Name Remix)
25. [143] Binary Finary - 1998
26. [150] Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive (Andy Ling Remix)
27. [157] Sasha - Rabbitweed
28. [165] Jez & Choopie - Yim (Hybrid's Sunrise Remix)
29. [170] BT - Flaming June (Chicane Remix)
30. [176] Alanis Morissette - Forgive Me (Hybrid Remix)

Old Post Sep-30-2020 09:31 
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Not too shabby. We'll need to get #7 IDed. Sounds a bit Dutch, doesn't it?

Old Post Sep-30-2020 10:37  Netherlands

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid this track from a DJ promo please! [2004] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGroove Foundation F - "That Feeling" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread