Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > This has been weighing on my mind…..
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

This has been weighing on my mind…..

How often do you people vacuum?

Old Post Jan-27-2024 18:29  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Once a week. My apartment has a wall full of holes (cobogó), so dust and dirt gets inside all the time. The breeze is quite good though, so I guess that's the price to pay.

Last edited by Lira on Jan-27-2024 at 23:11

Old Post Jan-27-2024 23:06  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

I increased frequency of vacuuming but the satisfaction has not went up with it. Seeing debris on the rug is annoying though

Old Post Jan-28-2024 17:20  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

My flat has wooden floors all the way through which is much less forgiving of dirt being brought in on your shoes than carpets are. My bedroom also generates bales of grey-blue fluff on an industrial scale, presumably from my disintegrating clothes. As a result, I feel like I need to vacuum in this place far more often than anywhere I've lived previously. Perhaps that's because until now there's always been a woman doing it before I noticed, though.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-28-2024 21:10  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

We have a relatively big house, two cats, and we've both got long hair, but we still only vacuum once a week. It sometimes shows, but we don't get a lot of guests, so it's ok. We have a central vacuum cleaner, which is nice for not having to lug a vacuum after you in the house, but taking a 10 meter hose out just to clean away some cat hair is a big hassle. I've been thinking of getting one of those battery-powered Dysons you can attach on a wall. It's so easy to just grab it and do a bit of vacuuming every day. In my childhood home we used to clean (vacuum, mop, and take out the carpets) two times a week, but I have no interest in doing that. Life's just too short.

Old Post Jan-29-2024 12:10  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

Every other week....

we have a cleaning service so its part of their list

Old Post Jan-29-2024 12:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Every other week we have a cleaning service clean our entire house. We vacuum more as needed since we have cats, but generally we leave it for the cleaners.

Old Post Jan-29-2024 14:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I feel like I need to vacuum in this place far more often than anywhere I've lived previously. Perhaps that's because until now there's always been a woman doing it before I noticed, though.

Lol, I have a WhatsApp chat of ladies that would love to hear this. It's informally titled "Why Are Men?"

Old Post Jan-29-2024 14:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

I’m at twice a week but it makes me angry anytime there is dust, I think going down to omce a week sounds like the right call

Old Post Jan-29-2024 16:46  Norfolk Island
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

The bigger question. How often do you wash your bed sheets? We're once every 2 weeks.

Old Post Jan-29-2024 18:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I'm going to have two different answers to this, given 6 months apart. Here is answer 1 while I live in a single family household:

Once a week, generally. The most difficult part is that I have to pick up everything first, and anyone who has small children knows that they leave all their crap everywhere constantly. Literally the first thing my kids do when they see a clean floor is grab a bucket full of magnetic letters, or cars, or Legos, or dolls, and dump them all out on the floor. Surprisingly enough they can get to anywhere from 3-6 buckets in under 2 minutes, so I don't get to enjoy my clean house for long. I try, honestly, to make them clean up their stuff before bedtime, but having a son on the spectrum is challenging enough. His behavioral issues are so awful that it's usually just easier for me to help him clean or to do most of it. Go figure I'd be the awful parent who vacuumed up his favorite tiny foam shape. Stbx wife doesn't do a fucking lick of cleaning.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jan-30-2024 00:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Oooof yeah that does sound challenging! I think the lord or who/whatever knew I wouldn't be equipped to parent a neurodivergent child or whatever fuckin buzz word it is nowadays lol.

Our kid picks up and puts away all her own shit. First rule is that she doesn't have a ton of shit to begin with (we loosely follow Montessori principles about toys/games/stuff). Second rule is, when she doesn't take care of her stuff, it shows us it's not that important to her, and we will just get rid of it, or it's time to donate/give away some stuff.

More generally though, this entire house follows the "place for everything and everything in it's place" rule.

I hate cluttered spaces and disorganization. I'm super physically in tune with my living space and I notice any and everything encroaching upon it.

That said, our kid also has her own playroom, in the basement, so we don't even have to see her stuff....because I also can't stand when kids' shit is everywhere. We're fortunate to have the space for it.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Jan-30-2024 at 16:03

Old Post Jan-30-2024 13:20 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > This has been weighing on my mind…..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease ID [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMiller & Floyd - "Colours" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread