Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Joined some friends and took our little family to the Los Angeles Museum of Science and History. Had a lot of fun. Just kind of let her run around play with all the science stuff. Ended the day with some ice cream and running around the park.

Dude , I love that place.

They have the real space shuttle there and I was basically 9 years old again the moment I got in that room. The dinos are cool but if you're (Er, I mean your kids) in to that you need to go to London for the Natural History museum.

Old Post May-28-2019 19:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I don't think that's true re: necessity of siblings. You cannot guarantee how siblings will relate to and get along with one another, even if you will be pro at helping them navigate their relationship.

Humans have learned to socialize since the dawn of our time without daycares, preschools, as only children or one of many, and so on. Only children do just fine.

Old Post May-28-2019 19:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

2 is exponentially harder! It is cool seeing them interact the last 2 weeks...ya been 2 weeks.

we have been setting up play dates with people from our Tri club. There is a group of 4 or so with kids within a year of each other. So we have our older one playing with 2 others and then there are 2 others that are stationary. We did notice a difference when she started going to day care, so I think school will fill that sibling void.

Old Post May-30-2019 01:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Dude , I love that place.

They have the real space shuttle there and I was basically 9 years old again the moment I got in that room. The dinos are cool but if you're (Er, I mean your kids) in to that you need to go to London for the Natural History museum.

yeah! it was pretty dope! I recall going there for one of our company christmas parties (our CEO is on the board) and we were all getting drunk next to the shuttle. What I really thought was cool and surprising was that they had the space command modules (or whatever they're called). I was surprised how little room that astronauts had in there.

Definitely bringing her back! Daddy has to try one of those burritos in the food court too

Old Post May-30-2019 15:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mebot
Maverick

Yo congrats on the new addition Boomer! Hope you, kid and mom are doing well and hope you can get some sleep when you can. I don't have kids but I imagine they don't let you sleep much.

Old Post May-31-2019 19:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mebot Click here to Send Mebot a Private Message Add Mebot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Mebot
Yo congrats on the new addition Boomer! Hope you, kid and mom are doing well and hope you can get some sleep when you can. I don't have kids but I imagine they don't let you sleep much.

Mr. Bot! Thanks man, we are all well. They let you sleep, but for very brief periods of time.

Since he is sleeping now and I am making a bad choice of staying awake I'll describe a typical night. I wake when he cries, undress him to his diaper, and then hand to momma for milk. I snooze for about 30 mins and when he's done I change and dress him and put him to sleep...and then I go back to sleep. He wakes around 12, 2:30-3, 5-6am. So that is like 5 or 6 hours of interrupted sleep. Mainly feels like jet lag. But we are lucky he actually sleeps when he should. Most parents are up way more!

Old Post Jun-03-2019 02:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Another successful potty use!

Old Post Jun-03-2019 23:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

I wish I had the mental and physical strength to have a child of my own. I wonder what's it like to see your son or daughter come into this world for the first time.

Here's a round of cranberry cocktail juice on Boomer for his 2nd child.

Old Post Jun-04-2019 03:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Hides in Shadow
I wonder what's it like to see your son or daughter come into this world for the first time.

It's even more of a trip when your child is a spitting image of your significant other, lol. So often my mind is blown, thinking, "This is my child? This is my child!" Someone so connected to you yet so much their own person, it's heavy in the best way. Just in awe watching her become who she is!

Old Post Jun-04-2019 17:24 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
It's even more of a trip when your child is a spitting image of your significant other, lol. So often my mind is blown, thinking, "This is my child? This is my child!" Someone so connected to you yet so much their own person, it's heavy in the best way. Just in awe watching her become who she is!

Hmm, quite difficult for me to put that into perspective since I don't have any children but yeah I see what you mean. I think life has it trials and my beginning was quite rough but I still came through and saw what life has to offer. At this point I'm trying my best to take advantage from the mistakes I made in the past and putting effort in making a better world for myself and others.

Old Post Jun-04-2019 18:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Ideally that's what we all are/should be doing. Personal growth isn't a final destination, it's a lifelong journey.

Old Post Jun-04-2019 19:09 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Ideally that's what we all are/should be doing. Personal growth isn't a final destination, it's a lifelong journey.

Note taken, agreed

Imo, this saying from Napoleon is somehow forming around me, "Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness." I don't want to go into great detail how that quote resembles my tribulations because that info is quite personal to me. I think life is is to precious to be wasted in manner of speaking.

Old Post Jun-04-2019 19:44  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWhat's the add-on to 'For an Angel'??? Or: Kristina and Julia's milksong [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStimulant DJ's - "Are You Serious" (Paul Glazby Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread