Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > World Cup 2022 Thread
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Ronaldo would have been glued to the bench

Old Post Dec-15-2022 04:50  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
the world is in their debt for eliminating the portuguese

You are making sense again

I hope Mbappé makes France world champion just to see that man-child Messi cry.

Old Post Dec-15-2022 10:05  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Well I love the guy. The first time I ever saw him play was February 2006 when Barcelona played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. He hit the crossbar with an outrageous shot and got Asier Del Horno sent off and everyone watching knew he was going to be special. In almost 17 years since then, nobody has given me more joy from watching football than Messi. An Argentine journalist once wrote that watching him play football makes you "nostalgic for the present", a sense that you're witnessing something very rare that one day will be gone. He has done so many things with a football that you instantly know you'll never forget watching. I'd love to see him lift that ugly chunk of gold on Sunday and cap off an incredible career. Where the fuck did the last 17 years go, eh?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-15-2022 13:16  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
You are making sense again

I hope Mbappé makes France world champion just to see that man-child Messi cry.

interesting. i don't feel that way about argentina, but i wouldn't want brazil or uruguay to win along with the aforementioned portuguese and italians. i usually cheer for the team who cries less.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Well I love the guy. The first time I ever saw him play was February 2006 when Barcelona played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. He hit the crossbar with an outrageous shot and got Asier Del Horno sent off and everyone watching knew he was going to be special. In almost 17 years since then, nobody has given me more joy from watching football than Messi. An Argentine journalist once wrote that watching him play football makes you "nostalgic for the present", a sense that you're witnessing something very rare that one day will be gone. He has done so many things with a football that you instantly know you'll never forget watching. I'd love to see him lift that ugly chunk of gold on Sunday and cap off an incredible career. Where the fuck did the last 17 years go, eh?

i think i've last felt like that with zidane, but that may have come from the french beating the italians in euro long ago. i'd be fine with argentina winning. it feels like messi will need another performance like he had against croatia for them to have a chance. but then again, the french might make boneheaded decisions or be complacent.

Old Post Dec-15-2022 15:46  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

16 years later, and once again France face Italy in the final

I have no horse in this race though. On the one hand, I'd love to see a French dynasty brewing, matching our back-to-back record from more than half a century ago. On the other, it's been ages since Argentina last won a cup, just as they had gone 18 years without winning a Copa América. It's unfortunate that they'll be tricked into thinking Messi is the greatest of all time... but they used to think it was Maradona, so no real changes there, heh. Besides, it may even rekindle our rivalry, which might not be at all a bad thing.
quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
interesting. i don't feel that way about argentina, but i wouldn't want brazil or uruguay to win along with the aforementioned portuguese and italians. i usually cheer for the team who cries less.

We can't help it, it's cultural

Old Post Dec-15-2022 18:33  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

In all perfect honesty, I don't think either of these teams are that great. Thanks to their injuries, the France of 2022 don't look as good as the France of 2018. They don't look as good as Germany 2014 or Spain 2010 either. They've done just enough in the big games without ever dazzling. This Argentina team is nowhere close to the ones I grew up watching either.

The larger story of this World Cup has been that the big nations haven't really turned up. Belgium, Germany, Spain, Portugal and Brazil have all underperformed, all of them losing games they should have won. There's been a paucity of top tier matches between big sides. England - France was the only I've watched where the level was on par with top-level European club football. It's been a great tournament for the underdogs, but not a great tournament for anyone wanting to see the best football.

But in some ways, that's the way international football has been going for a while. As the transfer market has become more globalised and the rich European clubs ever more wealthy, club teams have been able to assemble the very best players from around the globe who play together every single week. The best football has been in the UEFA Champions League for years now, not international tournaments. The World Cup is essential viewing not so much because it's the best football you can find. A lot of the games are grindingly tense, low-scoring, decided by penalties. But that's what makes it compulsive entertainment: because the stakes are so incredibly high, and even elite sportsmen crack under that kind of pressure.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-15-2022 20:08  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

unfortunately, champions league moved to DAZN here and it's no longer on cable. it must have been years since i've been able to watch. i can't arbitrarily pick a European based club to cheer for and MLS just doesn't cut it. World & Euro cup is the best i can watch.

Old Post Dec-16-2022 01:26  Norfolk Island
rdevito
Controlling Paradox

Let's fucking go, Messi.

Old Post Dec-16-2022 04:28  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for rdevito Click here to Send rdevito a Private Message Add rdevito to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Hey Harry, that's how you take a penalty.

Old Post Dec-18-2022 15:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Whether that should've been a penalty is a different story.

Old Post Dec-18-2022 15:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Well, I think this means EA Sports got it right once again.

Old Post Dec-18-2022 15:38  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Whether that should've been a penalty is a different story.

It should - I thought that was a stupid move on the defender's part, since he ought to know Di María is going to seize the opportunity of getting a penalty kick out of it if he can, and when DM got past him he should have kept his hands to himself as even a minor push is surely going to lead to a penalty kick.

Old Post Dec-18-2022 15:45  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > World Cup 2022 Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackold house tune [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNat Monday - "Waiting" (Jay Welsh Black Ice Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread