Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Jon the dentist female pseudonym DJ mix?
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Jon the dentist female pseudonym DJ mix?

Does anyone recall the thread where Jon The Dentist posted a DJ mix as a fake female to prove some mad point?

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post Jul-18-2022 10:10  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yes I do. I accidentally started that enormous ego meltdown by not realising he was THE Jon The Dentist. Back in the day it wasn't uncommon for random people to use artist names as their TA username.

The useless wanker turned up on my Facebook feed recently for some reason. He's not given up just yet.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-18-2022 10:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Swamper, please turn the search back on, for fuck's sake. You've got 20 years of trance history and hilarity sat on your server and nobody can find any of it. I can't even search my own post history anymore.

Old Post Jul-18-2022 10:35  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

Can't remember what year it was but all I remember him saying was that a TA user was not on his level (just paraphrasing)

Old Post Jul-18-2022 13:26  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Mattsanity is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Well, I just did a Google search for "Jon the Dentist tranceaddict" and this came up:

https://tranceaddict.com/forums/sho...=1#.YtVogHbMLb0

It's not as efficient as search enabled within the site I'm sure, but it prob wouldn't require THAT much effort to find what you're looking for.

Old Post Jul-18-2022 14:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Also man, wtf happened to Eddie Zilker? Lol some great posts by him.

"I can hear his fingers squeezing the fuck out of the spindle to keep a transition in line. What sounds like vain attempts at scratching herald a near collapse of rhythmic structure as he weasels his way out of a pending train-wreck with an almost panicked reflex. The subsequent transition is rushed. I can hear the wheels turning, Shit! He's sweating after he fucked up the drop trying to show off for a Spanish chick eying the decks. Should not have tried that. He shakes his head, looks over at the next record. FADER SLAM!

"FUCK!" He thinks he might have said that part, aloud. He's not sure. What's real? He looks up. The Spanish girl is gone. Fucking hot and he should have had the easy lay. He's tapped on the shoulder. "WHAT!" He shouts, feigning that it's too loud. Really, he's fucking pissed. Paying too much attention to turning down the bass on one channel while neglecting the on-coming train, which is faintly playing in the back-ground.

"Time's up, mate." He looks up. The floor's halved what it used to be. ******s want trance, huh? It's only fifteen minutes into his set and the bloke who poked him in the shoulder seems to have disappeared. The crowd's not buying the fader slips during the break on the miraculously appearing "Searching for the Answers".

Some dance, pathetically, and the tune is just as anemic. Another awkward transition out. A huge lumbering oaf with crates comes into view, along with the poker, returning to the booth. "TWO MORE!", the poker shouts at him, pointing to his watch. More fader slams, fader slips, and poor reveals infest the set and, the last thing he needs - a song with a fucking break in it. Just gate the fader.

This isn't working, Jon thinks to himself. "How's it sound?" Jon asked the poking bloke. The poker looks at him as though he's crazy. He couldn't have just asked that. Jon repeats himself. Jon is crazy and the poker guy, who Jon was told the name of right before he forgot it, just wants to stop the bleeding on the dance floor.

"It was great, fucking awesome but the head-liner's early." Thank God, the poker bloke thinks. The last minute, we got someone to come in early. Jon's not paying attention. Out of record, he starts the last transition, too soon. It's almost out of record, but it could have gotten really nasty.

Headliner? Jon thinks to himself, sullenly putting his records back into their crate and buckling things up. I thought I was the fucking headliner.

Almost all All Hard House. Only 30 Minutes. All fucked up."

Old Post Jul-18-2022 14:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Well, I just did a Google search for "Jon the Dentist tranceaddict" and this came up:

https://tranceaddict.com/forums/sho...=1#.YtVogHbMLb0

It's not as efficient as search enabled within the site I'm sure, but it prob wouldn't require THAT much effort to find what you're looking for.

That's all well and good in this case, but try Googling "Nou beatdown tranceaddict" and finding the specific lynching you're after.

Old Post Jul-18-2022 14:43  England
Silky Johnson

Lol yes I get it.

Old Post Jul-18-2022 14:46 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Re: Jon the dentist female pseudonym DJ mix?

quote:
Originally posted by jonthedentist
I had a listen and I thought it was terrific because it was fun - reminded me of the upstairs room at trade or heaven ( not that any of these guys would know those places!) I wouldn't worry about all the technical mumbo jumbo you read, when you're in a club and spinning out you'll find your demeanour behind the decks willcarry a lot of weight - believe me if anyone comes up to you moaning about "transitions" in a club then they are pretty sad and don't realise why they should be going out - TO HAVE FUN! Of course if any of this lot actually span out anywhere they'd know that! Keep it up Lucy you have a future! X

quote:
Originally posted by lucy_kitten
wow - the jtd omg - my brother knows you (You djd with him in Canada) I'll pm you. thanks everyone for your comments and cheers jon i think djing should be fun and theyre the djs i like to club to. I doubt anyone ever didn't dance or left one of your sets from what my brother was always saying.

Classic

Old Post Jul-18-2022 16:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

BAHAHAHA what a sad twat.

Old Post Jul-18-2022 16:26 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

He really was quite pathetic, to be honest.

Old Post Jul-18-2022 19:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Jon the fucking Dentist, lol. I have a bunch of PMs from him having a big moan about everyone getting stuck into him in DJ Promo, and threatening legal action when a few people started fucking with his Wiki page. Good times

Old Post Jul-18-2022 22:34  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Jon the dentist female pseudonym DJ mix?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFerry Corsten Live at Impulz 17-2-2001 [2002] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBumbling Loons - Rumbling Toon (Evolution Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread