Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Anyone remember that Moby thread ?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LoveHate

Anyone remember that Moby thread ?

I remember there was a thread where a fellow ta detailed his experience attending a yoga festival in canada and Moby was the headliner. Except the whole thing went left , because Moby played banging techno with his hands flapping in the air the entire time to a crowd full of mainly 60 year old yogis

it was the equivalent of Marilyn Manson headlining a Christian music festival from what I remember, but I would love to read that thread against just for the giggles ,I can't find it with my searches

Old Post Mar-28-2022 00:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

What year and was it in c0r?

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Mar-29-2022 17:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper

Give us back the real forum search, not the pathetic Google substitute.

Old Post Apr-01-2022 02:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A

agreed!

the search function here is worse then clubplant

Old Post Apr-01-2022 03:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:

I am not going to lie to you , it could be anytime from the last 15 years, I just had this random flashback , and I know the thread existed.

Old Post Apr-02-2022 02:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mebot
Maverick

Re: Anyone remember that Moby thread ?

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
I remember there was a thread where a fellow ta detailed his experience attending a yoga festival in canada and Moby was the headliner. Except the whole thing went left , because Moby played banging techno with his hands flapping in the air the entire time to a crowd full of mainly 60 year old yogis

it was the equivalent of Marilyn Manson headlining a Christian music festival from what I remember, but I would love to read that thread against just for the giggles ,I can't find it with my searches

I don't recall the thread itself, but the story sounds absolutely bonkers!

Old Post Apr-03-2022 01:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mebot Click here to Send Mebot a Private Message Add Mebot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A

Can't. Was made that way a long time ago to prevent losers from (easily) doxxing ppl's past. One of the reasons I never allowed Google to cache threads.

I may turn it back on for certain users but en masse it's not happening.

Old Post Apr-05-2022 03:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I remember a thread where someone saw Moby at a festival and he was really really shit. In my head this was around the time of the £DM explosion and Moby obviously thought going to complete musical shit was the way to capture the zeitgeist. Good luck finding it though - I had a game attempt yesterday afternoon instead of doing any work and found some entertaining old threads in MD, but nothing on Moby.

quote:
Can't. Was made that way a long time ago to prevent losers from (easily) doxxing ppl's past. One of the reasons I never allowed Google to cache threads.

I may turn it back on for certain users but en masse it's not happening.

Given there's only about 20 of us left, can you just turn it back on for everyone who's active? Seems ridiculous that we can't look back on a forum that is now mainly a historical archive because some idiots were naive enough to share all their personal info 15 years ago.

EDIT: "£DM" was a completely accidental typo, but it's funny enough for me to leave as it is.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Apr-06-2022 at 09:24

Old Post Apr-06-2022 09:17  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I saw Moby at a party here in 2014. He was definitely wtf shit. Dated sounding mainstream crap. Probably one of the most disappointing experiences I've had.

Old Post Apr-06-2022 10:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Also HAHAHA mannnn we were/are so funny as a group. I miss Nou pile ons. Lol.

https://tranceaddict.com/forums/sho...s=#.Yk1p07cpCh8

Old Post Apr-06-2022 10:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I saw Moby at a party here in 2014. He was definitely wtf shit. Dated sounding mainstream crap. Probably one of the most disappointing experiences I've had.

was that the winter fest at ontario place? i saw him there and he was the worst act I've ever seen in my life. taking his shirt off and screaming in the cold. fuck that guy.

side note: they didn't let me at first so i bought a hotdog and said look I'm sober now and then they let me in

Old Post Apr-07-2022 22:38  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Oddly, I've only ever heard Moby once and it was by total chance @ Ultra 2011.

It was one of my fave party moments that year...captured in this vid from 1:45-2:05. I had just walked into the tent at the time and ppl were going off! The set was surprisingly good and my brand new camera at the time actually delivered great video clarity + decent audio considering the bass was nuts.

Old Post Apr-08-2022 02:43  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Anyone remember that Moby thread ?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul van Dyk/Armin Playlisted... easy one! [2007] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackModulation - "Spirits" (CosmicMan Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread