Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs 2007 Results
Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
Originally posted by Clublifexx
Gotta hand it to TA's (especially the quiet ones), far more accurate than other lists.
wait are you saying that something like ;

1.Armin
2.Pvd
3.Tiesto
4.Sander van Doorn
5.Above & Beyond

is more accurate than something like;

1.Danny Howells
2.Rowan Blades
3.James Zabiela
4.Hernan Cattaneo
5.Desyn Masiello

???

Old Post Oct-20-2007 06:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Moss
Supreme tranceaddict

seriously? that many ppl on this forum voted for armin and pvd?

Old Post Oct-20-2007 07:08  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Moss Click here to Send Mr Moss a Private Message Add Mr Moss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
16YearOlTerror
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid

1.Armin
2.Pvd
3.Tiesto
4.Sander van Doorn
5.Above & Beyond

1.Danny Howells
2.Rowan Blades
3.James Zabiela
4.Hernan Cattaneo
5.Desyn Masiello

???

well you gotta understand is tranceaddict not proghouseaddict, and most people come here to check out when the latest parties are a small portion actually discuss music.

Old Post Oct-20-2007 07:11  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for 16YearOlTerror Click here to Send 16YearOlTerror a Private Message Add 16YearOlTerror to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clublifexx
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid

1.Armin
2.Pvd
3.Tiesto
4.Sander van Doorn
5.Above & Beyond

1.Danny Howells
2.Rowan Blades
3.James Zabiela
4.Hernan Cattaneo
5.Desyn Masiello

???

Yessir. If we are on TRANCE addict, most definitely...If we are on HOUSE addict, certainly not.
Yes many people have said this before and hit some nasty responses defending house/techno/tribal/elecro/progalicious (that's for u cribby) stuff, but I have never knocked any other music. I like it all, and attend all the events. I simply feel that trance is a misrepresented entity especially with TOTA's...based on comments, it is the 9th best music and knocked hard by many....Based on votes, seems it's still # 1.

Old Post Oct-20-2007 07:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Clublifexx Click here to Send Clublifexx a Private Message Add Clublifexx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CleverName
mep

May I be the first (I think) to point at that, once again, BT was voted into a top dj list and he is not a dj.

Old Post Oct-20-2007 07:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CleverName Click here to Send CleverName a Private Message Add CleverName to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

23k votes...awesome! Never knew there were that many TA's! We should form our own country or something...

Old Post Oct-20-2007 07:47  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miketg23
Senior tranceaddict

quote:

Yessir. If we are on TRANCE addict, most definitely...If we are on HOUSE addict, certainly not.
Yes many people have said this before and hit some nasty responses defending house/techno/tribal/elecro/progalicious (that's for u cribby) stuff, but I have never knocked any other music. I like it all, and attend all the events. I simply feel that trance is a misrepresented entity especially with TOTA's...based on comments, it is the 9th best music and knocked hard by many....Based on votes, seems it's still # 1.

This is because house fans are typically prententious snobs that feel the need to defend themselves.
This is due to the fact that the top 10, more specifically, top 5, has been dominated by trance djs for several years in a row.

Old Post Oct-20-2007 09:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for miketg23 Click here to Send miketg23 a Private Message Add miketg23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GoSpeedGo!
no more Mr. Nice Guy

quote:
Originally posted by miketg23
This is because house fans are typically prententious snobs that feel the need to defend themselves.

Interesting. From my point of view it seems to be the other way around. The defensive little brats are usually fans of trance and some of them even can't stand the fact there's someone out there who doesn't like the latest tune of the week and even dares to speak about it loud.

Old Post Oct-20-2007 09:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for GoSpeedGo! Click here to Send GoSpeedGo! a Private Message Add GoSpeedGo! to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miketg23
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Interesting. From my point of view it seems to be the other way around. The defensive little brats are usually fans of trance and some of them even can't stand the fact there's someone out there who doesn't like the latest tune of the week and even dares to speak about it loud.

Well TA bragging rights go to trance this year, as you would expect, but I'm guessing the DJ mag results won't be too much different, in the top 10 at least.

Old Post Oct-20-2007 09:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for miketg23 Click here to Send miketg23 a Private Message Add miketg23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
G-Con
aka Greg Nicot

quote:
Originally posted by paulandrews
The defensive little brats are usually fans of trance and some of them even can't stand the fact there's someone out there who doesn't like the latest tune of the week and even dares to speak about it loud.

While I agree with you that this happens a lot, I think it is just as bad or worse if the tables were turned. If someone posted a thread about how much they loved the latest Gui Boratto tune or Trentemoller tune and all the trance heads posted how shit and boring they thought it was, the tech-house/prog/minimal lovers would soon get their knickers in a twist and get very defensive.

Old Post Oct-20-2007 09:34  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for G-Con Click here to Send G-Con a Private Message Visit G-Con's homepage! Add G-Con to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
G-Con
aka Greg Nicot

quote:
Originally posted by alextranceraus
223. Daniel Kandi

WTF, he should be in the top 10!

I assumed this was a joke till I read the thread you posted....idiot

Old Post Oct-20-2007 09:37  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for G-Con Click here to Send G-Con a Private Message Visit G-Con's homepage! Add G-Con to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miketg23
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
While I agree with you that this happens a lot, I think it is just as bad or worse if the tables were turned. If someone posted a thread about how much they loved the latest Gui Boratto tune or Trentemoller tune and all the trance heads posted how shit and boring they thought it was, the tech-house/prog/minimal lovers would soon get their knickers in a twist and get very defensive.

...this is because house fans are generally stuck up people. House parties are loaded with posers, "VIPin" it,
dressing, and pretending to act in a fashion that far exceeds the majority of their modest, at best, salaries.

Last edited by miketg23 on Oct-20-2007 at 10:11

Old Post Oct-20-2007 09:48  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs 2007 Results
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPossible DuMonde to ID [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMoloko – Indigo (Robbie Rivera's Dark Mix) [Echo] [ECSY 104] [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread