Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs 2007 Results
Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
Originally posted by bas
The funniest post in this thread was the one about Howells being a bad producer. That's a good one. You should write ABC's newest sitcom.

Well he's definitely not the greatest, to be honest. JZ is also just getting there yet the guy is unbelievable at the decks.

edt: this whole argument made me realize that the hardest thing to do is to be an amazing producer AND amazing DJ. Only a few people can pull that off from my take, some that come to mind:

James Holden
Ferry Corsten (pre 2007)
Deep Dish (pre 2005ish)

all arguable of course..

Old Post Oct-23-2007 02:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Danny+Howells

Old Post Oct-23-2007 02:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SMC
custom title addict

How many times can element-y post the exact same things with slightly different wording before his head explodes?

Old Post Oct-23-2007 02:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for SMC Click here to Send SMC a Private Message Add SMC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alex
Suck a cheetah's dick

quote:
Originally posted by SMC
How many times can element-y post the exact same things with slightly different wording before his head explodes?

I don't know, I'm beginning to suspect he's a robot though.

Old Post Oct-23-2007 02:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Alex Click here to Send Alex a Private Message Add Alex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
84th Ave.
Deep & Drums

quote:
Originally posted by RJT
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Danny+Howells

yes? he's produced maybe a handful of songs in the past two years, hes got a shit load of DJ mixes that are great,

never said he didn't produce, i said he wasn't the best producer, if you like his productions all the best for you....

Old Post Oct-23-2007 02:59  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for 84th Ave. Click here to Send 84th Ave. a Private Message Add 84th Ave. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

Being a good dj doesnt only mean being able to dominate all the effects and transitions. If your music sucks (to someones opinion), no matter how good you are at turning knobs your overall set vibe is awfull. People dont stay for a dj if the tracks suck but the dj is super smooth with transitions.

"WOW, this is a killer dj. the tracks suck but his transitions are sooo good!"

In order to vote for a dj in a poll you must feel that both the mixing and music works for you and this can lean to one side or another.

And another one that i can never grasp because its so stupid is the fact that as you listen to EDM your taste will change from "basic" music (trance) to smart complex music (tech beats). This is absurd. Taste is taste. Ive been listening to trance and psytrance for around 13 years now. Didnt change the slightest bit, sorry. I feel trance is more oomplex than what you consider to be the advanced EDM because trance is focused on melodies and composition of that. And psytrance to top it all off has unbeatable melodies and beats. So yea, the whole just give it time your a noob to EDM... give me a fucking break.

Let me guess, once you get to the mastery of EDM like yourself, taste in gender also changes huh? You prefer the exit hole all of a sudden.
Grow the fuck up. Taste is a preference for an individual.

ANYWAYS, Eric Prydz in 2 weeks - FUCK YEA! Oh wait, he isnt a skilled dj/producer, and i only like him cause im a noob.

Old Post Oct-23-2007 03:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alex
Suck a cheetah's dick

quote:
Originally posted by element-y
Being a good dj doesnt only mean being able to dominate all the effects and transitions. If your music sucks (to someones opinion), no matter how good you are at turning knobs your overall set vibe is awfull. People dont stay for a dj if the tracks suck but the dj is super smooth with transitions.

"WOW, this is a killer dj. the tracks suck but his transitions are sooo good!"

In order to vote for a dj in a poll you must feel that both the mixing and music works for you and this can lean to one side or another.

And another one that i can never grasp because its so stupid is the fact that as you listen to EDM your taste will change from "basic" music (trance) to smart complex music (tech beats). This is absurd. Taste is taste. Ive been listening to trance and psytrance for around 13 years now. Didnt change the slightest bit, sorry. I feel trance is more oomplex than what you consider to be the advanced EDM because trance is focused on melodies and composition of that. And psytrance to top it all off has unbeatable melodies and beats. So yea, the whole just give it time your a noob to EDM... give me a fucking break.

Let me guess, once you get to the mastery of EDM like yourself, taste in gender also changes huh? You prefer the exit hole all of a sudden.
Grow the fuck up. Taste is a preference for an individual.

ANYWAYS, Eric Prydz in 2 weeks - FUCK YEA! Oh wait, he isnt a skilled dj/producer, and i only like him cause im a noob.

13 years and you're still a retard, it's clear that you didn't move out of the taking 3-6 pills a night phase either.

And wtf are "tech beats", do you have any idea of what you're talking about or do you just enjoy telling stories?

Old Post Oct-23-2007 03:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Alex Click here to Send Alex a Private Message Add Alex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bas
Stronger Lover

quote:
Originally posted by 84th Ave.
Ya? Name some "hot" tracks he has produced recently? and not edited or remixed...

Every other DJs are spinning his productions their so popular it must have slipped my mind

Howells is a WAYYYYYYYYYY better DJ than producer

You said he "sucked" at production...not that he was a better DJ than a producer

Old Post Oct-23-2007 04:10  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

oh please, you're just happy with asot and never had the curiosity or will to look deeper. You're like that 15 year old girl everyone knows, always in love with what's on the radio. Trance doesn't equal Armin.

Old Post Oct-23-2007 04:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bas
Stronger Lover

Old Post Oct-23-2007 04:14  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

Not sure where the relevance in rolling is to this thread - but i have never. And yea, say what you want. There is more to trance than armin.. no shit. There are millions of producers. But its hard to come across all of them isnt it. So in voting, i vote for the ones who ive seen and not just heard dj sets because there is a huge difference between the two. And i voted by the year. This year armin was one of my votes. Not my first, i had him number 5 and above and beyond 4th. And tech beats i just threw out there to stand for anything out of trance melodies you all call stage one of the EDM phases lol.

You all kept saying it wont turn to a music battle, well, here it goes haha started by you all. Congrats. Anything else i should get educated about with preferences in music and my own tastes? Any other phases and stages to evolve from starting to listen to EDM? You guys make me laugh.

As Fez would say, Good Day! Time for schoolwork. Catch up with this fun tomorrow and let you all contiunue to sob how your super bad ass djs didnt make number 1 and how number 1 then is just populairty, etc.

Be interesting to see what would happen if that dj becomes number 1 and people start attacking you saying its just popularity polls and what not.

Old Post Oct-23-2007 05:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

This has gone from mildly amusing to just plain sad.

Old Post Oct-23-2007 13:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs 2007 Results
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown vocal sample [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLoway - "2 Bags Of Grass" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread