Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Anthony Pappa vs. Danny Howells
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

Thanks I'm going to come back to this thread and check out the 2 Anthony Pappa recommendations. Right now though I'm trying to make it all the way through the Danny Howells Final Set @ Arc mix (10.5hrs) without accidentally hitting the skip button in my car. I never made it through before. Always been bits and pieces scattered.

Old Post Aug-12-2021 01:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
FIST PUMP

Interesting to me that a lot of you prefer Pappa to Howells, as I am the opposite (admittedly I never dove far down with Pappa besides his nubreed, balance, and moments mixes).

I hopped on the Howells train around 2002 so I got more of his house style instead of prog. Danny is easily my favorite House DJ and go to so I guess the exposure to him makes it the obvious choice, where as Pappa gets lost among other prog giants like Digweed and Cattaneo.

Anyone else able to recommend some essential Pappa sets?

Okay iv hurd the Album and lemmi tell you guyz.... Tiesto is gono make it back to the top again with these hits. The thing about it is that hes trying 2 bring a new style tho just like he did with Just be and it worked. they songs areunt TOO HIGHT up. but the vocals acaully are the best thing in 2007. The Track Carpe Noctum is like traffic but it hink he could of prefected the shit ouf it. but generalllyy its an amazing album...oh and Ten Seconds Before Sunrise is like Forever today TIMES 12

Last edited by IpLaYWiTLiGhTs on Aug-13-2021 at 23:13

Old Post Aug-13-2021 19:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for IpLaYWiTLiGhTs Click here to Send IpLaYWiTLiGhTs a Private Message Add IpLaYWiTLiGhTs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

I listened to this 5-hour one yesterday throughout the day - would recommend.

Old Post Aug-14-2021 08:17  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

I'm 3/4 through the Howells @ Arc mix. I really dont get how the guy is able to mix that long without making a mistake. I feel like he's either got a trick/system to his blends, he cheated somehow that I haven't conceived of, or he's a beatmatching/blending freak of nature.

Old Post Aug-15-2021 22:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
FIST PUMP

quote:
Originally posted by DanceFloorPoet
I'm 3/4 through the Howells @ Arc mix. I really dont get how the guy is able to mix that long without making a mistake. I feel like he's either got a trick/system to his blends, he cheated somehow that I haven't conceived of, or he's a beatmatching/blending freak of nature.

I've heard/seen Danny make plenty of mistakes. Train wrecks, forgets channel faders are up, etc. I was at one of his birthday gigs and he must've been feeling pretty good because it got a bit sloppy but the track selection was still superb. He's admitted to plenty of dodgey mixes when he shares them and jokingly blames "the ale."

Doesn't take away from his greatness at all.

Okay iv hurd the Album and lemmi tell you guyz.... Tiesto is gono make it back to the top again with these hits. The thing about it is that hes trying 2 bring a new style tho just like he did with Just be and it worked. they songs areunt TOO HIGHT up. but the vocals acaully are the best thing in 2007. The Track Carpe Noctum is like traffic but it hink he could of prefected the shit ouf it. but generalllyy its an amazing album...oh and Ten Seconds Before Sunrise is like Forever today TIMES 12

Old Post Aug-16-2021 03:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for IpLaYWiTLiGhTs Click here to Send IpLaYWiTLiGhTs a Private Message Add IpLaYWiTLiGhTs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

He was a bit loose on a couple of mixes on Saturday, to be honest.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Aug-16-2021 08:54  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

Right I believe that. How do you reckon Final Set @ Arc turned out so smooth in terms of blending? It literally sounds like it was made on a computer.

Old Post Aug-16-2021 11:32  United States
IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
FIST PUMP

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
He was a bit loose on a couple of mixes on Saturday, to be honest.

What's your thoughts on finally seeing Danny live?

Old Post Aug-16-2021 18:40  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

In the end he only had a 90 minute peak time set, so not the best context to judge a DJ known for craft and eclecticism. I thought he was solid without being spectacular. Kept the energy up but didn't play too many big "moments" until the very end of his set. Quivver was more fun and Steve Parry stole the show with the opening set.

Old Post Aug-16-2021 19:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Have a rental that only has a CD player with no straightforward way of playing music off the phone. Kind of annoying, but it's also encouraged me to hunt for CDs and start a new collection. One of the shops I visited here didn't have much in the way of dance music, but I found this double disc at the bottom of a pile. Instant buy because this thread popped into my head. Haven't heard CD 1 yet because I went straight for 2. Really enjoying it.

Old Post Sep-18-2021 09:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've had that one for years, going back to when I was an epic house junkie and would buy anything with the word Jackpot on it. The Bedrock Remix of Intoxication is still a monster.

Old Post Sep-18-2021 10:46  England
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Update: managed to see Danny again at the weekend in Liverpool, on one of the most pulverising sound systems I've ever heard. Thought he was much, much better this time. Started out housey and happy, ratcheted it up with some techy builders and then became driving and melodic in the second half. Really good stuff, and his mixing was super smooth.

Old Post Nov-22-2021 17:03  England

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Anthony Pappa vs. Danny Howells
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackgreat song!!!.listen it, pleaseee.enjoyt it!!!. [2002] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFuture Breeze - Temple of Dreams (Electrique Boutique Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread