Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > "Trance Is Back—and It’s No Joke"
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by llliiillliiilll
Can you guys recommend mix examples of current trance being played. The only mix that I have that is in the similar vein discussed here is the Job Jobse essential mix from last year

There's a thread I made literally just below this one packed with sets and individual tunes.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-18-2023 06:00  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cobalt
Trance Isn't Trance

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Also, something that's only briefly hinted at in this article is something I'm noticing about Gen Z which is being reflected in the emerging generation of Gen Z clubbers, producers and DJs: there doesn't seem to be any preoccuption with "good taste" in these kids. The idea of music being uncool or cheesy just doesn't exist to them. They like what they like and they don't appear to care if it's cool. Don't get me wrong, that can result in some very tedious dancefloor experiences, but it's also quite refreshing. And one of the reasons trance is becoming so popular again is because Gen Z kids just don't care about the tarnished reputation it's suffered for 20+ years.

100% this. For example, every Gen Z friend I have seems to have just rediscovered eurodance. I've heard Rhythm Is A Dancer more times in the past three months than I have in years, usually at Gen Z house parties. This blows my mind because I love eurodance -- and think Rhythm Is A Dancer is an amazing piece of music -- but wouldn't admit it in polite company because eurodance was always a punchline, especially here in North America.

Gen Z is listening to all this stuff unironically. See also the renewed appreciation for Enya:
https://pitchfork.com/features/arti...-is-everywhere/

Old Post May-28-2023 07:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobalt Click here to Send Cobalt a Private Message Add Cobalt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt
This blows my mind because I love eurodance -- and think Rhythm Is A Dancer is an amazing piece of music -- but wouldn't admit it in polite company because eurodance was always a punchline, especially here in North America.

I've always loved Eurodance and never denied it - and those who are truly into the music would say the same now. I find it lame when older folk try to deny their past pleasures, especially those fully on the "Business Techno" train and accompanying stops...but I knew them as Trance loving Tiesto glowstick fanboys.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post May-30-2023 17:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
I think that initial trend of dropping trance ironically is best expressed in that clip of Space Dimension Controller dropping the Taucher mix of Ayla at the Boiler Room over in Belfast back in 2015 and the crowd going absolutely mental:

That definitely felt like a tipping point where DJs - especially techno DJs - felt they could play old trance classics in their sets and the reaction would be as good - or even better - as the reaction to any modern tune. It didn't take long before you couldn't survive a single Nina Kraviz set without hearing Meet Her At The Love Parade. Main stage techno reflected this shift by steadily becoming more and more trancey, albeit often in a still moronic BOOM-BOOM-BOOM business techno way.

It was Kraviz's 2016 Time Warp set that made me first notice the resurgence. Bonzai, Born Slippy, fucking Vapour Space... Fun set.

quote:
I don't quite know what it was about lockdown that triggered it - maybe DJs and producers just weren't so worried about the approval of dancefloor crowds, or maybe it was just coincidence. Either way, we've not looked back since then.

I don't think it was a coincidence. Lockdowns did something psychologically to us collectively that we still don't understand. Maybe more time alone let people tap into what they actually enjoyed more or people just wanted the simpler melodies or something. I'm sure some great works of social musicology will be written someday about it all.

Old Post Jun-03-2023 12:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

Trance hasnt seemed back for me yet, but I think it might pop off soon. Here in the states, everyone is still banging their heads to retarded trap and brostep shit.

Literally Eye Q, Magik, ISOS, still shines nicely through everything that's out right now.

Also, all my Gen Z friends told me that TikTok is the reason why old music is trending. Fucking TikTok.

Old Post Jun-12-2023 05:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

That's because you're a complete dork who lives in Jerkwater, USA and wouldn't be able to find the underground scene if you literally fell down the stairs of a basement club.

Old Post Jun-12-2023 21:11  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
That's because you're a complete dork who lives in Jerkwater, USA and wouldn't be able to find the underground scene if you literally fell down the stairs of a basement club.

lol wow deep.

Old Post Jun-12-2023 23:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

This guy has made dozens and dozens of posts for literally years in a row where all he does is complain about his own friend circle for being vacuous. I've posted probably more informative and enlightening content to your forum than anyone else down the years, so cut me some slack for getting bored of this fool whining about the people he voluntarily chooses to associate with.

Old Post Jun-12-2023 23:14  England
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
...so cut me some slack for getting bored of this fool whining about the people he voluntarily chooses to associate with.

You're voluntarily associating with him by replying

Add him to your ignore list

Old Post Jun-13-2023 00:45  Canada
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

LOL. Savage as always. Underground or not, I just wish a basic ass club or festival would just have a small outlet to hear the kind of music we are all talking about

dude, there is no underground scene around here. find me one

Old Post Jun-13-2023 07:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

What kind of hillbilly hole do you live in?

Speaking of which - we get Sasha and Digweed, Nick Warren, Hernan Cattaneo, Dixon, Dubfire, Secret Cinema, Speedy J, Christian Smith, Joris Voorn all on one and the same festival down here - what a terrible place to live.

Old Post Jun-13-2023 07:19  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Pluviose
dude, there is no underground scene around here. find me one

There was no underground scene where I grew up either. Which is why I moved somewhere that did have a thriving music scene. You are the one choosing to remain somewhere with no culture and hang around with a circle of basic bitches and bros. The idea that there is no underground electronic scene in America is pretty laughable. But the old mantra still applies: "The underground is something that never comes to you. You must always go to it."

Old Post Jun-13-2023 08:39  England

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > "Trance Is Back—and It’s No Joke"
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTHeRe iS NoT SouND LiKe THiS SouND [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVostok - "Airplanes" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread