Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > JOOF is a hypocrite - what happened to bringing back Trance to its roots?
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

JOOF is a hypocrite - what happened to bringing back Trance to its roots?

What happened to bringing "Trance" back to its roots. All he plays is boring progressive house which don't go anywhere which aren't up to the quality they used to be and boring techno which sound boring nothing like the tracks from Ness or Deepbass, Luigi Tozzi, OTHK, which are really hypnotic.

He got rid of the word trance from his radioshow and then turn his back on the genre completely talk about hypocrisy. All talk no show with those interviews he gave just like all of those other djs just another bandwagon jumper. The only thing I've liked from him has been the digital blonde album and the Ovnimoon production here and there. He also closed down his forum too which I found to be disappointing.
EDIT
Back when he played Mistique music stuff it used to be pretty decent progressive stuff now it's just background music which go nowhere.

Last edited by Titanium on Oct-22-2021 at 00:53

Old Post Oct-21-2021 10:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I find it mildly amusing that he gave up on trying to bring back real trance just as real trance has actually started to come back. But other than that... who cares? Lots of places you can go to hear genuine trance right now.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-21-2021 15:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

I think it's been a couple of years now since that thread (which I can't find) in which I exaggerated somewhat my response to someone who slagged off J00F, which---naturally---led to SYSTEM-J disagreeing and ended with John coming on here to argue against J. I'd be interested in hearing John's position now, some years later, and in the light of developments in this realm of music since. I haven't found the time to keep up with his radio show at all, so I remain a bit clueless myself.

Old Post Oct-21-2021 15:44  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

I know exactly what you're referring to and there's a part of me that feels similar. A lot of the stuff he plays on his radio show is bland ( I think that's the appropriate word for it) for the most part and I dont say that referring to tempo or genre. They just dont stick out in anyway.

About him being a hypocrite... it's harsh. He's always claimed to be a Trance DJ and I think his interpretation of what Trance is differs quite a bit from most (which can be problematic if misunderstood). I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he believes what hes playing is true to his criteria and even though he probably spends more time in the Progressive House and Techno sections of online stores, it doesn't change the criteria.

Old Post Oct-21-2021 15:45  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by SPANIARD
I think his interpretation of what Trance is differs quite a bit from most (which can be problematic if misunderstood).

I think that's usually the gist of discussions about "trance" on here.

Old Post Oct-21-2021 15:51  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
I think it's been a couple of years now since that thread (which I can't find) in which I exaggerated somewhat my response to someone who slagged off J00F, which---naturally---led to SYSTEM-J disagreeing and ended with John coming on here to argue against J. I'd be interested in hearing John's position now, some years later, and in the light of developments in this realm of music since. I haven't found the time to keep up with his radio show at all, so I remain a bit clueless myself.

Here it is:

https://tranceaddict.com/forums/sho...=1#.YXGmpBqZNPY

I believe it was our esteemed fallen comrade DJ RANN who actually triggered J00F's ire. Reading back through the thread though, I was telling him to move towards the prog scene and drop the "trance" branding, so perhaps I'm completely responsible for his treachery.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-21-2021 17:46  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

I'm a fan of his sound and always have been. Embedding a set I enjoyed from last year with timestamp part way through to appease the lazy

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Oct-21-2021 17:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Here it is:

https://tranceaddict.com/forums/sho...=1#.YXGmpBqZNPY

I believe it was our esteemed fallen comrade DJ RANN who actually triggered J00F's ire. Reading back through the thread though, I was telling him to move towards the prog scene and drop the "trance" branding, so perhaps I'm completely responsible for his treachery.

Ha indeed, and cheers - I forgot most of all that. I just assumed you were to blame .

Old Post Oct-21-2021 18:02  Netherlands
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

His current sound is the best in years. Still one of the few playing what IMO really is just darker drum laden progressive house.

quote:
He's always claimed to be a Trance DJ and I think his interpretation of what Trance is differs quite a bit from most (which can be problematic if misunderstood).

exactly

Old Post Oct-21-2021 18:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

People are allowed to change their sound / mind / opinion without being hypocrites ffs.

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post Oct-21-2021 19:11  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
junglist
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djthunderbird
People are allowed to change their sound / mind / opinion without being hypocrites ffs.

oh jaaa! please try.

Old Post Oct-21-2021 20:11  Saudi Arabia
Click Here to See the Profile for junglist Click here to Send junglist a Private Message Add junglist to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djthunderbird

People are allowed to change their views but those changes should improve your sound not make it worse or bland.

I don't mean to get personal here but I think his divorce might have had a personal hit his sound changed after he became divorced but I could be wrong and something like that would affect me greatly too if I was in his position.

Last edited by Titanium on Oct-21-2021 at 22:11

Old Post Oct-21-2021 22:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > JOOF is a hypocrite - what happened to bringing back Trance to its roots?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksasha 1994 love of life track 14... [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTwenty Something - "Sugar Rush" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread