Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Corstitution: The Rules of the COR
Pages (72): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

And I have to say, to be perfectly honest, most of these rules semi-exist anyway. This is essentially just making it more formal/clear where everyone stands, and it allows us to hopefully do our jobs better here.

Old Post Mar-17-2013 04:35  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

We're getting a constitution now? Nigga, please.

Old Post Mar-17-2013 04:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Are we going to have to put a gold star in our avatars to differentiate ourselves from the moderators, too?

Old Post Mar-17-2013 05:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Are we going to have to put a gold star in our avatars to differentiate ourselves from the moderators, too?

Old Post Mar-17-2013 05:12  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I believe setting standards for us is also a great idea, Stu
quote:
Originally posted by idoru
We're getting a constitution now? Nigga, please.

No, we're not getting a constitution - I just made a pun so the meaning was clear (these are some "laws", for the lack of a better word, and they apply to the "COR". If this was the "Lounge Out Room", I'd have called this thread "The code of LOR", or something equally terrible).

Now, some of you keep whining because "the rules aren't clearly stated". I suspend someone and there's an angry outburst, because it all happened on a whim and there are no standards. Here they are now, all the implicit rules we've been following, stated as clearly as possible - and you complain it's dumb, too long, or pointless in the long run.

It's easy enough to be jaded and just complain nothing is as awesome as you wish. That's pointless. Try to come up with something useful: That's what we need, and that's the real challenge.

Old Post Mar-17-2013 05:30  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

we are all adults here and we can police ourselves.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Mar-17-2013 06:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
we are all adults here and we can police ourselves.

Reason why we've had naked pictures of members posted here without their consent, people who have never met hurling abuse at each other to the point it derailed more than just one thread (you'd imagine that was enough), home addresses being published for no good reason whatsoever other than embarrassing the person whose parents live in the place, drama being unearthed because of debates that had nothing to do with the dirty laundry in question, and even unsolicited spam over the years.

Yeah, that proves the COR can easily go without moderation.

Old Post Mar-17-2013 06:06  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

Old Post Mar-17-2013 06:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

Jude?! God, I hate that Beatles' song, thanks for reminding me now

Old Post Mar-17-2013 06:11  Brazil
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Preface: In Australia, cheap cask/box wine is called "goon".

When I was in high school, we drank a lot of goon, and would have "goon songs", where every lyric in a song that remotely rhymed with goon was substituted with the word goon, along with various other obscenities.

Hey Jude was one of them.

"Hey goooon, don't make it bad.
Take a sad schlong and make it better".

I have tons of these

Old Post Mar-17-2013 06:27  Australia
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Reason why we've had naked pictures of members posted here without their consent, people who have never met hurling abuse at each other to the point it derailed more than just one thread (you'd imagine that was enough), home addresses being published for no good reason whatsoever other than embarrassing the person whose parents live in the place, drama being unearthed because of debates that had nothing to do with the dirty laundry in question, and even unsolicited spam over the years.

Yeah, that proves the COR can easily go without moderation.

1. what stupid idiot takes nude pictures of themselves gives them to someone and then expects them not to be shared. i bet she never did it again. whoever this was, had legal recourse, but she probably didn't avail herself of them.

2. argumentation is fine. sure discussions get sidetracked but at the end of the day any disagreements peter out on its own. people have to take shits and eat and sleep. they die on their own. if someone is genuinely harmed in any civil or criminal act the harmed party can take appropriate action and i'm sure the owner of TA would comply with any legal order, were these deemed necessary.

3. home addresses are usually public information anyway (in the US at least) do a search for someone here and you'll find tonnes of information. its crazy but it is what it is. what is there to be scared of? a pizza arriving at 11pm? someone throwing eggs at the door? if the address is posted usually its because the offended party had posted some information already. a birthday, a full name, alma mater, etc.

i think its unnecessary, and i understand there is no freedom of speech applicable as this is a private site, but i think it stifles speech (in this case discussion), and as far as i know, i can't think of one society where burdening speech has been a positive factor in that society's growth and developement. on the contrary, it inhibits creativity, innovation, the arts, and progress.

my advice is not to become overbearing. you (as in a collective you) will be nailing the final nail into the coffin of this site, what remains of it.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Mar-17-2013 06:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Sometimes Australia really doesn't sound too bad

Then I remember the spiders

Old Post Mar-17-2013 06:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Corstitution: The Rules of the COR
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (72): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID please [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEric Prydz - "Call On Me" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread