Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Oh, yeah... We were explicit about NO gifts.

Old Post Dec-18-2022 00:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

We've always overdid the party thing. This last one was interesting as our girl wanted no boys, even though she already attended a boys party. It was in Nov so it was kinda chilly. But we just opened the whole house up to everyone. Ended up all RSVP'd so we were expecting 20 adults and about 15 kids, but only about 11 kids showed.

We had superhero characters show up and hang out, read books, take pics etc. We had a face painter, the same face painter for the last 2 years actually. She rules. The the kids just rampaged through the house!

We always have a parent cooler with beers, wine, and the charcuterie is always a hit. Then I have some secret bourbon for the cool parents We still invite the kids from the day care we went too mostly because we did all b-days together so al the parents know each other. But it was cool meeting the new parents at our girls new school.

We did have one girl fall from our monkey bars and had a bloody lip. But no concussion so all was good. Another first was we had a dad just drop his daughter off, she is 4/5. I was like, OK we'll watch her. Ended up super cool as I had a conversation topic for the other parents and they also watched and helped her.

Other things we've done are bounce houses, petting zoos, there was a reasonable pony ride company that brought two out to the street and gave rides, had a guy play guitar and do kids songs (did not go well), and always face painting.

Old Post Dec-18-2022 19:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

All that comes to mind reading all that is the scene from The Omen where the nurse/nanny jumps out the window at Damien's birthday party and says "IT'S ALL FOR YOU!!!"

Old Post Dec-19-2022 05:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
All that comes to mind reading all that is the scene from The Omen where the nurse/nanny jumps out the window at Damien's birthday party and says "IT'S ALL FOR YOU!!!"

I had to google that, but it was spot on!

Old Post Dec-23-2022 13:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

"Hey dad, can we listen to 'Ready, Steady, Go'?" Hell yeah son, good choice. Just turned 5 last week!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Feb-18-2023 17:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

My kid has better and more refined taste in music than most adults lol.

Old Post Feb-18-2023 19:38 
{b.s.e.}
savant garde

Arrow

I didn't have kids,

can't wait to move to the mountains and practice ascetism

Old Post Mar-12-2023 23:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for {b.s.e.} Click here to Send {b.s.e.} a Private Message Add {b.s.e.} to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Happy father's day c0r daddies

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jun-18-2023 16:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Happy father's day c0r daddies

Hope ya had fun! we have one with a stomach bug...that has been awesome!

Old Post Jun-18-2023 23:57  United States
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Apparently kids are resilient. Moving countries didn't really impact them except for not having all their toys for a bit. But they are getting along kinda fine, just not eating to much varied food.

And the schools. We are in a private one now with different age cut offs. So our oldest that was one of the older kids in her Kindergarten class is in Year 1 and is one of the younger ones. So she is catching up!

Old Post Feb-07-2024 10:32  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

My kids are 7 and 2 (girls). I was talking with a client prior to our meeting start and she was telling me how expensive everything is getting for her teenage daughter. Prom, driving lessons, extra-curricular activities and of course, saving up for college. I was telling her "man, i thought things were supposed to get cheaper!!"

Old Post Feb-07-2024 19:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Hey Tranceaddict crew,

So, you know how life can throw you some curveballs? Well, imagine being Octo mom's husband, juggling a household of eight kiddos! Yep, that's me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my wife and all, but let's just say after the fifth kid, the sparks kinda fizzled out. I mean, how many diaper changes and sleepless nights can one person handle before they start daydreaming about a quiet beach getaway?

And parenting? Oh boy, where do I start? It's like running a circus without a manual. From sibling rivalries to endless messes, it's a wild ride. And let's not even mention the grocery bills—those alone could bankrupt a small country!

But hey, between you and me, there are days when I secretly wish I had a mute button for at least six of them. Shh, don't tell my wife!

Anyway, here's to hoping for a miracle nanny or a winning lottery ticket. Until then, wish me luck wrangling this chaotic bunch!

Cheers,
Your friendly neighborhood Octo dad (AKA Eric)"

Old Post Mar-15-2024 02:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnimated Rhythm - Persuasion [Chug N Bump] [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCirez D - "Knockout" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread