Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > User Feedback > tranceaddict Picks Discussion > Live Sets > Tranceaddicts Unite Part 2 - Mixed by Mr Mystery
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
EverReaL
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Spartan
Absolutely adore the introduction. First minute is very important for setting the mood in my opinion and this one has a perfectly paced build-up to the great tracks that follow . I love it, 10 out of 10.

Wow, thanks for the nice words Spartan, glad you liked it.

Old Post Mar-03-2004 08:57  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for EverReaL Click here to Send EverReaL a Private Message Visit EverReaL's homepage! Add EverReaL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Froofy-D
Junior tranceaddict

OK here is some (hopefully) quality feedback on the whole thing. First of all WOW! This really exceeded my expectations. Most of it sounds better than "professional" stuff on record labels.

Request - next time can you make it in 2 parts both of which fit on a standard 80 min CD? It's kind of annoying to have to manually break it up to fit on two CDs. Oh yeah, and that way you can two epic introductions. If you want people to give this stuff to their friends or play in the car, make it CD-friendly =)

[0:00:00] EverReal - OthR: My oh my! What a pretty tune. I don't think anyone could not like the ethereal sounds and simple, happy melody. This track begs for professional production IMHO.

Nice transition here.

[0:06:16] Mache - Vortex: Standard trance, dance floor groove here. Doesn't really jump out as extremely original, but is worth a listen for sure. Very nice production and sounds.

Eeeek. Dont like this transition. Track 2 goes on for a bit too long. The tracks intro/outro dont mesh well IMHO.

[0:11:15] Michael Feihstel - Slow Motion: Ok, I dont like twangy echo "guitar" sounding thing on the intro. It sounds very thin and MIDI-ish. After that though the track is pretty decent.

Good transition.

[0:17:09] 3-F - That's Mine: Rather dark and brooding tech-trancish. I like the very electronic sounds. Melody is subtle - which is a quality of a good trance tune. The part at 20:10 to 20:50 I don't like however. It sounds out-of-tune or something and makes the track lose focus. It repeats as well. Get rid of that and this tune will be great. The voice sample is acceptable.

Outsanding transition here. The tracks merge nicely.

[0:22:50] Modular1 - Falling: very nice intro. Wow this track has atmosphere. The voice sample is really nice and sets the mood. And best of all - it doesnt repeat too much (since repetive samples can really ruin a track). Very original sounds and great production. I see great things in Modular1's future. One of the best tracks in the compilation.

Transition - undecided on this one. Sounds a bit scary.

[0:29:25] JayL - Primitive Emotions: Impressive. This track really has a range of sounds and a lot of variety. Outstanding work.

Nice transition. Short and simple.

[0:33:16] Elude - Corfu: Nice production and great sounds. Your standard trance fare here. Nothing ground-breaking but worth a listen.

Decent transition.

[0:39:10] Echano - Tranquility: gotta love that keyboard sound at 40:00. So futuristic. Mixed with the "guitar" sounding tones it really give this track depth and a kind of epic feel. IMHO get rid of the "be quiet" voice sample though (or repeat it less). One of the best tracks on the compilation.

Nice transition.

[0:47:34] Escape N2 Trance - Space UNLTD: some really wild sounds in this one, but they work. No complaints here. I really like this tune.

Good transition.

[0:51:12]Cosmic Tracer - Full Scope (Force of Nature Club Mix): Nice dance-floor tune. Not too original but quality production and sound and lots of variety. The part at 54:00 is the most compelling and might have been mixed more into the tune. The 55:30 single note part is bit too simple and might be omitted.

Hmm not too into this transition. The off-key notes in the next track into dont mix well.

[0:57:40] White Sun - Strange Life: dont like the intro. Everything sounds off-key or the notes just dont mix well. After the intro (around 59:30-ish) the track gets better and turns into a decent quality trancer.

Good transition.

[1:04:30] Thomas Datt - Antarctic Rain: Cool intro! The buildup from 1:08 to 1:10 is excellent. The track drags a bit in some spots, still an excellent tune. Make the fast part after the buildups a bit cooler and this would be a perfect track. Very nice remix potential.

Excellent transition.

[1:12:27] Al Azar - Forever Forgotten: Another cool intro. Similar in format to the track above: fast intro, slow buildup, fast climax. But hey that formula works Anyway, this track kind of creeps up on you. Its a bit un remarkable at first but suddenly you find yourself enjoying it. The main keys sound is vaguely reminiscent of carribean island metal drums (very euro trance-ish sounding). Nice track.

I dont think these two tracks merge well.

[1:18:14] Bren-F - Cyan Dawn: I love the low distorted bass (Gouryella-ish), but I think the highs are a bit thin sounding in the intro. Rest of the track is decent. The voice sample is pretty good. Nice addition of variety at 1:23-ish. I thought it was the next track at first. Good job.

Nice transition.

[1:26:14] Fatboy - Fresh Fromage: Wow, great sounds on this one. Very processed or electronic sounding and in many layers. It kind of gives the impression of waves of sound coming in and then receding. This is the kind of track you can listen to several times and hear something "new" everytime. One of the better tracks on the compilation.

good transition.

[1:34:11] Prismatic - Morning Sunrise:
[1:42:21] Lakeus - When The Sky Breaks:
[1:48:52] Haak - Frenzy:
[1:57:06] Gil Schwartz - Euphoric Paradise (Hard Mix):
[2:03:14] Kompulsor - Unstable System:
[2:08:59] Blake Sutherland - Mind Energy:
[2:15:10] Fyrious - On Garde:

**will finish review later =)

Overal best tracks IMHO (based on originality, quality, or being just plain damn good tunes):

EverReal - OthR,
Modular1 - Falling,
Echano - Tranquility,
Fatboy - Fresh Fromage

Last edited by Froofy-D on Mar-31-2004 at 20:52

Old Post Mar-15-2004 23:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Froofy-D Click here to Send Froofy-D a Private Message Add Froofy-D to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
uilleann
tranceaddict

Hm, it's funny – this set isn't really my style, but there are some nice (IMO, of course) tracks in it, including Modular1 - Falling (esp. around 25:40), Echano - Tranquility, Elude - Corfu (nice dark edge to it) and Haak - Frenzy (good solid track, this, with nice techy synths - I like this style =). Interesting that we share a preference for Falling and Tranquility :)

The transition from When the Sky Breaks (another nice track) into Frenzy is very nice, too - I like transitions that switch from one track to another with as little mixing as possible. Such transitions impress me more than when tracks are mixed together for a while because, if you're using vinyl for the second track at least, I can't imagine how anyone ever drops the second track at exactly the right time. Plus it also sounds really nice :P

If anyone's ever heard twoTribE's Sarpsborg set, and recalls the switch from track 1 (Etana's Flight) into track 2, I think that has to be one of the two best "mixes" I've ever heard, and very close after that is the transition into Frenzy in this set. In this set, though, you can still hear When the Sky Breaks faintly when Frenzy starts, but in the Sarpsborg set, twoTribE managed to perform the transition such that you really can't tell what he did - track 1 stops and track 2 starts, yet it all sounds like the same track and I never did figure out where the break really came. Awesome. OK, end of raving :P

I'm not sure on the vocal samples in Tranquility, though - whether you'd lose something with them taken out. I'd have to hear it with and without them to compare, but I don't really have any problem with them. Actually, it reminds me of Schiller - Ruhe ("Ruhe" means "peace"), which also had spoken vocal samples in (and the Humate mix of Ruhe is nice =)

Old Post Mar-29-2004 15:50  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for uilleann Click here to Send uilleann a Private Message Visit uilleann's homepage! Add uilleann to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stupidisco
Suspended User

really shitty track selection. really shitty tracks. really shitty mixing.

i can do better, and pm me if you want me to prove it.

Old Post Apr-16-2004 01:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for stupidisco Click here to Send stupidisco a Private Message Add stupidisco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Luke Terry
tranceaddict oldskool

Cool

quote:
Originally posted by stupidisco

jealousy

gutter

w: www.luketerry.com

Old Post Apr-16-2004 11:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Luke Terry Click here to Send Luke Terry a Private Message Visit Luke Terry's homepage! Add Luke Terry to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Originally posted by stupidisco

No thanks, but thanks for the offer.

Clown.

Old Post Apr-16-2004 11:22  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stupidisco
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Luke Terry

jealousy

gutter

yep im jealous that i dont spin trance ch00000ns

Old Post Apr-18-2004 20:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for stupidisco Click here to Send stupidisco a Private Message Add stupidisco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Froofy-D
Junior tranceaddict

Damn theres a time limit on editing your post! Anyway, to finish my review started above:

[1:34:11] Prismatic - Morning Sunrise: Ok the sounds of this track are good, but it SERIOUSLY needs some variety. That one melody is played over way too much.

[1:42:21] Lakeus - When The Sky Breaks: Whoa! Cool tech sounds on this one! Track is nearly perfect except I dont like the extremely high pitch sound at 14:21 to 1:43:32. It sounds a bit cheesy, otherwise outstanding song. It really has atmosphere.

[1:48:52] Haak - Frenzy: Very cool track. A rather dark, but not overly complex style that reminds me a bit of Push. The main line will get stuck in your head. Only complaint: could use a bit more variety.

[1:57:06] Gil Schwartz - Euphoric Paradise (Hard Mix): Hmm I'm not really into this track. Kinda hard-house-ish or something. Not really my style of music.

[2:03:14] Kompulsor - Unstable System: reminds me a bit of Zombie Nation. Not really into this one. As the above track, not my style so I cant really comment on it.

[2:08:59] Blake Sutherland - Mind Energy: some cool sounds in this one. I'm not into the "LSD" sample.

[2:15:10] Fyrious - On Garde: not really into this one either. Too dark for me.

Bottomline: This compilation is better than most I have bought. I dont see why you guys don't find a way to get this distributed and sell it.

My Favorite Tracks Overall after several listens:

Modular1 - Falling: so much atmosphere, perfect song.

Al Azar - Forever Forgotten: this one really grows on you and gets better after every listen. The breakdown at 1:13 is heart-achingly beautiful and sounds almost like a live orchestra.

Fatboy - Fresh Fromage: Love the layered sounds.

Old Post Apr-19-2004 19:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Froofy-D Click here to Send Froofy-D a Private Message Add Froofy-D to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Belzebutt
Junior tranceaddict

I've been listening to this mix for months now, and it's one of my two favorites along with the Tiesto oldie In Search of Sunrise 3. It's just awesome, especially the first 6 or 7 tracks, just amazing.

I can't wait until the next Tranceaddicts Unite. Where can I get Part I?

Old Post Jul-08-2004 00:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Belzebutt Click here to Send Belzebutt a Private Message Add Belzebutt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Forgotten One
Junior tranceaddict

I really like this set!

Very good to all the composers here, and to the mixer as well.

Quick question, will (would you put back up) the Tranceaddicts Unite! Part 1 for download? It got pulled off the site just before I got a chance to snag it.

Cheers!

"The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly how he is. It shows us nothing more or less, than the deepest and most desperate desires of our hearts. This mirror gives us neither knowlege, or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live."

Old Post May-04-2005 20:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Forgotten One Click here to Send Forgotten One a Private Message Add Forgotten One to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceJunkie114
tranceaddict in training

I just gata say, Mr.Mystery is a very tallented person, i listend to this cd the first second i got it and i couldnt get enuf ESPECIALLY 11:15 omg, i played this at a party i went to and the people fuckin loved it, dont let ppl put u down u got tallent man, keep going so i can hear the next part you release cant wait, keep at it and youll go far!

Old Post Jun-26-2005 21:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceJunkie114 Click here to Send TranceJunkie114 a Private Message Visit TranceJunkie114's homepage! Add TranceJunkie114 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris<<PREDATOR
tranceaddict in training

Smile

hello, great track "Primitive Emotions", for only just using the basics, simpel and good, just like the old style, remember, it's a gift when you can make people flow on it, i know i did. I have listen all the "new tracks" and "live sets" and i most say that i realy want to upload a mix of my own, because, then you will hear the diffirence, songs i gues you never heard before, couple of intresting remixes of my own, but then again, i have realy a lot of respect for people like u. good job see you

Old Post Aug-02-2005 08:00  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for chris<<PREDATOR Click here to Send chris<<PREDATOR a Private Message Add chris<<PREDATOR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > User Feedback > tranceaddict Picks Discussion > Live Sets > Tranceaddicts Unite Part 2 - Mixed by Mr Mystery
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown tune [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLocate - "Samburu" [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread