Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > User Feedback > tranceaddict Picks Discussion > Singles > Second Sun - Empire (Paul Van Dyk's TPOD Mix)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Swamper
Webmonstah

Talking Second Sun - Empire (Paul Van Dyk's TPOD Mix)

... Comments ...

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Aug-05-2002 18:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
adam who
Junior tranceaddict

seeing as this is my first post on tranceaddict id like to say hi to everyone! i got this tune this morning and to tell the truth i was worried about whether this would be like pvd's newer stuff that i havent really been to keen on, but i was pleasantly surprised with this, ill definitely be playing it. 8 out of 10, nice

currently caning: lost brothers 'cry little sister', soundscape 'castles', max walder 'crown', unknown source 'nadjanema', andain 'beautiful things', the gift '7th day', m.i.k.e. - 'turn the light off', nitromethane 'time to die' (seraque mix), perpetual motion 'were all here together', fingers burnt 'act your age not your shoe size', kane 'rain down on me', lange 'i believe 2003', armin van buuren 'blue fear 2003', heavy rock 'i just want to be a drummer', wild cherie 'when im 64', veracocha 'carte blanche' (kid vicious mix), bbe '7 days & 1 week' (ferry corsten mix), inzite 'everest', polaroid 'so damn beautiful' (amethyst mix)

Old Post Aug-06-2002 14:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for adam who Click here to Send adam who a Private Message Visit adam who's homepage! Add adam who to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

it does have a reasonably nice build-up, but thats about it. got very boring after that. zzzzzzz. if it was the 1st trance song id ever listened to i might have really liked it. but by my new and improved standards ;o) it only rates a 4.

Old Post Aug-07-2002 05:40  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
digital liquid
tranceaddict

I'm 89% complete downloading and I already love this track. PVD does it again and produces some outstanding trance. Club friendly and a smiley face pleaser !

Old Post Aug-08-2002 23:58  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for digital liquid Click here to Send digital liquid a Private Message Visit digital liquid's homepage! Add digital liquid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer85
NoiseAddict

Whoo hoo i had this track for a while now i got it full ....quite an old track though

Old Post Aug-09-2002 00:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer85 Click here to Send Trancer85 a Private Message Add Trancer85 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer85
NoiseAddict

Remember back in the days "empire" was a masterpeice allright it was a pure 10/10 tune

Old Post Aug-09-2002 01:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer85 Click here to Send Trancer85 a Private Message Add Trancer85 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJPrototypeX
Its Still Thinkin...

have had this for awhile...but still like the Original Mix better...cant stand PvDs Rmx...

Old Post Aug-09-2002 18:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJPrototypeX Click here to Send DJPrototypeX a Private Message Add DJPrototypeX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Skaya
Supreme tranceaddict

Dancing Dude

Just got this baby on vinyl (FINALLY Vandit released it )

This tune sounds a little slow in the beginning but has a massive build with a nice uplifting melody. It avoids using generic sounds but stays very well in bounds and can be enjoyed by most fans of trance. Definetely a late-in-the-set tune that can cause some major dancefloor eruptions

9/10

Old Post Aug-13-2002 05:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Skaya Click here to Send DJ_Skaya a Private Message Add DJ_Skaya to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Exxtreme
Junior tranceaddict

It's a nice rmx... A little faster than the original; it's more 'alive' ...

Old Post Aug-14-2002 05:58  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Exxtreme Click here to Send Exxtreme a Private Message Add Exxtreme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Elyksir
Supreme tranceaddict

Second sun!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Exxtreme
It's a nice rmx... A little faster than the original; it's more 'alive' ...

PVDs remix is not really a remix, it has got nothing new, compared to the Original, which is better IMO.
It has got that PVDs bassline and hi-hats, but the rest is almost the same as in the original....

Original version is great, I play it a lot and the crowd loves it...

10/10 original
5/10 PVDs remake

Old Post Aug-15-2002 22:25  Slovenia
Click Here to See the Profile for Elyksir Click here to Send Elyksir a Private Message Visit Elyksir's homepage! Add Elyksir to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Skaya
Supreme tranceaddict

KarateKid

I think both mixes are cool. PvD's has got a better build-up (in my oppinion) and gets to the main part of the tune a little quicker than the original. On the other hand, the original mix as some really cool synth sounds that PvD took out on his remix (why he did I don't know, they make the song better) and also has pretty much the same element that make the tune great except the build is slightly less massive. I think its a coin toss.

Old Post Aug-16-2002 14:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Skaya Click here to Send DJ_Skaya a Private Message Add DJ_Skaya to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Luke Terry
tranceaddict oldskool

Cool

TUNE

w: www.luketerry.com

Old Post Aug-21-2002 10:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Luke Terry Click here to Send Luke Terry a Private Message Visit Luke Terry's homepage! Add Luke Terry to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > User Feedback > tranceaddict Picks Discussion > Singles > Second Sun - Empire (Paul Van Dyk's TPOD Mix)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksasha sample WMC 2005 #4... [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSean Miller - Swells [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread