Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > World Cup 2022 Thread
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

It's kind of funny that the quarterfinals seem to be something of a baseline for Brazil. We've only failed to get there once in my lifetime, so it's not like I'm complaining or anything... but god dammit, it's the fifth time we get stuck there already
quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Funny dancing never bothered me when the players were Dudes like the Dungas, Cafus, Bebetos of times past. All I see now in the news is photos of crying flakes with dyed hair.

I know... I kind of wish they went the extra mile and did it properly like back in Ronaldo's day. Instead of just bleaching their hair, they could go wild like Rapinoe or something... so, you're kind of right, they're too soft and not daring enough
quote:
I struggle to believe the Dutch will be able to handle the Argentina team in the end.

Come on now, we're counting on you to do just that! I love Argentina and everything, but it's a sibling rivalry, so we hope you guys do better than you did in 2014...you were so close!

Old Post Dec-09-2022 19:07  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
so we hope you guys do better than you did in 2014...you were so close!

The current team isn't quite like the Van Persie, Robben, Sneijder generation is it .

I'll root for England next.

Old Post Dec-09-2022 20:42  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

That kick from Paredes straight at the Dutch bench right after fouling a dude was some bullshit, lol. How is that not a red card?

Old Post Dec-09-2022 22:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
That kick from Paredes straight at the Dutch bench right after fouling a dude was some bullshit, lol. How is that not a red card?

Like Messi didn't get yellow for hands probably.

But it's okay we go home, we shouldn't have been there in the first place in my opinion. We didn't play at our best and it wasn't nice to watch overall.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Dec-09-2022 23:24  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Argentina played better overall imo but the ref made some really dubious calls.

Old Post Dec-10-2022 00:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The ref was a complete clown. I've seen him regularly in the Champions League and he's always been a prissy little prat. He even managed to card someone during the shootout, which I didn't think was possible.

That said, if it's a red card for Paredes booting the ball into an empty seat (no one got hit) it's also a red card for VVD for coming over and shoving him straight to the floor in retaliation. The ref was shit, but I didn't see any favouritism, just incompetence.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Dec-10-2022 at 09:51

Old Post Dec-10-2022 03:19  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I've come to embrace my inner peace because I now understand this is all part of Allah's great plan to lead Morocco to victory. It's the only logical explanation, really
quote:
The current team isn't quite like the Van Persie, Robben, Sneijder generation is it .

Still, you took Argentina to a penalty shoot-out again. You fought hard and gave 220 million more people a reason to dream just one more time. You persevered so we could all have built a better world anew. And I slept throughout the whole thing because it was 5 AM here, but still...

Losing to Croatia is one thing... but Argentina in the semis? That's the coo de grâce

Old Post Dec-10-2022 04:34  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
The ref was a complete clown. I've seen him regularly in the Champions League and he's always been a prissy little prat. He even managed to card someone during the shootout, which I didn't think was possible.

The ref managed to beat the 2006 Portugal-Netherlands (Battle of Nuremberg) game which had 16 yellows and 4 reds!

"The record for yellow cards in a World Cup game would be surpassed in 2022, when Antonio Mateu Lahoz issued a total of 17 yellow cards during the quarter-final match between the Netherlands and Argentina.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Dec-10-2022 05:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I remember that game from 2006 well. This game had more cards, but that was a worse game by far. It was probably the most pathetic football match I've ever seen. Both sides got into an arms race of diving, overreacting to contact, and self-righteously swarming the referee demanding the other team's player get sent off.

Funnily enough I was reading that the 2010 final between Spain and the Netherlands also had one of the highest card counts in World Cup history. The Dutch tried to absolutely brutalise Spain that day. There was the infamous De Jong high kick that cracked Xabi Alonso's rib. It always seems to be the Dutch in these games.

Old Post Dec-10-2022 09:49  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Yet it never happens in a match against ze Germans.

The Dutch players typically have a sense of superiority which usually isn't justified & they can't handle that and take a Portuguese turn when things go wrong. It's telling, though, that in the end a team like Argentina (despite not being very good either) came to struggle even against this Netherlands XI, since the latter are hardly a really good team, and they gave a lousy performance throughout the tournament. Depay - thinks he is one of the greatest but basically didn't do anything useful; F de Jong - invisible; VVD, De Ligt - playing for top European teams but no trustworthy defenders; Bergwijn - yawn. And so on.

Last edited by Midlothian on Dec-10-2022 at 11:21

Old Post Dec-10-2022 11:13  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

To be honest, Argentina were well on top for 90% of the game. It was justice done in the end that they went through. However, they very nearly fucked it all up by deciding to pay tribute to vintage England by absolutely panicking after the Netherlands pulled a goal back, and completely stopped playing football in favour of booting the ball clear of their box and hacking the Dutch players down to try to run out the clock. If they'd been brave and kept passing, they would have won the game in 90 minutes.

I said in the OP that this isn't the greatest Netherlands team by a long stretch. Quarter finals seems a fair reflection of their ability. I will say though that the free kick was absolutely brilliant, and typically Dutch in its intelligence. To do that in injury time of a World Cup quarter final was quite outrageous.

Old Post Dec-10-2022 12:23  England
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
The Dutch players typically have a sense of superiority which usually isn't justified & they can't handle that

I'm afraid that's a lot more common than you might think

(except ours really aren't too shabby, but they just break down and cry under pressure instead because of the unreasonable expectations we all have)

Old Post Dec-10-2022 14:22  Brazil

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > World Cup 2022 Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFerry Corsten - Live @ Sensation White 2003 [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHunteman - Phreaks [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread