Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

Mix Genres

I tend to download a lot of mixes, but sometimes I get a mix that isn't into the particular sub-genre I'm into. Could you make it a requirement for posters to disclose their particular mix genre in their post subject?

Old Post Oct-12-2006 21:58  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

Re: Mix Genres

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux
I tend to download a lot of mixes, but sometimes I get a mix that isn't into the particular sub-genre I'm into. Could you make it a requirement for posters to disclose their particular mix genre in their post subject?

I think that a good idea. By the start of this week I'm going to add a 'Rules' stick which will have a format in which to title your mixes.

Something like:

[Genre] Artist - Title of Mix - Date of Mix

Sound good?

Old Post Oct-12-2006 22:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Az
took me all the way back

can you ban Daniel Jay? he's massively shit

Old Post Oct-13-2006 12:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Az Click here to Send Az a Private Message Add Az to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KilldaDJ
birth.school.trance.death

a tip to maximise hits on your mix

state the bpm of ur set/mix in the subject or in the post

[Hard Trance][143BPM][256KBPS]DJ Something - Something About OKRA bla bla bla

was talking to allied about this and thought it might be an idea, flame me if u must but i dont see anyone making suggestions

Found Atlantis - Mixography [mix archive/mokumentary/my soul]?
i writed a song.

Old Post Oct-17-2006 21:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for KilldaDJ Click here to Send KilldaDJ a Private Message Visit KilldaDJ's homepage! Add KilldaDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stu Cox
Supreme smackaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Allied Nations
We are most likely going to have a top "1", as Coup mentioned which will be featured as a sticky here as well on the main TA page.

I like this idea, I just don't know how easy it would be. There are SOO many mixes posted on this site, it would be impossible for me to listen to them all, and there are most definetely mixes which are good but aren't necessarly my taste either. I don't have any idea about how I could pick these mixes, and if I was to do something like this one of the major conditions would have to be that it is properly hosted. If its going to get a lot of hits, there's no way yousendit similar will suffice.

How about suggesting that anyone who wants to enter their mix for 'mix of the month' posts their mix as a poll with 10 options: numbers 1 to 10. Highest number of 10s wins, unless you wanna break out the calculator and give 10 points for a 10, 9 points for a 9, etc...?

Old Post Oct-18-2006 14:27  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Stu Cox Click here to Send Stu Cox a Private Message Visit Stu Cox's homepage! Add Stu Cox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by Stu Cox
How about suggesting that anyone who wants to enter their mix for 'mix of the month' posts their mix as a poll with 10 options: numbers 1 to 10. Highest number of 10s wins, unless you wanna break out the calculator and give 10 points for a 10, 9 points for a 9, etc...?

Yeah, but then everyone has already heard the mix, and it's already been rated, etc etc...

Old Post Oct-18-2006 14:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

Re: Re: Mix Genres

quote:
I think that a good idea. By the start of this week I'm going to add a 'Rules' stick which will have a format in which to title your mixes.

Something like:

[Genre] Artist - Title of Mix - Date of Mix

Sound good?

Thanks a bunch!

What I would really like to see is what the DJs think of their mixes. I always like hearing how they feel about the tracks and the overall mix as a whole.

I'm in the process of putting together a vocal trance mix and I was thinking that I would include an easy review outline so that it's simpler for listeners to organized what they think, and also for DJs to get more feedback. Most of the time I have several thoughts about DJ mixes, most of it never gets fed back because the DJ fails to ask specific questions. I'm hoping this outline will elicit more thoughts and feelings about a mix from listeners so that the DJ can hear them and have a better chance to improve his mix. I think if we adopted some kind of outline like this, it would improve the community as a whole.

Here's what I am thinking for an outline:

Cover and/or Mix title(1-10):
Reason:

Intro(1-10):
Reason:

Mixing Style(1-10):
Reason:

Mixing Technique(1-10):
Reason:

Originality(1-10):
Reason:

Peak of mix(1-10):
Reason:

Length(1-10):
Reason:

Overall progression of mix(1-10):
Reason:

Overall feel of the mix(1-10):
Reason:

Overall Satisfaction(1-10):
Reason:

Overall Score(1-10):
Reason:

Tracks not preferred for this mix:

Noteable tracks for this mix:

If this isn't a classic mix, what would make it one?

Other comments:

It would really sweet if a web designer could actually program a page with all of these questions and answer boxes. Not only that, but if the DJ could find out numerical averages and lump up the answers for a specific question that would be totally sweet.

Old Post Oct-19-2006 06:51  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

Re: Re: Re: Mix Genres

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux

That's a bit too in depth at the moment... I think people and the reviewers shouldn't have to adhere to that sort of scheme just to make a review- I think it might deter a lot of people who just want to say a couple words...

You've only been around here since March- just keep seeing how it works over here.

Old Post Oct-19-2006 07:09 
RJT
last minute disco

What does everyone think of a poll of Trance Addict DJ's?

And I certainly don't mean immediately - I think it would need to be done proper.

Perhaps an announcement could be made that said contest will be taking place (cross forum sticky?), and encouraging people that they have "X" # of months (4 or 6 maybe?) to check out DJ's in the promo forum before voting starts.

I think it could be a good way to draw more attention ot this forum, and to TA DJ's in general.

Just my $0.02, but I think it could be a cool thing for TA DJ's...

Old Post Oct-19-2006 18:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

Re: Tranceaddict DJ poll?

quote:
Originally posted by RJT
What does everyone think of a poll of Trance Addict DJ's?

And I certainly don't mean immediately - I think it would need to be done proper.

Perhaps an announcement could be made that said contest will be taking place (cross forum sticky?), and encouraging people that they have "X" # of months (4 or 6 maybe?) to check out DJ's in the promo forum before voting starts.

I think it could be a good way to draw more attention ot this forum, and to TA DJ's in general.

Just my $0.02, but I think it could be a cool thing for TA DJ's...

This has been an idea in my head for ages- I just hope we can find a way to make it RIGHT. You know? Maybe we should do more of what the DJ list does or something, rather than an annual poll? I don't know. I like the idea, but don't have a real solution yet.

Old Post Oct-19-2006 20:58 
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

Re: Re: Tranceaddict DJ poll?

quote:
This has been an idea in my head for ages- I just hope we can find a way to make it RIGHT. You know? Maybe we should do more of what the DJ list does or something, rather than an annual poll?

+1

Old Post Oct-19-2006 22:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

Greg - You have got to stop being such a nazi about this labeling issue. It's not going to work, and quite frankly, I don't think there are that many people who want to see it work.

Let people decide for themselves how they want to be represented, don't try to lock them into some formula where you require them to pigeonhole themselves into a genre.

Old Post Oct-20-2006 16:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplease id this great techno/house track [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSignum - "First Strike" (Signum Signal 2004 Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread