Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 307: B.1.1.7 Variant edition
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Swamper
Webmonstah

Invisible Grin Friday 307: B.1.1.7 Variant edition

As we fly into the weekend every time I see this covid variant mentioned I just think of the B17 flying Fortress

Tangentially related: I was reading about this in the UK....we are reaching levels of absurdity rather quickly

Link:
Revealed: Government plan for Covid 'pub passport' app on phones that will show proof of jab, negative test or immunity - but furious publicans say it's 'bonkers', 'un-British' and a fraud risk

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Mar-27-2021 01:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Why did I just know Swamper's link was going to be to the Daily Mail? I suppose their article titles just have a certain je nais se quois.

Anyways, what's absurd about requiring people to be vaccinated before going to certain places? Obviously I'm biased, but the idea doesn't seem prima facie ridiculous.

Old Post Mar-27-2021 16:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I'm more of a P.1 variant kind of guy... that's the one doing the rounds in my neck of woods

Speaking of which, mother-in-law is improving, brother-in law is reportedly the same. Niece had just lost her sense of taste, and now I have to deal with all the madness of people prescribing me chloroquine and ivermectin "as a safety measure". Nothing compares to being separated from my wife though, as she's quarantining with her mum because she's looking after her

Old Post Mar-27-2021 19:25  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

TA is being weird. On the main forums page it's showing Zoso as the last poster, even though this thread is here with newer posts.

And when I read all the posts in this thread and go back to the COR page, this thread shows as having unread posts, even though it doesn't

Edit: And it shows Lira as the last poster in this thread, even though I've just made this post. Wtf.

Old Post Mar-27-2021 23:22  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
TA is being weird. On the main forums page it's showing Zoso as the last poster, even though this thread is here with newer posts.

And when I read all the posts in this thread and go back to the COR page, this thread shows as having unread posts, even though it doesn't

Edit: And it shows Lira as the last poster in this thread, even though I've just made this post. Wtf.

I thought it was just me! I don't post all that often but I got the same sort of thing after I posted in production studio yesterday... I couldn't log out after repeated attempts last night, clearing my cache etc. but somehow managed to log out this morning. Pretty weird..

Old Post Mar-28-2021 01:40  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Teezdalien
I thought it was just me! I don't post all that often but I got the same sort of thing after I posted in production studio yesterday... I couldn't log out after repeated attempts last night, clearing my cache etc. but somehow managed to log out this morning. Pretty weird..

Grant, mate, what's up! Hope you're good.

Yeah, def not you. It's still tweaky now. TA v1.99999

Old Post Mar-28-2021 06:28  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Grant, mate, what's up! Hope you're good.

Yeah, def not you. It's still tweaky now. TA v1.99999

Yeah I'm pretty good mate. Things feel like they're slowly getting back to some kind of normalcy.

Just got myself an e-scooter to get around on. It's sick!
How's things up your way?

Old Post Mar-28-2021 10:35  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Hope everything improves for you, Lira. The forums started acting wonky for me last week. Sometimes multiple browser refreshes would take care of it. I assumed it was just me and the way Chrome handled session cookies after an update, or something. JFC, speaking of updates, the March cumulative security update for Windows completely fucked up printing. I was ready to seek out another career after two weeks of that shit, treating every single print job as "custom," essentially. We finally found that a Type 4 driver worked for all image based jobs, and anything that needed a PCL driver needed either Type 4 or a Generic UFR II for Canon. Get your shit together, Microsoft. We're definitely well into March in Middle TN, getting wave after wave of rain and severe weather. The wild turkeys have showed back up, and we have a pair of geese laying over at the "lake," which is really a big ass pond.

Old Post Mar-28-2021 10:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

[snip -Swamper]

To be fair, caching and cache invalidation are some of the more difficult and potentially hazardous things in tech. It's the main reason we so seldom even think of caching and just prefer automatic scaling like it's gonna solve all our performance problems. It's just too easy to shoot your foot off with it. Thousands of users getting stale resources for a day without us being able to do anything about it is much worse than a few spikes in auto-scaling.

Old Post Mar-28-2021 13:03  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

i had to call 911 because my shit smelt so bad

Old Post Mar-28-2021 17:47  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
i had to call 911 because my shit smelt so bad

Why fart and waste it, when you can burp and taste it?

Old Post Mar-28-2021 18:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
To be fair, caching and cache invalidation are some of the more difficult and potentially hazardous things in tech. It's the main reason we so seldom even think of caching and just prefer automatic scaling like it's gonna solve all our performance problems. It's just too easy to shoot your foot off with it. Thousands of users getting stale resources for a day without us being able to do anything about it is much worse than a few spikes in auto-scaling.

Fixed. I was mucking around with nginx and messed that up. Thx

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Mar-28-2021 20:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 307: B.1.1.7 Variant edition
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown from Tiesto - Live @ Avalon (Los Angeles) 14-05-06 (Part 1) [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNocturnia - "Welcome" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread