Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
But I'm starting to think the enormous economic and social upheaval this thing is causing is going to be more damaging than the death of a very small percentage of people who contract it.

This has been my worry since day one.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 17:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Strong case for UBI? Lews what is your insight? I understand the purpose, benefits, and implications only minimally (actually I just picked up a book - 'Give People Money' - so I can better understand, but haven't dug into it yet), so wondering what an expert such as yourself thinks?

Old Post Mar-14-2020 17:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I will ask the wife to check my penis for HPV. She'd better be ready to really fucking squint, too, and not just because virii are tiny.

I heard the lesions can be treated orally. You should ask her to try that if she finds anything.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 17:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Strong case for UBI? Lews what is your insight? I understand the purpose, benefits, and implications only minimally (actually I just picked up a book - 'Give People Money' - so I can better understand, but haven't dug into it yet), so wondering what an expert such as yourself thinks?

We'd shit bricks down here, JP, if someone suggested such in front of a microphone. We have such a crazy dichotomy in this country, going way to to "Puritanical" reasoning. We are, as good Christian Americans, supposed to be hard working and self sufficient, not relying on others to pay our way. Yet we're also supposed to "love our neighbors as ourselves" and help the poor and widowed.

Over the centuries, however, we have focused far, far more on the first of those ideas. We may pay lip service in some sermons to the second, but almost never in practice.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 18:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
I heard the lesions can be treated orally. You should ask her to try that if she finds anything.

HOLY SHIT! HALLO THAR! HOW YOU DOIN?!

You dirty nurses clearly think alike. Pretty sure you both blondes, too.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 18:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I do love my coworkers/fellow nurses because we think alike. Truly we are mostly cut from the same cloth, understand many things in the same way (especially people), share the same sense of humour, etc. Very important when you spend as much or more time with each other than your own friends and family.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 18:10 
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't know, without going full accelerationist, to me the silver lining and potential upside of this whole thing seems to be that it's really the ultimate "things cannot go on this way" wake-up call, if there's ever been one. Of course, things could potentially get a lot worse if the state does nothing but it seems like the closure of opera houses, VIP clubs and fancy restaurents will force the rich to make some concessions for once. In France, they've already passed things that would've seemed utterly unthinkable in the current political climate even a month ago (putting new money into the healthcare system instead of cutting, extending the due to date of rent payments for the month etc.). Even in Germany, the state's response has already exceeded what I expected. Obviously, the UKs initial reaction has been absolutely catastrophic but it seems like they're getting better now?

Old Post Mar-14-2020 18:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
I don't know, without going full accelerationist, to me the silver lining and potential upside of this whole thing seems to be that it's really the ultimate "things cannot go on this way" wake-up call, if there's ever been one.

Agree! Was just having the same conversation with one of my WhatsApp group chats.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 18:52 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:

Well, I am slightly biased, because I have been pro-UBI for years! (I think I first advocated for it around 2010.)

We're starting to see some movements that way, actually - Hong Kong is giving all residents ~$1,282 to help boost the economy, while German judges sneakily implemented a UBI of ~€1000 a month last year.

But, yes, I absolutely think that in the present circumstances there should be at a minimum a temporary UBI. Partially to help people on hourly-contracts and can't work from home and partially just to put a big boost into demand when things calm down and we've gotten past the virus.

I'd combine this with lots of other fiscal and monetary tools, by the way. But it's definitely one fiscal tool I would like to see governments using right now, even if they stopped it 6 months from now or whenever.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 19:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
it seems like the closure of opera houses ... will force the rich to make some concessions for once.

Opera tickets aren't overly expensive and are not just for the rich [at least here in the UK].

Old Post Mar-14-2020 19:49 
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Well, I am slightly biased, because I have been pro-UBI for years! (I think I first advocated for it around 2010.)

We're starting to see some movements that way, actually - Hong Kong is giving all residents ~$1,282 to help boost the economy, while German judges sneakily implemented a UBI of ~€1000 a month last year.

But, yes, I absolutely think that in the present circumstances there should be at a minimum a temporary UBI. Partially to help people on hourly-contracts and can't work from home and partially just to put a big boost into demand when things calm down and we've gotten past the virus.

I'd combine this with lots of other fiscal and monetary tools, by the way. But it's definitely one fiscal tool I would like to see governments using right now, even if they stopped it 6 months from now or whenever.

It just seems to be screaming evidence for implementing a UBI. Really curious to see what the world learns from this and how anything might change going forward.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 20:05 
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Well now I suspect maybe we've had the virus.

I'm actually wondering the same thing. I got the flu about a month ago, and my partner caught it off me. Clogged up sinuses, sore throat from all the coughing, fever and aches etc. At the time were joking about "lololol hope it's not coronavirus" but could it have been? Is it even possible to test for that now that the symptoms have gone?

It would be nice to know if we've already had it, because then we can relax knowing we won't get it again. Although I read somewhere (can't remember where, so no idea if the source is rubbish) that re-infection may be possible. Does anyone here have any info on that?

Old Post Mar-14-2020 23:26  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackArmin Van Buuren @ Bleu, Detroit, November 07 part3 [2009] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDyno - "Another Brick In The Sky" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread