Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Plans after Reopening the West Coast (post COVID-19)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)
Plans after Reopening the West Coast (post COVID-19)

Wuddup guys,

Looks like a low number of posts on here lately so I'm here to keep the west coast forum alive!

Topic of the thread: What are plans or goals or changes (whatever) once everything reopens? I don't want to say "when everything goes back to being normal" because I don't think things will ever be the same (we can discuss your opinions on this as well).

I've become a bit of hermit after my daughter was born but by choice (staying at home is awesome). So 2020 was supposed to be our year of having fun! We were going to travel this year. We had a road map for Spain (Barcelona), Portugal and Mexico (don't get a time share). But those plans were scrapped when COVID-19 quarantines hit us. Being stuck at home (not by choice) made me realize that I missed out on a lot opportunities to socialize with friends and family.

So my goal post COVID-19/Reopening/the new normal:

Party More!

sort of... I'd like to see my friends more often. I'd like to enjoy life a little differently than I've been doing for the past few years. I want to make up for these travel plans that we missed out on. To sum it up, I want enjoy life. At social distance of course

Old Post Jun-05-2020 14:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

Life is definitely weird now. Wife and I went to a restaurant last week and this week. All the workers wearing masks and gloves.

I miss going to parties once in a while. If all these protesters can get together in one place then why can't we have a party?

Old Post Jun-05-2020 20:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm also planning to take more time off from work. I've accumulated a lot of vacation time so why not use it!?!?!

Old Post Jun-08-2020 13:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

I having been planning road trips to San Diego and maybe Tahoe.

Have a 4-night resort credit and plane tix for Cabo that we plan to reschedule to August. Resorts are opening back up now and into July.

Aside from getting back to the gym (next Wednesday!!!) been missing just having drinks at a bar / restaurant. Hey, you wanna go grab tacos and beer somewhere? LOL! That simple sentence right there.....

Hopefully we can realize the July 4th reopen dates and we are planning as of now to have family and friends over, keeping it under 10 people though and setting up the patio for 6' eating. Going to be a challenge but i love planning things like that.

Certainly we will know in a few weeks if the large gatherings contribute to a spike, which for many reason hope not.

Have a pretty good tempo going working from home so I just continue that for a while...or until the company says we can all go back in.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Jun-09-2020 17:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

We had a trip scheduled for Cabo in August but had to push it back to next year. Just found out they moved our DJ Tennis even here in LA to October. I hope it happens but at the same time, a little worried about social distancing stuff. Could be a little too soon.

Once this vaccine is available and we can stop living in fear (hopefully), Billy is planning on partying!

Old Post Jun-11-2020 17:13  United States
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

man I just received my refund confirmation from Factory93 for Sasha & Digweed

I am sure they will schedule again for next year but was really looking forward to this..

Old Post Jun-25-2020 23:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by modthispny
man I just received my refund confirmation from Factory93 for Sasha & Digweed

I am sure they will schedule again for next year but was really looking forward to this..

I forgot they were playing this year.

I'm sure you've seen a lot of these DJ's posting their mixes on various platforms but there hasn't been a whole from Sasha.

Gina said that Sasha gave posted an instagram video of a short mix and interview he did a week or so ago. In it, he talks about how wonderful it's been not having to DJ every week and instead spend time with his family. Not to mention they've been living on Ibiza this summer which is practically empty. Imagine how cool that would be... to live on a beautiful island like Ibiza without the crazy, whacked out tourists.

Old Post Jun-29-2020 19:32  United States
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

i miss being a dark ass venue
i miss dancing in a sweaty crowd
i miss cooling off outside and smoking a joint
fuck, i miss standing in a bar line FFS

Old Post Jul-14-2020 17:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
i miss being a dark ass venue
i miss dancing in a sweaty crowd
i miss cooling off outside and smoking a joint
fuck, i miss standing in a bar line FFS

^ This. 100%

My living room doesn't count anymore. Drinks are cheaper though.

We bought a freaking laser. LOL. Now we have the rotating disco ball and a ground effects laser. Kinda cool, but not remotely close to the real thing.

I miss walking into the club before you even see the floor and just feeling it (the vibe, music, the anticipation, b4 the earplugs go in).

That cant be duplicated.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Jul-14-2020 17:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm over the whole live stream bull shit. It was fun back in March but it's lame as fuck in July.

Old Post Jul-15-2020 20:36  United States
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
I'm over the whole live stream bull shit. It was fun back in March but it's lame as fuck in July.

Yeah - The luster wore off quick on that one.

We only indulge now if there is someone we absolutely want to see or are chilling on the patio and feel like listening to something live.

great to see other venues start to open back up and do limited hours / capacity. Spybar for example.

Would fly out now and do 7p-11p just to freaking be in a club. Hopefully soon CA!

Old Post Jul-15-2020 21:27  United States
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

Hope you all went wild during the reopening!

Closing time

http://www.giantclub.com/

Old Post Jul-15-2020 21:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Plans after Reopening the West Coast (post COVID-19)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThis should be an easy one [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRobert Natus & Sven Wittekind - Bad Heroes [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread