Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Ehhh def an easy/not overly critical thing to monitor.

Old Post Mar-15-2020 16:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Chloroquine / hydroxychloroquine is getting more and more attention:

Chalk up another victory for the Gin and Tonic!

Old Post Mar-15-2020 16:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Chalk up another victory for the Gin and Tonic!

Lololol, saw someone calculate that you would need like 6L of tonic water to get a therapeutic dose, assuming that quinine would work in the same way.

Happy drinking!

Old Post Mar-15-2020 16:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Lololol, saw someone calculate that you would need like 6L of tonic water to get a therapeutic dose, assuming that quinine would work in the same way.

Happy drinking!

A little more than that, actually. 83-84mg of quinine per litre, while a therapeutic dose of quinine is 600mg. Looking at around 7.15 litres of tonic water.

Assuming a ratio of 3:1, that will require a not-too-shabby 2.4 litres of gin. At 40% ABV, that's a solid 750 grams of alcohol.

The cure may be worse than the disease

That's all assuming that the tonic water had actual quinine in it, of course. Lots of the cheap stuff doesn't.

Of course, one could also procure cinchona bark and produce one's own! Lots of home recipes have twice the quantity of quinine as is in the commercial stuff. One could easily bring down the quantity of tonic water necessary to 3-3.5 litres, thus requiring only a litre of gin. Much more survivable!

Old Post Mar-15-2020 17:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Now my partner has come home from work with a cough and I've no idea what a reasonable course of action is. If it takes a week for the virus to manifest symptoms then I've surely kissed her and contracted it in that time. But could I really take a week off work now because she has a cough? Is that the right thing to do or ludicrous over-caution? And should I send her to sleep in the spare room tonight and see how she feels tomorrow, or is that a waste of time?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Mar-15-2020 22:44  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Now my partner has come home from work with a cough and I've no idea what a reasonable course of action is. If it takes a week for the virus to manifest symptoms then I've surely kissed her and contracted it in that time. But could I really take a week off work now because she has a cough? Is that the right thing to do or ludicrous over-caution? And should I send her to sleep in the spare room tonight and see how she feels tomorrow, or is that a waste of time?

I wouldn't bother with the spare room if it was me. Like you said, if she's got it then you likely do already.

Is there somewhere she can get tested this late? Or how long do results even take to come back with a positive/negative?

Old Post Mar-15-2020 23:30  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:

Wash your hands a lot, and keep your hands out of your nose, mouth, and eyes. She should be coughing in her sleeve and also doing frequent thorough handwashing.

If it IS the virus, self isolation is recommended for 14 days. Do you guys have testing available over there??

Test turnaround is 24 hours. At least here.

Old Post Mar-15-2020 23:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

quote:

Put Listerine on her penis imo.

Old Post Mar-16-2020 00:52  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Some encouraging results with tocilizumab (Actemra, rheumatoid arthritis drug). 19 of 20 patients, all classed as “severe,” discharged two weeks after starting treatment:

http://chinaxiv.org/user/download.h...87&filetype=pdf

Last edited by Vector A on Mar-16-2020 at 02:19

Old Post Mar-16-2020 02:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:

Getting a test here is harder than finding a toilet roll.

The NHS suggests taking this online assessment and following the instructions:

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19

We will push for a test at our next midwife appointment. But from what I hear they are being super stingy about it.

Old Post Mar-16-2020 07:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Getting a test here is harder than finding a toilet roll.

That's bad. Though from what I'm reading, our supplies of tests here in Oz are rapidly running out quickly. Also bad.

Obviously, nobody was thinking it would go insane like this, but it has.

Of course our conservative govt is trying to play it down, because they're idiots. World-wide pandemic, but they still said "Yeah, yeah, go ahead and have big group gatherings etc. but just for this weekend, no more after Monday"

And so everyone is losing their shit, panic buying even more.

Old Post Mar-16-2020 08:20  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yeah, testing here is only for those with severe symptoms. Otherwise the advice is to stay at home for 7 days if you display a fever or persistent dry coughing.

I just went to work this morning. Sure enough, she's woke up today feeling better so it's probably just a bit of a cold. It shows how difficult it's going to be for people to effectively diagnose themselves though.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Mar-16-2020 08:59  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul Oakenfold - Zoo York Violin [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDisable Audio - Roxta (Original) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread