Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I always WANT to drink, but then think about the effort required to do it as well as to function optimally the next day, and I back out like a lame. I did enjoy a whiskey and Fever Tree ginger ale on St Paddy's, gatdamn that shit is bomb.

All my friends who work for big banks (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc) don't drink on weekdays because of the effect the next day. I think they're insane. I'm probably an alcoholic, but I can't imagine not having a bottle of wine a day. Though I also draw a distinction between spirits and wine

Also, I love Fever Tree. Great fucking mixers. Though I did sell their stock in January as I became concerned about shit.

Old Post Mar-21-2020 00:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Promo
Still amusing to run into people who don’t understand why things are shut down “because we don’t shut things down for the flu” and will buttress their tepid argument with anecdotal claims of not knowing anyone personally who has been infected.

Yea. I had someone I know ask me yesterday "Hey, do you know anyone who has it?!" with a tone of doubt to the reality of the situation. Like, really dude?! wtf

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Mar-21-2020 00:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
And rightly so!

I honestly couldn't understand why it was so popular over there when I lived in the UK. Almost every pub was serving it, whereas nobody drinks it here at all. Is it still that popular, or have people finally figured out that it's swill?

Well, I haven't been to a pub in two weeks, now, and I don't frequent them that often, anymore, in general, now that I'm not a student, but it did seem to still be pretty popular last time I was in. I've never understood its popularity. Such swill!

Old Post Mar-21-2020 00:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
All my friends who work for big banks (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc) don't drink on weekdays because of the effect the next day. I think they're insane. I'm probably an alcoholic, but I can't imagine not having a bottle of wine a day. Though I also draw a distinction between spirits and wine

It's the toddler/parenting factor. Patience is not one of my strengths, so I just can't have any kind of hangover around my daughter, and I don't like being disengaged. Not fair to her. I choose when/how I indulge more judiciously than in the past lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Also, I love Fever Tree. Great fucking mixers. Though I did sell their stock in January as I became concerned about shit.

Yeah! Of course I told a group of my friends and the majority of them were like "Oh yeah the tonic is great!", "Omg Fever Tree is the shit!", etc. And I was all "WTF GUYS."

Old Post Mar-21-2020 00:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
It's the toddler/parenting factor. Patience is not one of my strengths, so I just can't have any kind of hangover around my daughter, and I don't like being disengaged. Not fair to her. I choose when/how I indulge more judiciously than in the past lol.

Sounds like you're a good mom

I'm looking forward to fatherhood having the same effect on me. I imagine it'll be rewarding in many other ways too.

Old Post Mar-21-2020 10:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

I forgot about St. Patrick's Day. Guess all the noise from this other shiat drowned it out.

Old Post Mar-21-2020 11:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Sounds like you're a good mom

I'm looking forward to fatherhood having the same effect on me. I imagine it'll be rewarding in many other ways too.

I'm not perfect by any means, but I know what she needs and I know what's important to me/us as people nurturing and guiding another human. Tbh it's pretty easy 90% of the time, and it helps that our sweet child has the loveliest personality.

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I forgot about St. Patrick's Day. Guess all the noise from this other shiat drowned it out.

Pffft! Not me! Had a big afternoon (and night if we were gonna make it that far) planned with some friends. It's always a blast here at the local bars/pubs.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Mar-21-2020 at 11:29

Old Post Mar-21-2020 11:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

A very informative article on the likely source of the novel coronavirus:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...w-coronavirus1/

Old Post Mar-21-2020 11:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
And rightly so!

I honestly couldn't understand why it was so popular over there when I lived in the UK. Almost every pub was serving it, whereas nobody drinks it here at all. Is it still that popular, or have people finally figured out that it's swill?

Swill? Swill?! Easy, now, Stu. Let's not engage in ad hominem attacks on this fine lager!

Old Post Mar-21-2020 11:42  United States
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
I'm not perfect by any means, but I know what she needs and I know what's important to me/us as people nurturing and guiding another human. Tbh it's pretty easy 90% of the time, and it helps that our sweet child has the loveliest personality.

No one's perfect, that's for sure. Not even you, Jenny

My partner was reading a book last night and baffled by the anecdotes and how negative most women think of their pregnancy. We're either very lucky or she's just one of those women who gets on with it. She joked that maybe all the hangovers and comedowns prepared her for pregnancy because nothing she has felt in the last 8 months compares lol. When we went to our antenatel classes, some women were such complainers. I can't say that, but she can lol. And she did. People make it seem like having a kid is the hardest thing ever. As you say, I think it'll be pretty easy considering our general approach to life and how we mesh. Time will tell. At the end of the day, it's about keeping things in perspective. I should probably post this in the parenting thread instead, but this neat little book serves as a great reminder of that:

https://www.theschooloflife.com/sho...s-of-parenting/

Old Post Mar-21-2020 12:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Yeah, I also had a really great pregnancy and labour (natural/no drugs [well, one shot of morphine right at the beginning but that was it]). What women do/don't know and believe about both is staggering. Not only that, but so many people don't take care of themselves and/or aren't physically fit. I can't imagine being pregnant on top of being a slob is very easy or comfortable, lol.

Old Post Mar-21-2020 12:24 
OrangestO
–30–

I wonder how much supportive partners play a role in the whole process. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I cook, clean, do the shopping, etc. I've done everything I can so that she can focus on being pregnant and nothing else. Plus it gives me a card to play when I drink a pint too many and stay on the decks a little late lol. Seriously though. If you're pregnant, dealing with severe symptoms and have a partner who doesn't help like that, it must be hard. But it's insufferable to be around those people

Old Post Mar-21-2020 12:32 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from Steve Porter Balance Promo [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCondor - "Velvet Dreams" (Skylight Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread