Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Lol yeah, good old paternalism. We've been brainwashed to believe labour/childbirth is a medical process, when it isn't (except obviously in emergency, high risk, or other complicated cases). It's kind of insane when you think about it.

Old Post Apr-06-2020 11:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Lol yeah, good old paternalism. We've been brainwashed to believe labour/childbirth is a medical process, when it isn't (except obviously in emergency, high risk, or other complicated cases). It's kind of insane when you think about it.

But dem insurance execs gotta get paid, yo.

Old Post Apr-06-2020 11:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I highly recommend you both read the book Hypnobirthing. Staying at home shouldn't change labour at all, if you can both stay calm, focused, in the zone, and in sync with her body. I wanted a natural birth but never intended to do it at home;however, I DID labour mostly at home. By the time I got to the hospital I was already 5cm dilated and our baby came 6 hours later (I immediately asked for a morphine + gravol shot and had no more drugs the rest of my labour. I too opted for gas at the end but wasn't sucking on that tube right and don't think I got any. Helped with my breathing though! Lol). Home is way more comfortable anyway, you both will be much more relaxed in your own zone.

Our bodies are literally made for giving birth,just have to keep the mind aligned with with the process, while also relinquishing control in a way. Read that book, seriously. You'll see what I mean.

Your job will be to help keep her focused, to not spin out of control, to help her breathe through the contractions. There is an awesome move our doula showed my husband, where he put his forearms on my hips and compressed them, thereby fanning them open during contractions. Amazing, really helped keep me comfortable. She can also get in a hot bath or shower. I was in and out of the hot shower a few times during my labour. Oh and btw, put some garbage bags or old sheets down on the floors. You're welcome.

One very simple and KEY nugget you both can think of throughout labour is, with each contraction you are that much closer to meeting your baby! Really helps to keep things in perspective, especially at peak labour, which is transition phase.

Oh boy I'm so excited for you!! You guys'll be great, I know it!

She's been watching some videos on hypnobirthing for a few months. One of the first things she said after she got off the phone was that she needs to practice it more. I'll tell her about the book, thanks. She's not so stressed about staying at home and enduring more of the pain here; I get to be with her. She's worried about not having me around during the whole process. It's sweet but also sad. She hates the thought of me leaving her after the birth, but I told her to think about how happy she'll feel that he's there to keep her company and healthy. I understand the hospital's concerns and why they're doing it. Sucks, but what can you do. Gotta focus on the positives.

Thanks for all the other advice; it's reassuring. Appreciate the kind words

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
Y u noggas gotta turn every thread into a parent's thread..😕

Sorry, carry on.

Old Post Apr-06-2020 12:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Yeah that sucks for both of you. But, like you said, take solace in the fact you'll all be together at the end of it! Ahhhh sooo exciting!

Old Post Apr-06-2020 12:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

There's a parenting thread for that shit guys. Let's please keep this thread a reliable source of despair and gloom, if at all possible.

Old Post Apr-06-2020 12:34  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Old Post Apr-06-2020 12:38 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

A friend in London just gave birth this weekend, one month prematurely. Went to some maternal birthing-only hospital or something? Not sure of the name, but she said it was very pleasant. Only 5 hours in labour

Old Post Apr-06-2020 12:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I assume that would be active labour, not the ENTIRE labour (I would be surprised at calling it pleasant if the whole thing was that quick, but hey - everyone's experience is different!). But yes, only 5 hours is fantastic. Labour is basically the most intense endurance workout of one's life. I remember thinking to myself very close to the end, "I just want to take a nap, wahh!"

Old Post Apr-06-2020 13:15 
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
The world is ending and you talk about babies. This is why I know the virus can’t win, nothing will stop humans fucking and birthing, no matter how shitty no virus can beat half a million years of human survival instinct evolution and hornyness.

Hell yeah

Old Post Apr-06-2020 16:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

Babies can fucking die for all I care, Zak.

Old Post Apr-06-2020 16:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

I need more stem cells

Old Post Apr-06-2020 16:27  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Breaking news, you're all f00ked.

Old Post Apr-06-2020 16:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSomething on positiva (trance) [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSean Miller - Swells [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread