Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > The story behind you and Ta
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Lord
good old days

gravedigger

Old Post Jun-17-2013 16:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RemiX
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
gravedigger

I remember when tranceddict used to host MP3s on their main page. This was 2000/2001 (at the height on napster) or so. Back then, I was an avid collector of music and searched everywhere for free music and this site came up.

Things have changed alot since then, but unfortunately, it feels like this board is kind of stuck in a time warp. Our TA community is probably 1/4 of what it was a few years ago.

Old Post Jun-17-2013 16:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RemiX Click here to Send RemiX a Private Message Add RemiX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
civicstyle
everybody wants you...

Holy threadsurrection, Batman.

Old Post Jun-17-2013 17:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for civicstyle Click here to Send civicstyle a Private Message Add civicstyle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Vza
Gone Deep

i like this thread.

i was introduced to dance music when I went to college at UofRochester in 01.
all this kids from the city and DC listened to armin, pvd, tiesto, etc.

then summer/fall 06 I moved to NY and saw PVD in the park, GnD at Pacha, Andy Moor at Love and Armin at Crobar.

some girl at Andy Moor was asking me if I was on TA and I was like nah, and she was like whhhyyyy nottttt

so cl005k had me join. and after that i came out more, met the crew, grew some balls and posted reviews on the forum and eventually went corporate and started hanging out with Pauly D.

still love mah TAs doe

soundcloud.com/jaceomusic

Old Post Jun-17-2013 19:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Vza Click here to Send The Vza a Private Message Visit The Vza's homepage! Add The Vza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hitokiri
Jugulatin Foos Everywhere

quote:
Originally posted by civicstyle
Holy threadsurrection, Batman.
what he said

check out my radio show Harmonic Dissonance every 1st Thursday of the month at 10:00 pm EST on Party103
*** upcoming gigs***
TBD

Old Post Jun-17-2013 20:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hitokiri Click here to Send hitokiri a Private Message Visit hitokiri's homepage! Add hitokiri to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Vza
Gone Deep

quote:
Originally posted by hitokiri
what he said

The first time I ever saw Jay (2006, PvD after party at Element) I thought he was some mystical glow stick being. Had these photons on his fingers and was doing shit that blew my mind. I was... not sober... and watching from a distance. Too scurred to ask for a show.

Now I can't get him to leave me alone LOL love you buddy

soundcloud.com/jaceomusic

Old Post Jun-17-2013 22:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Vza Click here to Send The Vza a Private Message Visit The Vza's homepage! Add The Vza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Lord
Bittersweet Symphony

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
gravedigger

can't believe it's been over 10 years man! everybodys gone too! moved to RA or something more hipster? hahaha or i guess we all grew up...

Old Post Jun-17-2013 23:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Lord Click here to Send DJ_Lord a Private Message Add DJ_Lord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TrancEdifice
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
can't believe it's been over 10 years man! everybodys gone too! moved to RA or something more hipster? hahaha or i guess we all grew up...

Well, I'm still here Never did leave, just have not been much into posting, even back then. Despite TA not being the same, I'm so grateful it is still around. This is specially true whenever I pass the areas where yesteryear's clubs/parties used to be: Arc, Exit, Spirit, Crobar, Roxy, Centrofly, TFST. Or whenever I listen to tracks like Flight 643, Tenshi, Tell Mw Why, Tracking Treasure Down, Flesh, Eugina (which I missed hearing at Trance Classics night recently) or watch movies like GrooveI think we might be a hearty enough bunch to survive trouse and other cacophobous deviations as I still see people going to good parties and posting decent reviews. I still come here for information (especially reviews) on trance parties, rather than FB or other social media. And I prefer the interface and aesthetic of TA than other websites; feels more authentic. Viva TA!

Old Post Jun-18-2013 02:08  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for TrancEdifice Click here to Send TrancEdifice a Private Message Add TrancEdifice to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freeza
Mondial'd

quote:
Originally posted by Freeza
Took me a few minutes, but I remember now heh - Some random person just IMed me someday on AIM (Because of my profile since it says what DJ's I like, and this person liked the same ones and was bored i guess) So we were talking about AvB, Tiesto, PvD, etc, and he just asked me if I knew about TA - And I was like "whaaa" So I checked it out, but it didn't really intrest me back then for some reason. It wasn't untill I got back from WEMF in Canada of 2001 - That's when I started posting. I wanted to read review about the event, and I remembered that this website was based out of Canada, so I decided to check it out again - So I did, and joined and started posting and have been ever since

Old Post Jun-18-2013 03:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freeza Click here to Send Freeza a Private Message Add Freeza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Lord
Bittersweet Symphony

quote:
Originally posted by TrancEdifice
Well, I'm still here Never did leave, just have not been much into posting, even back then. Despite TA not being the same, I'm so grateful it is still around. This is specially true whenever I pass the areas where yesteryear's clubs/parties used to be: Arc, Exit, Spirit, Crobar, Roxy, Centrofly, TFST. Or whenever I listen to tracks like Flight 643, Tenshi, Tell Mw Why, Tracking Treasure Down, Flesh, Eugina (which I missed hearing at Trance Classics night recently) or watch movies like GrooveI think we might be a hearty enough bunch to survive trouse and other cacophobous deviations as I still see people going to good parties and posting decent reviews. I still come here for information (especially reviews) on trance parties, rather than FB or other social media. And I prefer the interface and aesthetic of TA than other websites; feels more authentic. Viva TA!

dude i get nostalgic everytime i listen to trance lol! nowadays my style changed completely so i rarely play anything remotely close to trance but i do listen to it and remember the days when we'd go into roxy at 10pm and leave the next day at 9am after an 8 hour set from pvd! hahahah

Old Post Jun-18-2013 04:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Lord Click here to Send DJ_Lord a Private Message Add DJ_Lord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
dude i get nostalgic everytime i listen to trance lol! nowadays my style changed completely so i rarely play anything remotely close to trance but i do listen to it and remember the days when we'd go into roxy at 10pm and leave the next day at 9am after an 8 hour set from pvd! hahahah

shhh dont tell them anything about an 8hr set, no one will believe you and you'll be looked at as a crazy jaded old man

fucking kids these days
*waves cane*

Old Post Jun-18-2013 13:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
benjamin1forty
tranceaddict

i used to come on here for the Tracklist for Oakenfold's Essential Mix World Tour. Then saw all the event listings after i turned 21 a few years ago.

Old Post Jun-18-2013 13:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for benjamin1forty Click here to Send benjamin1forty a Private Message Add benjamin1forty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > The story behind you and Ta
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEasy ID, I think [2002] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNico Parisi - "Eclipse 2000" [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread