Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

More to the point - though not so much on the pumping front I suppose - I quite enjoyed listening to Ashley Casselle's Deviations 2CD from 2001. Plenty of tracks I never really came across on other cds/in sets from the era.

Old Post Sep-23-2020 09:25  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
You talking about the above set in particular, or about what was called prog throughout most of the 00's in general?

Either way I consider both prog, for at least no other reason than how you can trace its genealogy to and through the period you're asking about.

I was just trying to sound urbane.

That set isn't bad actually, although it gets a bit fluffy about two thirds of the way in. I can stretch the cut-off point to 2003 as it was something of a liminal year for prog. Anything from 2004 onwards is definitely off the cards though. Mention that year on TA and you get buried under a landslide of nostalgia for shit McProg and Holden-esque CPU malfunction sounds. That 2004 Sasha set people are gushing about in the other thread is utterly dire, for example.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Sep-23-2020 10:29  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

This will be more to your liking - Diggers in high quality. Tracklist nicked from source.

quote:

[000] Intro
[001] ID
[007] Stef - Joachim
[012] Funk Function - Empress III.V (Dance Dub)
[017] Escape - Cascade Pt 1
[024] HH - Ice 897 (Ohral Club Mix)
[028] RR Workshop - Mess With Da Bul
[034] Sandra Collins - Flutterby
[044] Mark Hunt - Over & Out (Information Zulu Mix)
[048] Breeder - Rockstone
[054] Prism - Innerscape
[063] Paul van Dyk - Avenue
[070] ID
[075] Mike Oldfield - Far Above The Clouds (Jam & Spoon Deep Inside The Club Mix)
[080] Cabala - 333
[087] Danny Tenaglia - Turn Me On (John Digweed & Nick Muir's Bedrock Mix)
[094] Armin - Virgo
[099] Oliver Lieb Pres. Snakeman - Africa
[104] ID
[110] Breeder - The Chain (Babealicious Mix)
[116] Slacker - Flying

Last edited by Midlothian on Sep-23-2020 at 15:00

Old Post Sep-23-2020 14:46  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

It's not the Babealicious Mix of 'The Chain' he plays; it's one of the unreleased versions. And annoyingly he brings 'Flying' in far too early. Overall a great mix, though.

Old Post Sep-23-2020 14:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
This will be more to your liking - Diggers in high quality. Tracklist nicked from source.

Yeah, this is the shit. Good length too - I'm just getting up to the point I can listen to almost all of a 2 hour mix during my long run. Shame the levels are a bit wonky in places - it goes really quiet during Cascades, for example.

I owe that Sasha set in the other thread a mild apology - I was confusing it with the other 2004 one someone posted recently that had Gabriel & Dresden and all kinds of wank in it.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 09:52  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

You might want to have a browse of that hearthis account . Seems to be the source also of the high-quality recordings of old prog sets that have more recently appeared out of nowhere.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 09:55  Netherlands
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Have you had a look at Chris Fortier's Soundcloud page, by the way? There's some good-looking stuff on there from his own archives, such as this and this. Long sets though.

I can't remember whether I spammed the latter set onto the forum already. It includes Delerium – Silence (Fade Dub) at the end before the Sanctuary Mix. Pretty rare to encounter that, I think?
I suppose that's what is also on Northern Exposure Expeditions albeit uncredited, isn't it? Rather than this nonsense about Sasha and Digweed adding some fx of their own, as I remember vaguely from times past.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 10:01  Netherlands
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

It hasn't escaped my notice that practically everything you've posted has been from that account.

This one has a listing on Discogs so it's obviously been circulating for some time. These boys were bootlegged to death back in the day. Interestingly the second half seems to have been mislabelled as a Sasha mix on some of the tapes that were floating around back then.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 10:02  England
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
I can't remember whether I spammed the latter set onto the forum already. It includes Delerium – Silence (Fade Dub) at the end before the Sanctuary Mix. Pretty rare to encounter that, I think?
I suppose that's what is also on Northern Exposure Expeditions albeit uncredited, isn't it? Rather than this nonsense about Sasha and Digweed adding some fx of their own, as I remember vaguely from times past.

I don't really like the combined version on Expeditions. For years I'd only heard the American release with Silence missing, then I bought the UK CD release second hand and was smacking my lips at the prospect of Silence peaking the set. Instead having it stretch out for so long seems to completely enervate proceedings for no good reason.

CD1 of Expeditions generally is probably the weakest disc in the S&D official canon.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 10:04  England
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Yeah I merely contribute an ID or two to tracklists.

And yes, agreed re. Expeditions. That said, if Fortier's digging in his archives I wouldn't mind if that Dub were made available in some way.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 10:07  Netherlands
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
You might want to have a browse of that hearthis account . Seems to be the source also of the high-quality recordings of old prog sets that have more recently appeared out of nowhere.

He was on Soundcloud for years, until they deleted his account for copyright infringement. Thankfully heartthis has let him stay. He's definitely been the best public uploader of prog sets for the last 5-10 years, since Mercury Server went downhill.

Old Post Sep-24-2020 10:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Okay, but hearthis:

quote:
[000] Liquid Love - Sweet Harmony (Saints & Sinners Remix)
[006] Danny Howells & Dick Trevor pres Science Dept - Repercussion (Funk Function Melody Remix)
[012] The Idjut Boys & Quackerman - Radio Rage
[019] Moonface - Overactive
[026] Saints And Sinners - Dub Trump
[032] Trancetters - Roaches (Peace Division Remix)
[038] Danny Howells & Dick Trevor pres Science Dept - Repercussion (Funk Function Future Remix)
[044] Francesco Farfa - Tribe'N'Trance (Voyager Remix)
[053] Steve Porter - Sensor
[060] Remy - Home Again
[063] Schiller - Ruhe (Humate Remix)
[066] Blu Peter - Substance (Tarrentella vs Redanka Remix)
[071] Sander Kleinenberg - Storm
[078] Saints & Sinners - Pushin' Too Hard (Futureshock Confession Mix)
[084] Killahurtz - West On 27th (A Tribe Called Killahurtz Mix)
[094] Breeder - Tyrantanic (Ocean Wave Mix)
[098] Astral Projection - Liquid Sun (Cass & Slide Remix)
[106] Lucian Foort - Vivid Skies
[112] Taylor - Xenophobe (Cass & Slide Remix)
[121] Oliver Lieb - Subraumstimulation (Sander Kleinenberg Remix)
[129] Slacker - Fusion
[136] Luzon - The Baguio Track (John Digweed & Nick Muir Bedrock Mix)
[143] Maria Naylor - Angry Skies (Quivver Remix)
[147] Remy - Backstabber
[155] Remy - Pumped Up (Original Mix)
[160] Classified Project - Resurrection (Subculture Relaxation Mix)
[165] Bedrock - Heaven Scent (John Johnson Remix)
]173] Breeder - New York FM (Van Bellen Remix)
[180] Sasha - Xpander (12" Original)
[188] Underworld - Dark & Long (Dark Train Mix)

Old Post Sep-24-2020 15:26 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease ID track played by Paul Oakenfold [2008] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAirwave - People Just Don't Care [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread