Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Please explain the difference between....
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Scoops
4 bags deep

Please explain the difference between....

a Supporting Set vs a Opening set....

more and more i see these 2 gimmicks tossed around in the nightclub world.

If 2 djs are both playing before a headliner...doesn't the qualify as opening sets???

no offense but this is probably one of the stupidest things going around these days and just another excuse for DJs to get their friends through the doors

Old Post Jan-07-2013 02:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

Old Post Jan-07-2013 04:19  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

Re: Please explain the difference between....

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
a Supporting Set vs a Opening set....

more and more i see these 2 gimmicks tossed around in the nightclub world.

If 2 djs are both playing before a headliner...doesn't the qualify as opening sets???

no offense but this is probably one of the stupidest things going around these days and just another excuse for DJs to get their friends through the doors

I refer to it usually as supporting set by someone within the same artist label as the headliner or brought by the headliner as a package deal or has a following of their own already internationally and not just locally.

But in a sense, yes, used interchangeably many times.

Old Post Jan-07-2013 04:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

supporting is someone close to/affiliated to the event.

opening is just the dude contracted under the club hoping he can catch a drift.

common sense vocabulary 101.

Old Post Jan-07-2013 09:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

Old Post Jan-07-2013 14:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

Old Post Jan-07-2013 14:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep

your new pic =

Old Post Jan-07-2013 15:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
your new pic =

so my magic is working on you finally...

all gold everything lmaoooo

Old Post Jan-07-2013 16:11 
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
so my magic is working on you finally...

all gold everything lmaoooo

psh your magic... HIS magic.

Old Post Jan-07-2013 16:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

i love HIS magic too

Old Post Jan-07-2013 16:32 
AY STAR
let the music use you up

Re: Re: Please explain the difference between....

quote:
Originally posted by element-y
I refer to it usually as supporting set by someone within the same artist label as the headliner or brought by the headliner as a package deal or has a following of their own already internationally and not just locally.

yea i think it relates to now with all these new superstar pop dj's who come and spin 2 hour sets. thats not enough so they bring in someone else close to their label/style for them to open or close for them
just another excuse to sucker people into the club imo

Old Post Jan-07-2013 23:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mahi01
Suspended User

Roku is a streaming device, which is a reasonable roku activation and other Set-up Box. Roku is a bundle of amusement, where client can stream for boundless motion appears, web arrangement, news, animation and a lot more projects.

Old Post Nov-11-2020 11:23  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Mahi01 Click here to Send Mahi01 a Private Message Add Mahi01 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Please explain the difference between....
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback3rd track from Marco V @ Godskitchen 19-10-02 [2003] [8]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLeama & Moor - "Shades of Red" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread