Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Birthplace of TranceAddict
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
endless_summer
Supreme tranceaddict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by StereoPrincess
did you not meet him at the block party. [/QUOTE

no i did not

too bad none remembered to give him kudos over mic

next time

Old Post Sep-07-2006 01:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for endless_summer Click here to Send endless_summer a Private Message Add endless_summer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fir3start3r
Armin Acolyte

quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL

"I used to be a EuroDance fanatic as those of you that were on #DanceMP3 (Efnet IRC) would remember seeing Swamper's site being posted"

- Swamper

Busted!!

Old Post Sep-07-2006 02:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Fir3start3r Click here to Send Fir3start3r a Private Message Add Fir3start3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VERTiG0
cunning linguist.

Whoaaaa, Dune - Million Miles From Home.

Old Post Sep-07-2006 02:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for VERTiG0 Click here to Send VERTiG0 a Private Message Add VERTiG0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
All I'm gonna say is "thank you" to Del. Hope you remember the little convo I had with you outside the bathrooms in the KH right when Ferry came on
Yup, I remember....it was good we had that convo at KH, had it been at Nat's BBQ I dunno how much I'd remember

quote:
Originally posted by Ni-Cd
Sorta reminds me way back in the day when i'd dial into a BBS that only had one modem to post things on the message board.

Abercrombie: hahaha... yeah, i'm old. I got my first 2400 baud modem when i was eight... [*cough* geek *cough*]. I still remember getting the latest video game one 1.44mb disk at a time from some board, tying up the dude's modem for like, three days. :P What a waste of time!!

Ah yes, the days of 300 / 1200 / 2400 / 9600bps / 14.4HST / hs-link / os/2 / 360k / 720k disks /telix /telemate /telegard /pcboard... Actually my first real exposure to electronica came in the early 80s with Jean Michelle Jarre and then 1985-1989 with the very popular 'demo' scene in Europe (Finland/Denmark/Germany/Holland especially) that had geeks come together and compete to program the best assembler/machine language (C64) demos accompanied by repetitive electronic music that sounded pretty good for it's time - thanks to the 3-channel SID chip/sound card.

I got my start with BBS' in the 80s, admin'ing a few on the Commodore 64 and then moving to the PC in 1989 where things were a little more interesting...

TA came about specifically because of the annoyance that other sites were at the time - that required you to register in order to download or participate... I wanted something that was free of hassle and BS. The forum started as a basic Bravenet forum for a couple of months in mid 2000 and then I moved to UBB for 6 months and then vBulletin and my own dedicated server (450mhz RAQ3/256mb ram) at the start of 2001.

Here's a screenshot:

...things got real busy after I posted the December 2000 Paul Van Dyk set:

Feb 2000-Jan 2001:

Dec 2000-Nov 2001:

Now of course the site gets a few more visitors, about 1.2 million a month with 50% from North America and 40% from Europe.

That's enough for now

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Sep-08-2006 20:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stren
Strenowski

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper

cool insight, tell us more

insignificant cor member alliance

Old Post Sep-08-2006 21:28  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for stren Click here to Send stren a Private Message Visit stren's homepage! Add stren to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Killah Monkey
Brick hoooouse...

I thought TA was born from a cacoon in swampers basement...

Old Post Sep-08-2006 21:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Killah Monkey Click here to Send Killah Monkey a Private Message Visit Killah Monkey's homepage! Add Killah Monkey to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ToMaZeE
Senior tranceaddict

Swamper was also an OP in #toronto

Old Post Sep-08-2006 22:02  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for ToMaZeE Click here to Send ToMaZeE a Private Message Add ToMaZeE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

swamper is an old man that lives in a box. legend has it three magical leprechauns once visited him while he was eating bowl of me lucky charms and wisked him away on a magical journey of gay orgies, trance music, and sugar plum fairies dancing and tickling his ass hairs.......

i really dunno where im going with this post

Old Post Sep-08-2006 22:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
swamper is an old man that lives in a box. legend has it three magical leprechauns once visited him while he was eating bowl of me lucky charms and wisked him away on a magical journey of gay orgies, trance music, and sugar plum fairies dancing and tickling his ass hairs.......

i really dunno where im going with this post

Go back to your cage Eric before you scare someone

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Sep-08-2006 22:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jpistone
Supreme tranceaddict

braps tooo #dancemp3

quote:
Originally posted by drgoodvibe
actually.. it all started in #dancemp3 on EFnet circa 199*

Old Post Sep-09-2006 02:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jpistone Click here to Send jpistone a Private Message Add jpistone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
endless_summer
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks guys

Old Post Sep-19-2006 00:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for endless_summer Click here to Send endless_summer a Private Message Add endless_summer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PseudoCoder
Supreme tranceaddict

Ah memories!

Old Post Sep-19-2006 01:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for PseudoCoder Click here to Send PseudoCoder a Private Message Add PseudoCoder to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Birthplace of TranceAddict
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFerry Corsten Live at Impulz 17-2-2001 [2002] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackE.N.E.R.G.Y. - Party Time (M.I.K.E. Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread