Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2017
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
I heard great things all around. A couple people said they should just move it there permanently and I agree. There's no point with the hassle of getting to and from the Island. When you're actually at the party it looks like any other park and you can't even see the skyline. I imagine it costs the organizers more money to get all the equipment over the island as well.

The flyers for the Canada Day party say it's back at Hanlan's but the news reports I read about the Island being closed indicated it was till AT LEAST June 30 so the next one very well could be changed to Woodbine at last minute again.

I think it would be too risky to wait until the last minute to see if the island would be open. They'd be scrambling. They would have known that the island was closed for May 24 for weeks.

I've heard that Woodbine is already booked for Canada Day.

I also agree with jsbilin though...they need to fix the public transit out there. I've gone out to Woodbine for other events (Queen's Plate and Wipeout Run) and unless you're driving, it's so difficult, and can be quite expensive, to get back downtown. That's a city thing though, unless EI arranged for shuttle busses.

Old Post May-26-2017 13:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
I think it would be too risky to wait until the last minute to see if the island would be open. They'd be scrambling. They would have known that the island was closed for May 24 for weeks.

I don't think they'd have to wait any longer than they did for this one. I'm sure they made "just in case" arrangements for Woodbine on the last one as soon as the island started flooding. All they had to do was let all the vendors etc know once the city made it's decision with less than a week to go.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post May-28-2017 00:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

http://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-is...water-1.3437970

Wonder where it's going to be then?

Not too impressed with Ritchie as the surprise guest personally.

Old Post Jun-02-2017 00:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I thought Woodbine was already booked for something else? Where did I hear that?

Regardless, yeah meh to the Island. That these parties are open air at all is what makes them an awesome summer jam...as long as they can continue to throw them at outdoor venues, doesn't have to stay an Island thing imo.

I also don't give a shit about Richie, but am SO stoked that Flugel is on the line up, as this is the only EI I can attend this summer. YAY!

Old Post Jun-02-2017 20:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

My guess would be Q107 being at Woodbine Park already. They do a free thing there every Canada Day

Old Post Jun-03-2017 02:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DamnDirtyApe
BananaAddict

I really like Woodbine Park since it's 5 minutes from my house, but it is booked by Q107 on July 1 so I'm not sure what EI will end up doing.

I actually cruised through the islands on a boat about a week ago. It's not literally Waterworld over there, but all of the shorelines are flooded and I'm sure the city doesn't want people wandering close to the water's edge, getting stuck in the muddy banks now underwater, etc.

Old Post Jun-16-2017 18:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DamnDirtyApe Click here to Send DamnDirtyApe a Private Message Add DamnDirtyApe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Woodbine park was really good, I had street parking which was really free and a 5 min walk to entrance. It was a bit busy leaving sue to the May 2-4 fireworks.

This new spot on 51 Commissioners sucks big time. No good place to public, crappy public transit, taxis and prbly even ubers will be a bother to use as well.

Deff the crappiest location imo

I hope they save money this time around and book a better location for August.

As mentioned before the new location for the island on Hanalan Point is completely garbage. The old location was beautiful as you were by the water and can see the skyline and the tree in the middle of the dance floor was still pretty awesome imo.

Bring it back to Olympic Island or lets just stay on the main land.

As for the line up,Roman and Maceo will be great. I don't really care for Hawtin to much. Curious to see this Atish character.

Old Post Jun-27-2017 16:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Sold my ticket. Location too much of a pain in the ass for me to get to considering I only wanted to go for Flugel. What a shitty buzz!

Old Post Jun-27-2017 22:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
1sashenka
tranceaddict

Too bad this event got cancelled, and it was great every year so far since they started it. I am good friends with Electric Island and Electric Star Productions team members. And there is a trance only event next Saturday in nightclub district on Richmond and Spadina

https://www.facebook.com/events/232911440534139/

Old Post Jul-13-2017 15:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for 1sashenka Click here to Send 1sashenka a Private Message Add 1sashenka to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Electric island wasn't cancelled. I know I was there lol

the space wasn't as bad as I expected and because it rained we didn't have to dance on wet grass. Still liked the Woodbine spot better.

Still no updates on the next location.

The next one does look like the weakest in the series imo

Might skip Nina for Deetron for the final time slot.

Kink *Live* and Jackmaster can both be great as well.

The first one of 2017 in Woodbine park kind of reminded me of SW4 in London but like a fraction of the size and talent but still had a bit of a similar vibe.

Still kind of feel like were missing a headliner on the August line up.

Old Post Jul-17-2017 17:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

He was talking about Entranced Island. It's a much smaller party that happens on Hanlan's point every summer.

I have a feeling the next Electric Island will be back at Hanlan's point. I saw a map of what parts of the island still have flooding issues and it really only looks like Hanlan's beach on that side of the island.

Also, if anyone is wondering when Sven Vath is playing - it's on Monday, Sept 4th

Old Post Jul-17-2017 21:13  Canada
jsibilin

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
He was talking about Entranced Island. It's a much smaller party that happens on Hanlan's point every summer.

I have a feeling the next Electric Island will be back at Hanlan's point. I saw a map of what parts of the island still have flooding issues and it really only looks like Hanlan's beach on that side of the island.

Also, if anyone is wondering when Sven Vath is playing - it's on Monday, Sept 4th

kudos kotsy!

maybe one day there with be a festival called Techno Island.. or Trance Island! two separate festivals .. and wouldn't it be cool if part of EI was on the beach separated from the nudists

Old Post Jul-18-2017 18:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jsibilin Click here to Send jsibilin a Private Message Add jsibilin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2017
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTech Trance MONSTER needs ID! HELP! [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackE-Craig - The Beat Goes On (Mike Robbins Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread